1 2 3 4
Norma66
Norma66 Reader
2/27/19 12:57 a.m.

The shear scope and imagination that people come up with on this forum blows me away. Im trying to take a stock ford and put stock motor in it and feel like it whoops me whenever i try and do something. You all just cut cars in half, put them back together like its nothing. Keep up the excellent work.

speedyquest
speedyquest New Reader
2/27/19 8:05 a.m.
Norma66 said:

The shear scope and imagination that people come up with on this forum blows me away. Im trying to take a stock ford and put stock motor in it and feel like it whoops me whenever i try and do something. You all just cut cars in half, put them back together like its nothing. Keep up the excellent work.

It might seem like that but trust me when I say we all started at the beginning and not knowing anything about cars. Heck if you think about it the vast majority of people would think its crazy to try swapping the stock motor in their car. Its just a matter of time, experience, and failure haha. As long as you keep learning and pushing your comfort zone even just a little bit on each project you tackle you WILL start cutting cars in half and putting them back together lol.

And thank you for the kind words, I appreciate them.

Allen

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/27/19 8:13 a.m.

Richard Keil and Jackie Chan approve.

Gunchsta
Gunchsta HalfDork
2/27/19 8:52 a.m.

Glad to see this is still out there getting enjoyed, it's a super cool car. 

Excited to see some more for 2019! Can't recall throughout the thread if this has been answered, but have you ever dynoed the car or has it all been street tuning? I'd be curious to see what it makes. 

speedyquest
speedyquest New Reader
2/27/19 9:15 a.m.
Gunchsta said:

Glad to see this is still out there getting enjoyed, it's a super cool car. 

Excited to see some more for 2019! Can't recall throughout the thread if this has been answered, but have you ever dynoed the car or has it all been street tuning? I'd be curious to see what it makes. 

Thanks man. As for the question about being on a dyno the answer is not yet. Part of the plans for this spring involve getting the car ready for that actually. I created a street tune for the car but in the coming months I'll be taking it to a reputable tuner to have the cars tune gone over by a professional and to see what kind of HP it will make. One thing I'm doing to make sure I don't have the typicial "dyno experience" is installing a brand new lightweight flywheel and an appropriately rated ACT clutch. I'm just as excited to find out as you to be honest lol. Lets hope its not 150HP haha!

Gunchsta
Gunchsta HalfDork
2/27/19 10:00 a.m.

In reply to speedyquest :

Heck yeah man. As long as you don't spend all your time watching 1320 Video and seeing "every" car make 1,000 plus I think you'll be happy. Dyno numbers are interesting, but I would be more worried about getting a dialed tune and having it run really well than having some stupid dyno number and a car that can't handle it. 

Blind guess for whenever the time comes - 242 to the wheels. 

speedyquest
speedyquest New Reader
2/27/19 10:30 a.m.
Gunchsta said:

In reply to speedyquest :

Heck yeah man. As long as you don't spend all your time watching 1320 Video and seeing "every" car make 1,000 plus I think you'll be happy. Dyno numbers are interesting, but I would be more worried about getting a dialed tune and having it run really well than having some stupid dyno number and a car that can't handle it. 

Blind guess for whenever the time comes - 242 to the wheels. 

Oh trust me, I've got no false ideas about dyno numbers. You won't be seeing me post dyno sheets or brag about how much hp the car made because like you said it has almost nothing to do with what this car is for me. Its fun to drive, I love how it looks, and I feel comfortable doing to this car anything my mind can dream up. Hell anything over 400hp would probably make this thing mostly unusable.

speedyquest
speedyquest New Reader
3/12/19 12:04 p.m.

Spring is finally in the air here in Wisconsin... or atleast what we around here call spring. As soon as it hits 45 degrees outside and sunny winters over folks haha. Anyway parts, materials and tools are starting to trickle in and I'm really looking forward to start working on the car again.

I moved into a new work space a few weeks ago so organization and space building will need to happen a bit but after that all my spare time is going into the Starion. So far I've received an ACT unsprung 6 puck clutch, various ecu sensor, a new tig welding setup, and a bunch of stuff for upping the rev limiter on the motor. I'll post more once all that starts.

speedyquest
speedyquest New Reader
10/22/19 9:36 a.m.

speedyquest
speedyquest New Reader
10/22/19 9:37 a.m.

speedyquest
speedyquest New Reader
10/22/19 9:37 a.m.

speedyquest
speedyquest New Reader
10/22/19 9:38 a.m.

speedyquest
speedyquest New Reader
10/22/19 9:44 a.m.

I tend to not write much when I post these things. Not only that I post so infrequently that I kind of forget to post here even though I check this forum pretty regularly.

The really short version of whats happened since I last posted is I finished up the installing the lightweight flywheel, six puck clutch, beehive springs, and a whole boatload of other parts over the spring, summer, fall season. I took the car Auto-X'ing several times and had a blast. I also took the car to a drift event and tried my hand at that. That also was a ton of fun! I plan on going to one more drift even this coming weekend and then putting the car away for the winter. I've got two other vehicles to do projects on though so I'll try to be more active here.

One of those vehicles I've posted about already, its my 91 Montero. It needs some maintenance before winter hits us too hard in Wisconsin. But I do also plan on doing a few small fun projects with it too. One is building a roof rack for it.

The other project I've got queued up is yet another Starion. This one though will be very different from this one. I'm envisioning it being something like what Mitsubishi would have built to homologate its Group B Starion rally car if it ever had actually made it in production.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
10/22/19 9:47 a.m.
speedyquest said:

That is a phenomenal shot. It calls to mind the 70s concept cars like the Alfa Carabo. B&W was a good choice for this one. I'm in love.

speedyquest
speedyquest New Reader
10/22/19 9:59 a.m.

In reply to dculberson :

Thanks man, I appreciate that :)

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Hlvju472coyr2qM0Z54uSTj5CRxeJteDQC5R5FVpA4y1GotRVs1ik6UPtZRCUhpr