1 2 3 4 5
KevinGale
KevinGale Reader
7/15/17 4:34 p.m.
Challenger392 wrote: Handling is a little different since the entire 15" front slicks ride outside of where the kingpin line hits pavement. It feels best at speed.

I know that feeling. Driving up the hill at slow speeds (like at the back of the line on a fam run) the car feels horrible. It pulls in all directions and just in general doesn't want to go where you point it. But at speed it is great, the faster the better.

KevinGale
KevinGale Reader
7/15/17 4:44 p.m.
Challenger392 wrote: Just barely hit a tree, just enough to take a little bark off. I crashed on the "good" side of the road, the ditch, a small bolder and a stump are what did the damage. The other side of the road would have been much worse, there is a pretty steep bank on that side.

LOL, That is hillclimbing. The good side to crash on has a boulder, stump and a tree. The bad side you can go off and no one will be able to see where the car lands as they drive by.

drivendaily
drivendaily Reader
7/17/17 7:16 a.m.

I still can't imagine how you guys pilot those things up the hills. Every run sounds like you're trying to tame a monster the whole way up. I'm glad you have a build thread now, Luke!

Challenger392
Challenger392 New Reader
7/18/17 10:43 a.m.

Here my full run up Mt. Washington. Its quite the ride. Quite possibly my favorite mountain to race.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/MAvpQSTNWbk

Challenger392
Challenger392 New Reader
7/18/17 10:45 a.m.
KevinGale wrote: In reply to Challenger392: We have lift off! Just found this thread Luke didn't know you had one. I'll have to mention your thread in my thread because it's about the same target audience. :-) I'm still working on relinking all my photos. I'm now hosting them on my own domain account to hopefully avoid having to do this ever again.

Ya ive been struggling with the same issue of finding a place to host photos. Especially for free.

Challenger392
Challenger392 New Reader
7/18/17 10:47 a.m.
KevinGale wrote:
Challenger392 wrote: Just barely hit a tree, just enough to take a little bark off. I crashed on the "good" side of the road, the ditch, a small bolder and a stump are what did the damage. The other side of the road would have been much worse, there is a pretty steep bank on that side.

LOL, That is hillclimbing. The good side to crash on has a boulder, stump and a tree. The bad side you can go off and no one will be able to see where the car lands as they drive by.

I think Dave Dennis got the award for the "best place to have your steering disintegrate" at Okemo.

Challenger392
Challenger392 New Reader
7/18/17 10:50 a.m.
KevinGale wrote:
Challenger392 wrote: Handling is a little different since the entire 15" front slicks ride outside of where the kingpin line hits pavement. It feels best at speed.
I know that feeling. Driving up the hill at slow speeds (like at the back of the line on a fam run) the car feels horrible. It pulls in all directions and just in general doesn't want to go where you point it. But at speed it is great, the faster the better.

I was quite happy with how the car handled at Washington, considering I set caster, camber, and toe, after rebuilding the suspension, with just tape measures and bubble levels.

Challenger392
Challenger392 New Reader
7/18/17 12:41 p.m.

Photo test, can anyone see the following picture?

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr UltraDork
7/18/17 12:59 p.m.

yep.

Challenger392
Challenger392 New Reader
7/18/17 1:10 p.m.

Sweet, lets hope they stay and don't disappear on me.

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem HalfDork
7/18/17 1:18 p.m.

NOPE

Challenger392
Challenger392 New Reader
7/18/17 1:25 p.m.
Ovid_and_Flem wrote: NOPE

Bummer. I cannot see your avatar, so maybe there is something else going on there.

KevinGale
KevinGale Reader
7/18/17 1:29 p.m.

In reply to Challenger392:

That one I cannot see. It is just blank with a big minus sign in the middle.

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem HalfDork
7/18/17 1:30 p.m.
Challenger392 wrote: Here my full run up Mt. Washington. Its quite the ride. Quite possibly my favorite mountain to race. https://www.youtube.com/embed/MAvpQSTNWbk

I thought the first part with the trees so close was scary. The the upper part with nothing but sheer cliffs REALLY made my milk dry up.

