1 ... 22 23 24
ShawneeCreek (Forum Supporter)
ShawneeCreek (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/11/20 5:47 p.m.
eastpark said:

Celebrate its life, don't mourn its death. 
That was a project well done. 

Well put. Thank you.

java230
java230 UberDork
8/11/20 10:07 p.m.

Agreed, sad to see it go, but it lived out its purpose. And it was AWESOME! 

solfly
solfly HalfDork
8/12/20 5:50 a.m.
Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/12/20 9:15 a.m.

Where are the engine and trans going? Cuz I'll make you a shell of a deal on a fiat x1/9. devil

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
3/18/23 12:31 p.m.

NOT A CANOE. REPEAT NOT A CANOE.

I'm resurrecting this thing because it hit radwood somehow and is making the rounds across the Facebook car groups and some kneejerk jackasses want to armchair qb this thing without understanding what it is. 

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
3/18/23 12:59 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

Wait. ?

I thought it got sent to the crusher. ?

How is it making the rounds?

Is there another one?

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
3/18/23 1:55 p.m.

In reply to Indy - Guy :

No- some guy posted a pic of it from a car show on one of many car based Facebook groups- said the pic was a few years old. What's old is new again. It's definitely this one- no one else is doing the screaming eagle on a dust buster. I think it's in conjunction with an older APv/transport that's been set on some Corvette saw blades that the kids are all excited about (admittedly, me too. It looks awesome)

ShawneeCreek
ShawneeCreek GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/20/23 3:59 p.m.

Interesting. I wondered why this thread had popped back up. Yeah, I street registered it for a summer up here in Michigan and took it to a couple of car shows. I'm not surprised some people took pictures of it.

Yes, this van is definitely in pieces. The engine and transmission are in a coworker's Fiero race car. A rocker panel is on my garage wall. The wheels and tires are on the Pontiac G6 of some random guy on Craigslist. The passenger seat is in my basement waiting to be made into a desk chair. And the body and chassis went to Omni Source for scrap metal.

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
3/20/23 4:24 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

NickD posted this over in the Hot Link thread.  Must be the one you're referring to:

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/20/23 4:27 p.m.

that would be hot if the wheels were not backwards and driving me insane

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/20/23 4:49 p.m.

I, too, saw it make the rounds on social media recently, specifically a body swap/frame swap FB group. Some of it was armchair engineering, but most of what I saw was admiration of its badassery. It was a nice surprise to see pop up!

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
3/20/23 4:52 p.m.
Patrick said:

that would be hot if the wheels were not backwards and driving me insane

My first thought

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
3/20/23 5:00 p.m.
Indy - Guy said:

In reply to Mndsm :

NickD posted this over in the Hot Link thread.  Must be the one you're referring to:

That's the one!

1 ... 22 23 24

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZR5D0hV44ubRqWlmV6sgmcw42RQ3Dg79JqzvNSE9MGD8lhDwr4NOO8x47vM43S5K