Kicksteady
Kicksteady
5/8/21 11:04 a.m.

So I recently bought a 1994 Chevrolet k1500 truck with a 5.7 tbi. The engine is blown but I have a donor car. A 1999 Chevrolet Tahoe 5.7. What would I have to do to make this set up work?

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
5/8/21 7:15 p.m.

Not a true expert on this ,but you should at least retrieve all the electro mechanical components from the1999.....manifold with the 'spider' throttle body ....ECM from behind the the glove box for sure....this is where I stop and maybe perhaps the 'hive' will step up with their vast sums of knowledge....do not ditch the EFI on your '94  just yet

Easiest approach is to use the Vortec long block and top it with the TBI from the '94.  The TBI intake won't fit (bolt hole differences) . I don't know the solution, but ThirdGen.org will, and it will probably be fairly cheap.  The posters at Third Gen.org will also help with the tune that you might need to make this work.  In fact, they've probably done it plenty of times for years. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/8/21 8:09 p.m.

IMHO if I'm going through all that I'm dumping both the TBI and spider injection and going to carb intake on the Vortec engine.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EjGyker6tEUhfmTgUi5Bs1bWFAtbPuqbcNdjHbu6tFWO1pqFfwb8sRO3HzTmBRy7