1 2 3 4
speedyquest
speedyquest None
1/13/17 1:20 p.m.

Well being new here I thought I'd share an ongoing project with the community and see if anyone here is interested in updates as I go down this rabbit hole that I've been crawling through for roughly 8 years.

I've got countless pictures from the numerous years of modifications and improvements but maybe the best thing to show for now is how the car looked when I got it VS today.

Before:

After:

I've got a pretty substantial build thread that I've been updating over the years over on a great forum for these cars(www.starquestclub.com) located here --> Build Thread

Really though I'm looking forward to becoming an active part of the community here and getting inspired by other peoples builds.

Thanks for looking!

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/13/17 1:34 p.m.

In reply to speedyquest:

It looks amazing in that color. And I thought the blue ones were the only lust-worthy ones...

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
1/13/17 1:40 p.m.

Sweet car. And another Wisconsinite! Pete's right, that color is the bee's knees.

Lof8
Lof8 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/13/17 1:41 p.m.

Beautiful transformation. What kind of stuff do you do with it?

Sky_Render
Sky_Render SuperDork
1/13/17 1:48 p.m.

That's gorgeous. I always loved me some Starquest.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
1/13/17 1:50 p.m.

yes, wow. One of my favorite 80's cars. Nice work!

The0retical
The0retical Dork
1/13/17 2:05 p.m.

Wow. I guess I have some reading to do.

edizzle89
edizzle89 Dork
1/13/17 2:30 p.m.

simply amazing, starion's are stunning cars to begin with and you took it to the next level

mbruneaux
mbruneaux Reader
1/13/17 2:59 p.m.

Good to see you SpeedyQuest!

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 SuperDork
1/13/17 3:47 p.m.

I really like that color. More please!

Caleb
Caleb Reader
1/13/17 8:26 p.m.

AWESOME

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltimaDork
1/13/17 8:34 p.m.

Damn that looks good

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/13/17 8:57 p.m.

That's a mighty impressive build thread, both in scope, and (lack of) duration. Would you, speedy quest, care to elaborate on some differences between the skinny and fat suspensions? (I forget what exact words you guys use to differentiate between the non-flared, and flared cars). I got that the track was narrower, and not just due to wheels, etc on the earlier cars, and was aware of 4-lug vs. 5, but it seemed like better/lighter/more desirable rear suspension was alluded to in the build. Do you see benefits of the earlier style, apart from being the car you own.

Excellent turbo eye candy in the build, too, by the way.

mbruneaux
mbruneaux Reader
1/13/17 10:42 p.m.

Anyone notice the exhaust?....

Rufledt
Rufledt UberDork
1/13/17 10:46 p.m.

That looks amazing!

Also hooray for another wisconsinite!

ssswitch
ssswitch Dork
1/14/17 12:56 a.m.

Great colour, wow. Love the seats as well.

speedyquest
speedyquest New Reader
1/14/17 8:55 a.m.

@mbruneaux: Hey dude! I didn't realize anyone else from SQC frequents here. It's nice knowing there are some SQC guys here too!

@Lof8: Thanks man, I mostly just daily drive it and enjoy it during the warm months. I would like to auto-x with it too at some point.

@wheelsmithy: Yea man, any questions you have that I can answer I'd be happy to. The big differences between the flatty(narrow) and widebody versions are that the control arms are shorter front and rear. Along with that the hub splines are a different angle. So taking a flatty and making it a widebody gains you about an inch of wheel space to fill ☺️.

I appreciate all the kind words about the car, thanks! Way to make a guy feel welcome lol. I like the cars color as well and it seems you do too. There are however two small downsides to it. Some people think the car is in primer and ask if or when I plan on painting i and the other is ever since I painted it this smoke gray TONS of people think it's a Delorean. Just an absolute ton, it's a joke among my friends now lol.

speedyquest
speedyquest New Reader
6/14/17 12:32 p.m.

Well I've had quite the hiatus from here after only posting a few times but I think what am going to do is selectively pick some photos to add here, give a rough break down of what has been done to the car so far and then start actively posting here in real time as I work on the car.

I have really jumped down the rabbit hole with the car recently and I would love feedback and ideas from all of you very knowledgeable members.

Expect content here at roughly the end of next week as I'm about to go camping for a week Thanks everyone!

speedyquest
speedyquest New Reader
6/14/17 12:33 p.m.

Oh screw it! Teaser Picture!

The0retical
The0retical SuperDork
6/14/17 12:52 p.m.

Oh do go on...

speedyquest
speedyquest New Reader
6/14/17 7:35 p.m.

In reply to The0retical:

Oh I shall...

classicJackets
classicJackets HalfDork
6/14/17 7:57 p.m.

I love the looks of these. The wheels are some of my favorite OEM wheels, too - I hope to run a set on my truck one day..

speedyquest
speedyquest New Reader
9/8/17 9:33 a.m.

And after dropping off the earth again... here I am again.

speedyquest
speedyquest New Reader
9/8/17 9:36 a.m.

I'm sorry I haven't given much context on these pictures. But if I find time I'll come back on here and give a long description of what I'm trying to do here...

Gunchsta
Gunchsta Reader
9/8/17 10:13 a.m.

I like. I've always loved the look of these cars. 

Glad to see it doesn't have an LS in it yet- not that there is anything wrong with that but it's cool that it hasn't gone that route. 

unless you're planning that in the next phase of the build in which case I'm sure it will be a riot. Ha ha ha. 

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Ic4VZcoLUCgz8cuUDWAdQZT1nk3y8G9vNgBySufzfpoBd4wazmKuFscNBCCHm7HN