1 2
Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UltimaDork
7/15/15 9:36 a.m.

Update?

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/15/15 10:23 a.m.
Vigo wrote: That does look very good. So why exactly do you think that this thing doesn't add fuel in boost? Did you see it was running lean on the wideband that you should have? If it's a MAF car it probably doesn't just stop adding fuel at a magical airflow number. If it's a MAP sensor car you can tell whether it can measure boost by turning the key on and seeing whether the signal line is close to 5v. If it's in the 2-3v range it will measure boost. If they didnt add ANY fuel they would have blown up before they made it back from Vitesse to the dealerships.

Even if the MAF was reading the correct airflow, the ECU would have been aiming for stoich. That's a bit lean for boosties although it would survive for a while.

I wouldn't use an FMU, though, even with an uprated fuel pump. Use electronics such as the Voodoo Box from FM to increase the injector duty cycle under positive pressure, it's a much cleaner way to do things. Make sure you spoof the O2 signal as well so the stock ECU doesn't see the rich condition and try to compensate.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
7/16/15 6:48 p.m.

Excuse my lack of tech savy, the engine is being refreshed completely and the builder is sorting the fuel requirements to suit the engine with boost. I will endeavour to find out more details on how.

etmracing
etmracing New Reader
7/20/15 12:14 p.m.

This is awesome glad see it being saved.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XjQdh8lUTNHGYN22xop5kmgVjU6la07D00K5ZWIayEBsNOlRXtQm76AnObzaqe4Z