Cody_D
Cody_D New Reader
1/4/16 4:54 a.m.

I like reading other peoples build threads and I know that lots of you are E30 gurus so that can be helpful so I wanted to share my build.

I was planning on building an Eagle Talon for ice racing but I've been building Talons for so long it's lost it's appeal (I still like the engine though). I was whining to my friend about my lack of project and he offered me his E30 to build. I told him I thought it would be fun to put a Talon engine into it and so I've started to build a RWD 4G63 powered BMW E30.

Car Goals: Reliable 450hp and get the car to weigh as little as possible, hopefully in the 2200lb range but I don't know BMW's so this could be a dream.

Race Goals: Knox Mountain Hillclimb (May 2016), Targa Newfoundland and Bonnyville Salt Flats (Someday).

A fairly clean 1988 E30 Coupe that drove into my garage:

Perfectly fine running BMW M20 engine out:

Mustang T5 transmission has been bought, I am having a bell housing built to mate it to the 4G63.

Stripping the interior:

I've bought a running 2.3L Eagle Talon to steal the powertrain from, it already has a Holset HX35 and DSMLink so it solves a lot of my buying parts problems. This is not the same red Talon as in the previous pictures, just a coincidence.

NordicSaab
NordicSaab Reader
1/4/16 5:51 a.m.

how are you having the adapter built? I might be interested in having them run off a 2nd depending upon cost?

84FSP
84FSP HalfDork
1/4/16 7:04 a.m.

Loving the idea - a snorty turbo wooshing bimmer...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8QwQB9NkyNdQsTWNzGGiue7fPl8kEDmngsygJxBGF0TbJuArcFPCfdYvOCGnoUvr