1 2 3 ... 6
Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
5/31/19 8:06 p.m.

I bought gearheade30's wagon. It's low. It's  got 3 pedals. I'm happy.

Enjoying some thai food and beers with a buddy in Indy, I'll drive home with it tomorrow. More to come later. 

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled Reader
5/31/19 8:19 p.m.

Sooooo happy someone here grabbed this.  Congrats!

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/31/19 8:30 p.m.

I missed the for sale thread somehow.  Love it. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
5/31/19 8:51 p.m.

Oh hell yes! Challenge car for this year?

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon SuperDork
5/31/19 8:53 p.m.

Welcome to the big wagon club! It’s a good place to be.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
5/31/19 9:12 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

That's the plan. 

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/31/19 11:42 p.m.

Nice! 

The want for a Caprice wagon here is real too

Dusterbd13-michael
6/1/19 6:04 a.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

Im looking forward to meeting you in person, and continuing my trend if being a horrible influence on young adults. (You're in your early 20s, right?)

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
6/1/19 6:08 a.m.

I'm 23. And yeah I'm looking forward to meeting you and whoever else I meet at the challenge too.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory PowerDork
6/1/19 6:48 a.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

At 23, you’re not supposed to even like cars. You’re especially not supposed to like old wagons.

No wonder you’re a member here.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
6/1/19 7:03 a.m.

Awesome.

What part of Indy are you guys staying at?

Hit me up if you want to grab some breakfast or swing by and check out all my broken junk.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/1/19 7:16 a.m.

Soooo can I have that free dsm that you’ll never go get?

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
6/1/19 7:37 a.m.

Daylan is cool. He has terrible ideas. This wagon is perfect for him and I can't wait to see it at the Challenge. 

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
6/1/19 2:16 p.m.
Patrick said:

I might be able to arrange that. There was another guy that spoke for it but he never went after it either. PM me if you're serious and I can contact the guy.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
6/1/19 2:18 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

Daylan is cool. He has terrible ideas. This wagon is perfect for him and I can't wait to see it at the Challenge. 

I'm flattered.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
6/1/19 2:21 p.m.

In reply to Indy-Guy :

I was in Plainfield but I just got home, I left about the time you posted I think. I'll do my best to let you know next time I'm in town.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise HalfDork
6/1/19 2:47 p.m.

Any interior pics? 

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/1/19 3:00 p.m.
Daylan C said:
Patrick said:

I might be able to arrange that. There was another guy that spoke for it but he never went after it either. PM me if you're serious and I can contact the guy.

Text me 330 tw0 four two 0771 

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
6/1/19 3:03 p.m.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
6/1/19 4:24 p.m.

So here is the plan. I have the L98 short block from my GTA. '87 1 piece rear main block. GearheadE30 had a '96 Vortec 350 in the car a couple weeks ago. (The Tahoe that motor is destined for is a really cool piece). Both engines being 1 piece rear main 350s, the flywheel and clutch he had on his 350 and left in the back of the car will work on my 350.

The heads from that L98 have probably dried out valve seals and push in rocker studs that one of which pulled out last time I tried putting the motor together. However I mentioned this project to another friend and he reminded me of the heads from the 350 he had in his Camaro. 441 castings that had valve springs, seals, screw in rocker studs and a valve job done on them about 1000 miles before he suddenly lost oil pressure on the way to town and quickly decided to throw more money at the car. So he has a 383 with aluminum heads in that car now and sold me the old heads for $250.

While I was there I also bought his old 2101 Performer intake for $50, and have a 600cfm Edlebrock on the shelf I need to figure out FMV for. That just leaves rocker arms, ignition, and fuel supply to the carb and we're back in business. 

Edit: Mods, if you one of you could kindly correct "Classis" to Classic in the title I would greatly appreciate it.

Dusterbd13-michael
6/1/19 5:30 p.m.

I bought a 600cfm electric choke edelbrock for 40 bucks from the forum as point of fmv

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
6/1/19 5:38 p.m.

I did some convoluted average of the 10 cheapest finished Ebay listings and came up with $70.  The carb came off of the 350 I had in my old '86 Firebird if I remember right. Not that unrelated transactions matter though.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
6/1/19 6:06 p.m.
Patrick said:
Daylan C said:
Patrick said:

Text me 330 tw0 four two 0771 

I sent a text, not sure if you got it. Should have been from a 270 number.

Jordan Rimpela
Jordan Rimpela Digital Editor
6/1/19 6:53 p.m.

Ah, this makes me miss all of my past wagons. 

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
6/2/19 8:17 a.m.

Started going through the parts stash that came with the car.

Pretty sure this is the throttle cable I thought I was going to have to go find and buy.

Going to try to clean these up and throw some paint on them before they go on the new engine.

Wanted to clear all the parts out of it so I could fold the seats up. Obviously going to autocross it in race mode with the seats down like I learned from my favorite One Lap team. Seats only to be up if we're allowed to have people ride back here.

1 2 3 ... 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1n9dfYtTWLxqbozOR4TZnB9hcby0qv9FGxepUADd94oYkIj7J9lMr7kE9mjF6JEV