OkiePlumber
OkiePlumber
3/1/20 8:58 a.m.

Bought the car for $3,000. The engine is supposed to be fully built from the crankshaft all the way to the head. It's got a AEM ECU in it. DC sports exhaust from the header all the way back no cat. Any idea on what kind of wheel horsepower it could make? It's tuned for 91 octane

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/1/20 9:01 a.m.

Not enough information I'm afraid as every shop has a different opinion on what "fully built" means. Fully built for what?

H22A is also a bit of an odd choice to build a high HP Honda.

OkiePlumber
OkiePlumber New Reader
3/1/20 9:10 a.m.

In reply to BoxheadTim :

I'll contact the buyer and get further details. My understanding is it was built years ago when high octane gas was what everyone was running instead of e85. He warned of not boosting it. Said it was not built loosely for boost. I honestly have no idea what he's talking about

OkiePlumber
OkiePlumber New Reader
3/1/20 9:10 a.m.

In reply to OkiePlumber I meant I'll contact seller*

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/1/20 9:22 a.m.

Well, that would suggest that the motor may be running a lot of compression. Not being built for boost can mean anything - starting from insanely high compression to being built with rods known to banana at a whiff of boost .

Chances are that if the motor was indeed built with high compression for > 91/93 octane fuel, you should budget for bigger injectors and possibly an ECU remap or upgrade to be able to run corn juice.

OkiePlumber
OkiePlumber New Reader
3/1/20 11:35 a.m.

In reply to BoxheadTim :

Thanks a lot man. Much appreciated. I'll do some homework. I've found the shop that actually did the build ToySpeedMotorSports out of Tulsa. Again thanks for the feedback!

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
3/1/20 12:03 p.m.

Stock they're around 200 crank hp so 170-180 wheel hp. Once they're modded there's no easy way to guess. A dyno would tell you!

AAZCD
AAZCD HalfDork
3/1/20 12:48 p.m.

Before I bought a dozen Boxsters, I bought and sold a dozen Del Sols.

My favorite driver was B20B swapped and as a little car just for street use it was awesome fun. If you want to know the power, you'll need to run it on a dyno. I do most of my own work on cars and don't know ToySpeedMotorSports, but back when I was into Hondas, "Humble Performance" was the go-to shop in Tulsa for swaps and tuning. They could dyno it and recommend a good set-up for how you want to run it.

OkiePlumber
OkiePlumber New Reader
3/1/20 9:01 p.m.

In reply to AAZCD :

Thanks so much man, a co worker of mine is actually having them do some tuning for him as well. I've heard nothing but great news about those guys and started following their YouTube channel. Will be giving them a shout! Have a good one!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
s2ROuA2EgQVyX52TePzTlV5y6YeYFgBThtbpu0fh6pCc8rorDuiIxf7LM95lFr9t