bcrx7
bcrx7 New Reader
8/14/14 1:05 p.m.

I have been browsing these forums for a long time, and I thought it was time to sign up and post a build thread.

The car started as my daily driver over 15 years ago. That was followed by some autox events. The car was taken off road about 12 years ago to work on the car and modify it to a track car. However over the years due to school, work, and other things it was barely worked on until about 3 years ago. That was when I decided to make the car a dedicated race car and of course it spiral out of control on where the limits are!

For all intensive purposes the car is a tube chassis with basically half of the firewall, the roof and some connecting sheet-metal left from the original chassis. I have over a 1,000 photos and videos of the build process which are posted on flickr as an album: album.

Just a few things that are on the car at the moment: * Mazda BP engine (started at 1.8L, about 1.91L now) with all sort of internal goodies and mods * BW EFR 8374 turbo * Mazda RX-7 Turbo transmission (would like to change this to something stronger like a T600) * Ford 8.8 rear with custom inverted 4-link (switching this to ford 9 since I am going wide 5 all around) * Aero and such all over and widebody * MegaSquirt 3/3x standalone

Things that are on the to-do list are: * Wide5 front and rear * Ford 9" * Wishbone front suspension

The car is currently at storage for the last couple of months until we find a new shop for our toys.

Some pictures if you don't want to head over to the flickr link: Engine: Front: Interior: Interior: Exterior:

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/14/14 1:22 p.m.

wait, what!!!!

Awesome!

How much HP are you putting out that the tII trans is a weak link? I have never heard of power breaking a TII trans. Then again, that is with a rotary in front of it.

Rob R.

bcrx7
bcrx7 New Reader
8/14/14 1:24 p.m.

I am aiming for 575-600. The car will have much more torque than TII can put out and even the 3rd gen guys have issues on track with these transmissions at about 500hp. I just rather not worry about it later on.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 Dork
8/14/14 9:33 p.m.

this thing is sick and wrong in all the right ways.

I love it.

please, fill us in on all the details with tons of hotlinked pictures.

bcrx7
bcrx7 New Reader
8/15/14 9:30 a.m.

Thanks! I will give more details as I have time on the process so far.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kwYTMzRfWc2m8Cwi3fpTeKI3B1c8njHMDXeByi9dIqVPNnZzgD9DR5zLIyHjkK3q