KevinGale
KevinGale Reader
7/18/17 1:33 p.m.

In reply to KevinGale:

Other people are switching to http://imgur.com/ but Imgur's terms specifically say they don't allow linking even though they are allowing it.

Imgur's terms of service said:

Also, don't use Imgur to host image libraries you link to from elsewhere, content for your website, advertising, avatars, or anything else that turns us into your content delivery network. If you do – and we will be the judge – or if you do anything illegal, in addition to any other legal rights we may have, we will ban you along with the site you're hotlinking from, delete all your images, report you to the authorities if necessary, and prevent you from viewing any images hosted on Imgur.com. We mean it.

But this scared me away.

Challenger392
Challenger392 New Reader
7/18/17 1:34 p.m.

Better?

Challenger392 wrote: Photo test, can anyone see the following picture?
KevinGale
KevinGale Reader
7/18/17 1:36 p.m.
Ovid_and_Flem wrote: I thought the first part with the trees so close was scary. The the upper part with nothing but sheer cliffs REALLY made my milk dry up.

I wonder if Luke even noticed. I didn't when I raced it. Pretty much just saw the road in front of me.

Challenger392
Challenger392 New Reader
7/18/17 1:37 p.m.
Ovid_and_Flem wrote:
Challenger392 wrote: Here my full run up Mt. Washington. Its quite the ride. Quite possibly my favorite mountain to race. https://www.youtube.com/embed/MAvpQSTNWbk

I thought the first part with the trees so close was scary. The the upper part with nothing but sheer cliffs REALLY made my milk dry up.

The trees at the bottom are a false sense of security, they are small and wimpy. You would still make it quite a ways if you were to go off with any momentum.

Challenger392
Challenger392 New Reader
7/18/17 1:40 p.m.
KevinGale wrote:
Ovid_and_Flem wrote: I thought the first part with the trees so close was scary. The the upper part with nothing but sheer cliffs REALLY made my milk dry up.

I wonder if Luke even noticed. I didn't when I raced it. Pretty much just saw the road in front of me.

At speed you don't really have time to think about where it would be bad to go off. You just know that the road is the safest place, and stay on it at all costs. It's much scarier to drive up it before the event and look off the drop offs. Some of the exposures are 1000+ ft.

KevinGale
KevinGale Reader
7/18/17 1:40 p.m.
Challenger392 wrote: Better?
Challenger392 wrote: Photo test, can anyone see the following picture?

No I still can't see it. I am however going to steal your youtube embed code. I hadn't found that trick yet.

KevinGale
KevinGale Reader
7/18/17 1:43 p.m.

I've added this thread to my watch list but I am not getting any emails for new posts. Anyone have any idea how it is supposed to work? Are you supposed to get a email for each new post or is it once a day thing?

Challenger392
Challenger392 New Reader
7/18/17 1:44 p.m.

Your supposed to get emails? Huh, I never have.

KevinGale
KevinGale Reader
7/18/17 2:15 p.m.
Challenger392 wrote: Your supposed to get emails? Huh, I never have.

Maybe it is broken. There is a setting for it in the profile and the watchlist feature seems pretty useless without it but maybe I am missing something.

KevinGale
KevinGale Reader
7/18/17 2:42 p.m.
drivendaily wrote: I still can't imagine how you guys pilot those things up the hills. Every run sounds like you're trying to tame a monster the whole way up. I'm glad you have a build thread now, Luke!

It's just like this. The bull is my car and that is me getting stomped on after I make a mistake.

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem HalfDork
7/18/17 3:13 p.m.
KevinGale wrote:
drivendaily wrote: I still can't imagine how you guys pilot those things up the hills. Every run sounds like you're trying to tame a monster the whole way up. I'm glad you have a build thread now, Luke!

It's just like this. The bull is my car and that is me after I make a mistake.

So you feel like the guy in the red shirt with his arm up a bull's arse?

1 2 3 4 5
Our Preferred Partners
Ecud2B2jOxwQjjgnQZNhjndzWY6sNtW07dweZXw8GQiD5CklDIajCRgOJN2VMkbk