1 ... 8 9 10 11 12
Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
8/2/13 9:15 a.m.
dansxr2 wrote: Frusterating is an understatement... It does seem to stop when you go back to ~10. It'll free rev to redline with no issue.

Have you COMPLETELY removed every last bit of emissions and have no remaining open ports?

Boost level isn't dropping when it does this, right? It's just all of a sudden dumping enough fuel to make it eat E36 M3?

dansxr2
dansxr2 Dork
8/2/13 9:18 a.m.

Timing is on a stock map so I doubt thats an issue, Duty Cycle is less than 70% at WOT currently

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/2/13 9:52 a.m.

how many injectors are you running and how big (still the 460cc?). What is your fuel pressure?

The only reason I ask is because those injectors (on an RX7) are only good for about 200 hp. On a piston engine, I would think you could run maybe 225 hp (a WAG).

Are you sure you have enough fuel?

P.S. I couldn't look at the data you linked.

Rob R.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
8/2/13 9:55 a.m.
wvumtnbkr wrote: how many injectors are you running and how big (still the 460cc?). What is your fuel pressure? The only reason I ask is because those injectors (on an RX7) are only good for about 200 hp. On a piston engine, I would think you could run maybe 225 hp (a WAG). Are you sure you have enough fuel? P.S. I couldn't look at the data you linked. Rob R.

On these motors, we've made well over 300whp on those injectors, though probably pushing them really hard.

Even on megasquirt keeping his duty cycle sane, he should be good for 300whp pretty easily, but he's nowhere near that yet on that turbo on that boost level.

Dan, humor me next time you drive it, and unhook the vacuum/boost reference line from the FPR. Plug the vacuum line and drive it.

dansxr2
dansxr2 Dork
8/2/13 12:47 p.m.

Thinking the FPR took a dump???

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
8/2/13 12:55 p.m.

It's an idea, at least.

I'm starting to highly doubt it's a Megasquirt issue at this point, assuming you've cleaned up your really strange VE map from a couple months ago.

dansxr2
dansxr2 Dork
8/2/13 4:56 p.m.

Actually the EGR is all still present. would it make my life a little better removing it? Also I'd love to a vacuum reduction as there are a BUNCH of small lines on the back of the intake.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
8/2/13 7:33 p.m.

Remove the egr completely. Very weird E36 M3 happens when they go bad on these cars.

dansxr2
dansxr2 Dork
8/3/13 11:11 p.m.

I'll try what we discussed earlier today and report as we had quite a deluge of rain earlier...

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
8/3/13 11:28 p.m.

The main thing is to move the MAP first, then if still no love, remove the reference to the FPR and see what happens.

dansxr2
dansxr2 Dork
8/9/13 4:58 a.m.

I've got 3mm hose on the way to switch the MAP reference. Im reasonably certain its ignition though. the tach sorta goes irratic.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
8/9/13 8:41 a.m.

Oh... well.... that would be an important detail, you goober.

What's the ignition capabilities of your MS again? Might be time for some LS truck coils.

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/9/13 9:09 a.m.

Just as a point of reference in terms of MegaSquirt and ignition: I had issues with erratic ignition events, tach issues, etc. Drove me buggy and made the car very difficult to drive.

So I replaced the two very thin, shielded wires from the crank sensor to the EDIS box, which helped a lot. Then I replaced the two wires (PIP and SAW) from the EDIS system to the megasquirt itself and that solved most of the rest of the issues. The lines were replaced with dual shielded two-core wires. I also cleaned the power and ground connections (again).

When they say that MegaSquirt is very sensitive to signal noise, they aren't joking. quadruple check your connections, your grounds and any shielded wiring.

Hope this helps.

dansxr2
dansxr2 Dork
8/19/13 10:10 p.m.

Where can I find suitable shielded wire for the trigger? I have some re routing to do on the vacuum hoses first, but I'm believing its definitely Ignition based... ~4000-4500 under 5-7+psi of boost the tach starts kinda bouncing around like its got a mind of its own...

dansxr2
dansxr2 Dork
9/30/13 9:53 a.m.

Removing powersteering, , EGR, and tidying up wiring and vacuum.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/30/13 10:54 a.m.

Remove that entire bullE36 M3 rat's nest behind the intake manifold.

All you need is map and reference for FPR if you use it.

dansxr2
dansxr2 Dork
9/30/13 12:05 p.m.

That's definitely a real mess back there!!!

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/30/13 12:18 p.m.
dansxr2 wrote: Where can I find suitable shielded wire for the trigger? I have some re routing to do on the vacuum hoses first, but I'm believing its definitely Ignition based... ~4000-4500 under 5-7+psi of boost the tach starts kinda bouncing around like its got a mind of its own...

Radio Shack actually had some, but I'd just see if there is a decent electronics store in your area.

dansxr2
dansxr2 Dork
9/30/13 8:47 p.m.

There's nothing here... I gotta drive an hour to get anything...

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/30/13 10:16 p.m.

Racetronix maybe? Did you get ahold of Matt and see what he suggested?

dansxr2
dansxr2 Dork
11/20/13 10:43 p.m.

He didn't see any loss of sync which is ruling out any noise issues... Am I correct with that Matt?  photo 2013-11-20_15-15-18_HDR_zps46bfdccd.jpg  photo 20131120_150933_zps0644d9ad.jpg Suspicions are arising that the hybrid turbo on my car is running a stock IHI exhaust housing with a GT2871R CHRA and choking the engine under 10+psi... I found a T3 I'm gonna swap up and see if a better downpipe resolves the issue... I have room for a much larger turbo, but I don't wanna shift the power where its not as "fun" on my commute when I want to leave the MR2 at home.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
11/20/13 10:48 p.m.

Where are you referencing that bov?

dansxr2
dansxr2 Dork
11/20/13 10:56 p.m.

behind TB. I haven't started removing the emissions crap.... but I shall!!! Hell I can probably get rid of some of the relays too possibly, as MS is running the show now. Straightening up the engine bay's wiring is my biggest goal when the cars painted again. Removing as much BS as I can so simplify it as much as I can.

Sal_the_man
Sal_the_man Reader
11/20/13 11:18 p.m.

Just read through this from start to finish, I am blown away. There is a stark contrast from what it was from the beginning to now, and I really do admire the craftmanship & effort put into it.

Pretty epic build! Paint is probably my favorite characteristic

dansxr2
dansxr2 Dork
11/20/13 11:29 p.m.

It's definitely one of a kind! Thanks for the kudos, when its right, it should set most on the V-8 crowd around my area straight lol... The paint was chosen just for that, to be different.

1 ... 8 9 10 11 12

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jItb7vxCH7tKnd1olw6kxo8ZcoGrbpup6S0qWcPEJ71geM6AVUQdwWYQvRw4gvKs