1 ... 8 9 10
eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
9/12/19 8:40 a.m.
Woody said:

It isn’t fun anymore. 

Sadly, I know that feeling.  I had a Fairmont Futura that fought me every step of the way.  The day it got vandalized and had multiple windows smashed was the straw that broke the camel’s back.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/12/19 2:25 p.m.

I had to lay on my back today in order to change the oil in the Volvo.

Sure, I have a lift, but in order to gain access to the lift's arms that are stored in the corner, and then get the car in far enough to lift it and close the garage door, I would need to move the scooter, the extra Volvo seats and the mountain bike. It would ultimately be easier to do things the hard way, and harder to do it the easy way.

And now my back hurts. This is why the scooter must go.

Woody
9/12/19 2:52 p.m.
jfryjfry said:

Also, two guys have had no-start issues because of clogged up exhausts.... maybe try pulling it off? Or at least looking up the tailpipe (maybe Eddie Murphy was in the area).

have you checked for spark with a plug against the motor since this last round? 

you can also clip a timing light on the plug wire to see if it’s getting a spark at least through the wire. 

Thumb over the tail pipe indicates that there is air moving through the exhaust system  

Timing light is all blinky, so it's getting spark, though I suspect that it's happening at the wrong time.

Woody
9/12/19 3:32 p.m.

It is now 4:30 Thursday afternoon. Unless someone can convince me otherwise, in exactly 24 hours, this will become a modestly sized bucket of metric hardware. 

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
9/12/19 3:45 p.m.

I still want someone to tell me that they can pick this up at Woody's and throw it in a truck and drag it to Florida. 

Woody
9/12/19 4:00 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

I still want someone to tell me that they can pick this up at Woody's and throw it in a truck and drag it to Florida. 

You have mail.

Harvey
Harvey GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/16/19 2:14 p.m.

It could be worse. I was just getting happy again after resolving some minor but persistent issues with the Corvette when the motor seized the other day.

Run_Away
Run_Away GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/2/20 3:10 p.m.
akamcfly said:
Woody said:
akylekoz said:

Dude, you are a superdork.  If it’s anything like a spree I know how to make them faster.

Thanks, but I don’t think it shares much with the Spree. This is a 125cc water cooled four stroke. 

I had a chance to buy 2-1/2 elite 125s last fall for $600cdn, but with an 81 gl1100, 79 cx500 and 01 KLR, I don't have the space/time. My homework suggests the elite 125 engines weren't used in anything else. That doesn't mean it doesn't share guts with other small Honda engines, just that it didn't look like anything would swap in directly or bolt on performance-wise. It was hard to turn down the offer what with the digital dash and pop-up headlight. sad

2.5 Elites for $600? Near Thunder Bay?

I'm re-reading this thread because I just agreed to buy 2.5 Elites located around there for about that money.

I didn't even know what an Elite was before this thread, so this is all Woody's fault.

1 ... 8 9 10

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
aWEdlOGBHve0anU21zCIIDis2dFoaQh9BQNnFZtkcpRSKumIde3pIm0rT8GGIK9p