1 2 3 4
solfly
solfly Reader
6/9/14 3:26 p.m.

got some vids at the last autocross, ill post those

i was slow and i broke something so not a great event. may be wrapping up my autocross career this season, we'll see

solfly
solfly Reader
6/13/14 8:27 p.m.

Broke the drivers side axle. Replaced it today. Back in action.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand Reader
6/13/14 9:53 p.m.
Dusterbd13 wrote: Is it sad that the thread title always makes me wonder if civics are passed on via intercouse? All I can see is sexually transmitted diseases instead of standard which is what std means in thos case. Build is looking great. Making me miss my old crx.

Thought I'd see something like this because of the title. LOL

Nicely done with the old shoe!

accordionfolder
accordionfolder HalfDork
6/20/14 6:56 p.m.

How is that reverse stagger working for you? I'm considering doing the same thing in the MS-3. I'm staying square in my civic.

solfly
solfly Reader
6/23/14 7:23 a.m.

i like the reverse stagger, Andy Hollis runs a similar setup on his one lap crx

solfly
solfly HalfDork
8/9/16 3:23 p.m.

so we had a big autocross event this past weekend and i broke two left axles, trying to figure that out

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Dork
8/9/16 3:55 p.m.

On my EF civic ice racer I had 7 axles fail(5 drivers and 2 passenger sides) in one season,we only have 6 weekends dammit.You do get good at swapping them,think I was down to about 8 min start to finish without really trying.

I never figured out why,ran the next season with fresh reman'd axles at the ready the next season and didn't have a single failure either side.

I started adding a short pc of wd40 spray tube under the small end clamp,theory was it kept the boot from ballooning with heat and the grease from slinging away from and staying away from the joint.

solfly
solfly HalfDork
8/10/16 12:53 p.m.

I'm leaning toward an axle length problem or a bad LSD

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
r3Q7I8VBb2r5sViZ56ZajX24vM1zalCoMoNRy2VFsAaGRg0tvBADWb3ktX2whjm7