9/22/22 10:16 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG :

i'm in rhode island monday-Thursday of that week I believe 

ExcessKuma
ExcessKuma New Reader
10/7/22 2:17 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

In reply to Patrick :

You can be all hipster about how vintage JDM it is.  Maybe you can listen to Gackt on a minidisc player while you do it laugh

Seriously, it's cool as all hell, kind of part awesome and part time machine, which is perfect since us unwashed in the USA like these cars partly for the nostalgia from when we played Gran Turismo and read about them in Sport Compact Car.  Speaking of vintage JDM....  dat Kanjo sticker!

Patrick said:

my 3rd and final run today with the Skyline

More things I wish I could text back to the past.

Funnily enough it actually did come with a Minidisc Radio lol

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/14/22 7:05 p.m.

passenger side kick panel acquired, fasteners ordered. 

Patrick
10/25/22 1:51 p.m.

such groceries. Comfortably fits $189 in food from Aldi with room to spare and my camping chair is in there too. Not looking forward to putting it up for winter when they salt the roads. 

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/25/22 2:56 p.m.

Just found this thread. It's beautiful!!

759NRNG
759NRNG PowerDork
10/26/22 8:33 p.m.
Patrick said:

such groceries. Comfortably fits $189 in food from Aldi with room to spare and my camping chair is in there too. Not looking forward to putting it up for winter when they salt the roads. 

But you must and you know it....for the sake of all that is NE Ohio...

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/26/22 9:49 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG :

Time for a winter r32

Patrick
10/27/22 7:52 a.m.

In reply to Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) :

If the market cools any I'd definitely grab an r33 automatic awd sedan for winter

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
10/27/22 8:06 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Re: winter beater...

Old Infinitis from before the Q-everything era, in driver condition are still cheap everywhere.  Sure, been there, done that but try a different one this time. 

Gen3 Q45 asking $3,250

J30, a Z32 (automatic) with a back seat. 

Beautiful early M45

The asking price of $4k for this G35 wagon awd seems cheap.  Sure, 200k is a lot of miles but given that anything SUV tends to sell high this awkwardly seems reasonable. 

XLR99 (Forum Supporter)
XLR99 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/27/22 8:24 p.m.
759NRNG said:
Patrick said:

But you must and you know it....for the sake of all that is NE Ohio...

No way, the nasty brine they use here now is pure evil.  Even if you fluid film your car, it seems genetically engineered to penetrate and destroy steel.

Love the practical ridiculous collector car/grocery getter...

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
10/27/22 9:02 p.m.
John Welsh said:

In reply to Patrick :

Old Infinitis from before the Q-everything era, in driver condition are still cheap everywhere.  Sure, been there, done that but try a different one this time. 

Gen3 Q45 asking $3,250

Beautiful early M45

The asking price of $4k for this G35 wagon awd seems cheap.  Sure, 200k is a lot of miles but given that anything SUV tends to sell high this awkwardly seems reasonable. 

Hnnng, that M45

ExcessKuma
ExcessKuma New Reader
10/28/22 1:55 p.m.
John Welsh said:

In reply to Patrick :

Gen3 Q45 asking $3,250

Beautiful early M45

I would cry if someone took that relatively low mile J30 and made it a winter beater. One day I'll achieve my goal of having all 3 Infiniti launch cars in the same configuration.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
10/28/22 4:12 p.m.

In reply to ExcessKuma :

For Infiniti's inaugural year, 1990, there were only two cars offered...Q45 and M30 Coupe.  For the following year, 1991, the G20 was added as well as a M30 convertible.  The 1993 line-up dropped the M30, both coupe and convertible and added the J30.

dannyp84
dannyp84 Reader
10/28/22 5:01 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

I've wanted an M30 coupe for a long time, but all I ever find for sale in decent condition are white convertibles. This Leopard (what Nissan called the M30 in Japan) has a lot to do with my interest in them:

I'm pretty sure it was n/a RB swapped with individual throttles.
I also love the 03-04 M45, though they're pretty few and far between, and the center console stack is kinda strange and incoherent with the design of the interior. Still, they make pretty respectable power and a nice noise. They also have frameless windows which I've always thought was cool. 

ExcessKuma
ExcessKuma New Reader
10/28/22 5:17 p.m.
John Welsh said:

In reply to ExcessKuma :

For Infiniti's inaugural year, 1990, there were only two cars offered...Q45 and M30 Coupe.  For the following year, 1991, the G20 was added as well as a M30 convertible.  The 1993 line-up dropped the M30, both coupe and convertible and added the J30.

Technicalities :p   but still, imagine driving down the street and stumbling across a Q45, M30 and either a J30 or G20 (J30 being easier to find then a first gen G20)

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/28/22 5:20 p.m.

Really?  G20s were all over the place here.  I thought they were the coolest thing, a Sentra SE-R with a nicer interior. 

OTOH I also remember the first Infiniti offering to be the Q41, so perhaps there was a dimensional shift at some point.

ExcessKuma
ExcessKuma New Reader
10/28/22 5:44 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

Really?  G20s were all over the place here.  I thought they were the coolest thing, a Sentra SE-R with a nicer interior. 

OTOH I also remember the first Infiniti offering to be the Q41, so perhaps there was a dimensional shift at some point.

Keyword is probably were. Due to them being cheap most lost value quickly and became beaters. Which is a shame considering their capabilities. I hardly ever see a first gen G20 anymore 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
10/28/22 6:17 p.m.

In reply to ExcessKuma :

Just for you, a picture from the 1992 Infiniti brochure...

06HHR (Forum Supporter)
06HHR (Forum Supporter) Dork
10/28/22 7:18 p.m.

Here mine, i call it my work beater..

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/28/22 8:19 p.m.

In reply to ExcessKuma :

Most of them were rusted out by the time they were eight or ten years old.  The downside of being a really nice Sentra is that they were Sentras frown

Yes yes I know they were Primeras not Sentras, but the bones were B13.  I did see more second generation G20s but they were bigger and softer, or at least they felt that way.

I think the only J30s I ever saw were in magazines.  Just a little bit too odd looking for the time, I suppose.

Zindo
Zindo New Reader
10/28/22 11:23 p.m.

Godzilla badge on the back?

ExcessKuma
ExcessKuma New Reader
10/31/22 8:27 p.m.
Zindo said:

Godzilla badge on the back?

Long gone 

Patrick