1 2 3 4 5
tjbell
tjbell Reader
5/5/15 3:04 p.m.

I am right in Milford! would love to see this thing some time.

paperpaper
paperpaper New Reader
5/5/15 3:05 p.m.

In reply to tjbell:

Come over any weekday(someweekend). Pm me if ya like

paperpaper
paperpaper New Reader
5/8/15 8:51 a.m.

Picked up some bav auto rear lowering springs yesterday for 50$. Trying to get that ass down. help with weight balance and hopefully traction. iS spring vs bav auto spring Before After

Settled it down a little. Forgot to measure actual drop but seems to be about 1.5 inch. Will have to see how it is over this week and the rallyx next weekend. Will keep stock springs on hand though.

This weekend is the New England Region rally sprint. Up at Team Oniel rally school. Awesome list of cars signed up as of now. Should be fun to Volunteer at.

saruken
saruken New Reader
5/10/15 2:28 p.m.

Can't believe I'm just seeing this thread now. Awesome stuff man. Love all the action shots / videos.

DocV
DocV New Reader
5/12/15 3:03 p.m.

Subb'ed your YouTube channel. Love your car and the videos.

paperpaper
paperpaper New Reader
5/12/15 3:11 p.m.

Thanks guys! Glad you are enjoying it. Rallyx in Vermont on Saturday. special one considering its the 1 year anniversary since I got the thing running and took it to its first event. Hopefully we can mimic the 1st place finish from last year as well!(back in Stock rear back then) Transformation Tuesday as they say.

Watch out for pics and videos by early next week!

paperpaper
paperpaper New Reader
5/18/15 12:03 p.m.

Event report!

Another awesome day and excellent day's racing. This time at Mnt snow In southernish Vermont. The 1 year anniversary of the e30's first event.

Early morning 2 car caravan. Rained whole ride there but luckily clear day once we got there: Action: Mid day grid. The mostertruck e30 kicked all our buts:

Video highlights

A great day with good practice. Finished 3rd and had a awesome time. Rear lowering springs really helped with traction and balance of the car. throttle is no longer the Frenimy.

Bearded.Bird
Bearded.Bird Reader
5/18/15 2:48 p.m.

Okay, so stupid question time...is your window falling out or does it pop out like the mini van windows?

Bearded.Bird
Bearded.Bird Reader
5/18/15 2:49 p.m.

Looking good either way. And that is one lifted BMW.

paperpaper
paperpaper New Reader
5/18/15 2:51 p.m.
Bearded.Bird wrote: Okay, so stupid question time...is your window falling out or does it pop out like the mini van windows?

They pop out looks funny but helps flow some air.

Bearded.Bird
Bearded.Bird Reader
5/18/15 2:53 p.m.

I figured as much, it just looked like they come out really far.

paperpaper
paperpaper New Reader
6/17/15 10:21 p.m.

2 weeks late but an eventful Weekend at STPR in PA June 5-7th. Overthere for seeing/crewing at the rally as well as a divisional round rallyx right after the real rally on the same grounds.

But mostly to crew for a great family team in the Beliveau boys.

Waiting for Tech Was planning on just spectating but the chance to crew was both exiting and a great learning experience. As doing stage rally is a goal of mine this was an awesome time seeing how to actually participate in one.

They were able to use my car for Recce as well.

Got little dirty lol

Park Expose Wellsboro. Our main service area. they put us next to all the big teams. Wed dont know why.

Was a good 2 days or running around, setting up services, thrashing on the car. The boys had good fight for most of the rally for second place in group 2. But after setting up service back at the main fairgrounds at the end of the second day. We got bad news from a volunteer. Car is stopped at end of stage 12...(and those words) bring the trailer.

We where told by said volunteer that the axle went. We showed up to this. Little more than an axle. The spun out into a bank and rendered the car inoperable but very fixable.

Anyways sunday I was finally able to let loose after watching people have fun. Divisional round of the northeast ralyx. Event was little rough but was awesome course. As well as finally getting to meet some of the other e30 rallyx's from not so nearby regions.

Came in third in Mod rear. Good close racing. was fun putting it up against some of the best RWD rallyxers around.

Pics:

Vidja: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP5lGRKqcM8

Overall super weekend. Couldnt ask for more than seeing new places, peoples, experiences. Always amazed at this car that I built. Drive 6 hours, be a recce car, rallyx, and drive all the way back.

Next event is for kicks autox and a rallyx week after. super excited for hillclimbs soon as well.

BTW thinking rollcage

CarLava
CarLava New Reader
6/18/15 8:41 p.m.

Love the looks of your car! Checked out the video link too. awesome!

paperpaper
paperpaper New Reader
6/18/15 8:45 p.m.

In reply to CarLava:

Thanks! Pretty stock e30 To be honest. just lights, flaps, and a garden trimming lip.

Bearded.Bird
Bearded.Bird Reader
6/22/15 2:27 p.m.

Looking good man. Looks like you lost your screwdriver you had setting on your trunk when you started.

paperpaper
paperpaper New Reader
6/22/15 2:31 p.m.

In reply to Bearded.Bird:

Yeah didn't even know until i watched the video. it was my camera screwdriver. he will be missed.

paperpaper
paperpaper New Reader
6/22/15 2:38 p.m.

Surprise update. Attended an autox yesterday in the pouring rain. was going to be exciting driving until my rear brake hardline popped on my second run. Had to twist that thing into a pretzel to make it hold pressure and be able to drive it home. Luckily had some friends there to help. And to lend me his caged sti to go get more brake fluid and for some fun runs after I fixed it. So the day was not a total loss. Have to slap in another line by friday, so I can rallyx by saturday.

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Reader
6/22/15 2:58 p.m.

Sucks about the brake line. That's not a fun job.

Where did you autocross?

paperpaper
paperpaper New Reader
6/22/15 3:04 p.m.

I autox at FT devens in Ayer, MA. I dont autox often but still fun to throw one or 2 in the schedule.

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Reader
6/22/15 3:27 p.m.

Ah, so you ran with SVT? What did you think? I go to most of the SCCA events there, but I'm thinking of mixing it up a bit.

Looks like you're having a blast rallycrossing.

paperpaper
paperpaper New Reader
6/22/15 3:30 p.m.

If you are looking for seat time and a relaxed good time squishing cones. then NE-SVT or Bay state corvette club is the best way to do it. classes are experienced street tire, intermediate street tire, novice and experienced race tire. (based off your own determined skill level)

On a good smooth running nice weather day, expect 12 runs from 60 drivers. and use off the full airfield.

irish44j
irish44j PowerDork
6/22/15 5:01 p.m.

Good times for sure. Too bad you can't make it down for our 2-day this weekend. I wouldn't be surprised if we manage close to 30+ runs in the two days ;) You should plan for it next year!

Btw, planning to do your cage at Cage This? Interested to see how much they charge there.

paperpaper
paperpaper New Reader
6/22/15 6:12 p.m.

In reply to irish44j:

I will have to see about next year.

I can ask Billy from cage this and Kris. I will be crewing for them and the cage this e30 at nefr. Because I am also interested.

ValuePack
ValuePack SuperDork
6/29/15 9:30 a.m.

Spotted you in Manchester, NH yesterday, car looks good!

paperpaper
paperpaper New Reader
6/29/15 9:34 a.m.

In reply to ValuePack:

Red iX? Yeah man! Nice looking iX would have kept up with you but was getting off on brown ave!

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5Hu5ilyFmAierllmHwpeOcJafYFtMTXTqWxKPQuWyiziWaANqRZIiDOPphd7fqdb