1 ... 5 6 7 8
Mikiedriftsjunk
Mikiedriftsjunk Reader
3/17/19 2:17 p.m.
yupididit said:

In reply to Mikiedriftsjunk :

Like I said on IG you inspire me to do my black conquest.

Buuuuuuut, no space crying 

Can I just send you my car and like $25,000 lmfaoooo

I’m down! 

Crackers
Crackers Dork
3/17/19 3:03 p.m.

I believe this is what the kids call a "sick" car. 

So jealous. 

Mikiedriftsjunk
Mikiedriftsjunk Reader
3/17/19 3:13 p.m.
Crackers said:

I believe this is what the kids call a "sick" car. 

So jealous. 

Haha ssssiiiiccccckkkkkkkkk! 

Thanks dude. It means a lot! 

Mikiedriftsjunk
Mikiedriftsjunk Reader
3/23/19 11:44 p.m.

A lot of people have asked how it sounds with the exhaust setup. I personally think it sounds pretty good still! 

https://youtu.be/Kmq1XxBiPA8

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/24/19 11:07 a.m.

Better than pr0n!  

Mikiedriftsjunk
Mikiedriftsjunk Reader
3/27/19 9:47 p.m.
AngryCorvair said:

Better than pr0n!  

Haha for sure! 

Crackers
Crackers Dork
3/28/19 10:57 p.m.
Mikiedriftsjunk said:

Well i hate the factory style wipers.. they are outdated and the pin style. so i decided to make them into a j hook style and open my options on wiper blades!

I also didnt like the way the relay cover looked so i decided to make a new one.. first coating it in mirror black but i didnt like that either so i went satin instead!

So i used these from a 2000 s10

and cut the end off

I was thinking about this post while looking at the pile of wiper parts for my wagon earlier today.

I'm going to have to shorten a Corolla arm to work with my modified Lexus SC300 hardware on my 68 Rambler American.

These are usually some kind of tempered carbon (spring) steel. If they were quenched in water without tempering (or at the very least annealing or normalizing) you could have accidentally made them brittle by converting it to martensite. (AKA "full hard" before tempering.) 

I'm fortunate that shortening my arms only means removing a rivet and drilling some new holes. 

Mikiedriftsjunk
Mikiedriftsjunk Reader
4/6/19 8:06 p.m.

In reply to Crackers :

i thought about that  but I done this about 3 years ago on my other car and have had zero issue so far  

Mikiedriftsjunk
Mikiedriftsjunk Reader
6/8/19 8:28 p.m.

So its been a while since ive posted, but ive gotten some really good shots on this car this spring!

This is the current state of the car and how it looks.. Ive been driving it alot and really enjoying it!!

I really appreciate all the kind comments and show of support for the build here, as far as i know Tanner is really happy about it too! he will see the car for the first time june 22, 2019

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/9/19 6:45 a.m.

Sooooooooo nice!

Mikiedriftsjunk
Mikiedriftsjunk Reader
6/11/19 10:48 p.m.
AngryCorvair said:

Sooooooooo nice!

Thank you sir!

OjaiM5
OjaiM5 New Reader
6/12/19 8:45 a.m.

Oh man, that looks better than almost all new cars. So Rad!

Mikiedriftsjunk
Mikiedriftsjunk Reader
6/17/19 10:50 p.m.
OjaiM5 said:

Oh man, that looks better than almost all new cars. So Rad!

Thank you! We are having a car show this Saturday and tanner gets to see his car. 

Mikiedriftsjunk
Mikiedriftsjunk Reader
6/29/19 1:25 p.m.

So we finally got to take the car back to tennessee for tanner to see! The weather was against us, but we made it work out anyway! 

Tanner normally cant sit up in his seat for more than 15-20 minutes.. He sat outside in the rain for 2 hours! refusing to go inside, we kept asking him if he wanted to go in and he would just squint his eyes and shake his head no! We put a pop up tent over him and walked him around the parking lot to see all the cars. He just smiled, laughed and gave everyone a thumbs up! He truly loved every car there! 

We fired his car up and revved the piss out of it for him, and his eyes got as big as the wheels! He kinda took a deep breath in and held it! He loved the whole thing! 

It was truly an awesome experience. He took a small break inside and came back out to sit beside his car for another 2 hours. He loved every minute of it. I hope im able to do this once a year for him. His step mom ( who is always there for him ) said he's never been so happy. Ive never seen him so happy either even before his accident. He just smiled and laughed until he made himself cough!

Anyway, heres some pictures!

Tralfaz
Tralfaz Reader
6/29/19 1:34 p.m.

That's Awesome.

Thanks for sharing.

OjaiM5
OjaiM5 New Reader
6/29/19 1:49 p.m.

Well done, the world needs more people like you and your friends. 

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
6/29/19 3:03 p.m.

Brings a tear to my eye.  Thanks for those pictures and the story.

Mikiedriftsjunk
Mikiedriftsjunk Reader
6/29/19 10:18 p.m.
Tralfaz said:

That's Awesome.

Thanks for sharing.

Seeing him be happy in E36 M3 weather was truly awesome. He didn’t care at all, he just loved the cars and his especially! 

Mikiedriftsjunk
Mikiedriftsjunk Reader
6/29/19 10:20 p.m.
OjaiM5 said:

Well done, the world needs more people like you and your friends. 

Just a normal dude doing normal stuffs haha. I always wanted to build a v8 car. And I’m very familiar with these cars. And tanner just happened to have this car before he had his accident. So it was a win win win because he wanted to put a v8 in it! But he was doing to probably a ford swap, but he never has the best solutions to his ideas

Mikiedriftsjunk
Mikiedriftsjunk Reader
6/29/19 10:21 p.m.
stuart in mn said:

Brings a tear to my eye.  Thanks for those pictures and the story.

His momma started crying. I told tanner to tell her to dry it ip! It was already raining. We didn’t need to add to it!

Lof8
Lof8 GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/30/19 11:14 a.m.

Great job man!  Beautiful car and made your buddy’s day!

Mikiedriftsjunk
Mikiedriftsjunk Reader
7/2/19 11:18 p.m.
Lof8 said:

Great job man!  Beautiful car and made your buddy’s day!

Only took me a year and a half to get it there! But damnit I got it there!! Haha 

dherr
dherr GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/3/19 8:36 a.m.

Thanks for sharing the full story, great build and great that Tanner was able to participate!

Mikiedriftsjunk
Mikiedriftsjunk Reader
7/9/19 11:09 a.m.
dherr said:

Thanks for sharing the full story, great build and great that Tanner was able to participate!

For sure! He had an absolute blast! Should have seen his face when I revved the piss out of it! Haha 

farrk007
farrk007
7/19/19 8:14 p.m.

someones cutting onions...dude GOD BLESS YOU!!! proof that there are real souls alive!!

real inspiration here...Thank you.

I'd like some tips on how you accomplished this build if you dont mind.

1 ... 5 6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vek9vc3bpPCbLJwnmxh60K8SbIVS7oVJKuQu6QzXMq2cYzYG1du4QI7TT7l8amBe