1 2 3
Conquest351
Conquest351 UltraDork
2/14/14 9:20 a.m.
onehundredoctane wrote: In reply to Conquest351: Which one?

Both? More importantly the V8 one.

onehundredoctane
onehundredoctane New Reader
2/14/14 10:57 a.m.

Neither car is going anywhere.

I've got too much time and money in the turbo car has been in project form since 2006, it's a love / hate relationship.

onehundredoctane
3/11/14 2:13 p.m.

So I've been working on my S13 turbo car more lately since I haven't had time to work on the S14. The S14 is actually being worked on at my buddy's shop that's an hour and a half from me, so I have to take occasional weekend to travel down and work on the S14, expect more updates on that car soon.

Meanwhile my S13 which made 435 whp and 322 wtq on 20 psi, had undergone a few changes. For one I took off the "Greddy" intake manifold as it was killing my low and mid range power. BOY am I glad I ditched that intake and put the stock intake back on, the stock intake has made this engine so much more responsive, at just 11 psi on a recent test drive it broke traction at 3k rpm without even trying. A quick video of the car idling: S13 SR20DET cold idle video

The only thing I have to report on the S14 currently, I installed a new coolant crossover pipe that deletes the throttle body coolant hose. You can also see from this picture that I need to purchase and install a throttle position sensor as well as an idle air control valve.

I also installed the stock LS1 throttle cable bracket, it works great with the S14 throttle cable just by simply flipping the LS1 bracket upside down!

Hopefully I'll be resuming progress this weekend on the V8 car :)

onehundredoctane
10/31/14 9:54 a.m.

Believe it or not, I've been busy. . . my wife and I just had our first child so we've been busy with this new guy!

On ward to progress! After having the engine and transmission installed I realized I hadn't installed the clutch line, well crap! So I dropped the trans to install the clutch line, yay.

Look closely in the above pic and you'll see the reason I'm going to end up having to drop the trans again. . . I forgot to install the crush washer on the upper fitting and now have nice puddle under the car :(

I also managed to install the cold air pipe after drilling a hole for the intake air temp sensor.

Here I have the Wiring Specialties harness installed, best money I've ever spent! It was all plug and play, direct to GM engine sensors and of course the Nissan chassis. Spark plug wires and plugs installed here, you'll notice the power steering pump installed also, not sure if I've mentioned it, but I'm using a V6 Camaro power steering pump. It bolts right up to the standard LS1 style power steering pump bracket. I'm in the process of figuring out what fittings and hose to use. So far it looks to be the cheapest alternative to actually buying an LS1 style pump with range from $150 for a stock ps pump or $250 for one that has been modified to be lower pressure so it will not blow out the Nissan's ps rack.

onehundredoctane
10/31/14 10:09 a.m.

Got it fired up on the lift, very exciting! Youtube_5.3 start up vid.

Now how is this for proof that it runs and drives? Those black marks were 2nd gear, hehehe

I love this car! The car has always handled well and with the Wilwood up front braking is awesome, but putting the V8 in really gave it some all around balance to complete the package!

Look for more updates as I get it closer to being back on the road, there are some creature comforts that need to be addressed mainly. Power steering is nice, working heat and defrost is nice to have also. My electric fans aren't turning on so I'll need to address that first.

onehundredoctane
11/21/14 11:58 a.m.

Found this nifty part for newer Camaros, it a heater hose relocation kit, ordered one to test out on my car to see if it's worth messing with. It would look tons better than 100 miles of black heater hose laying around. . .

onehundredoctane
11/23/14 8:05 p.m.

I've been working on the V6 power steering pump set up slowly. I found this handy fitting that replaces the stock outlet for the high pressure side and converts it to AN-6 and also restricts the power steering pressure down so that it won't blow out the Nissan steering rack. The part on the left is the stock part form the ps pump, the right is the new part.

Side by side:

Installed on the car, I used Earls PFTE line with Speed Swivel ends and XRP insulation over the line.

Moved on to the heater hoses,

Initial thoughts. . . PRETTY DAMN CLOSE! These are actually designed for 2010 Camaros to get the original heater hoses off the top of the engine and re-route them down by the strut tower, this helps with guys going to top mount superchargers.

Mocking up for now, def going to bolt right up on the water pump side.

Checking out the firewall side, I may have to bend one of the pipes slightly to get a better angle. The upper pipe is just gonna use the 90 degree hose that came with the kit, the lower will take a little trial and error, but DAMN that's close! Very happy so far!

onehundredoctane
12/22/14 5:07 p.m.

A little stroll around the neighborhood, I have a cooling issue so I can't drive it around for more than a few minutes before it's getting above operating temp. After that is fixed and I get the power steering completed it will be back on the road! S14 TEST DRIVE VIDEO!

onehundredoctane
1/25/15 6:40 p.m.

Car is off to the dyno, there are a few other cars ahead of me already what with cam installs/ tunes, etc. I should have it back soon!

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6Uu1P1USKFbAS0vzKBE6qICZXIYN1oLDZ5Mi2FHdpsUeN5ITUCjuIFPdxNLpF5mS