MA$$hole
MA$$hole HalfDork
1/17/13 8:01 a.m.

So I have picked up the Starion's replacement without even selling it yet, typical GRM fashion. In one of my Craigslist searches last week for "5 speed" I came across a 1999 BMW 323is Coupe, black on black, manual, 187k miles that looked exceptionally clean for a New England car with an asking price of $2,300. This past Saturday Greg (pseudosport) & I drove an hour or so to go look at it. The car was in a storage/detail/styling shop called Toy Motorsports as the owner had moved to the city & was keeping the car there. The pictures did not lie, this had to be one of the cleanest examples either of us had seen in years. The interior alone is what sold me. Everything checked out good & I contacted the seller letting him know I wanted to buy the car. The next day he emailed me & two other interested buyers for us to give our best offers. I told him I was willing to give him cash for his asking price & since we worked about a mile from each other that we could do the deal after work. Followed up again the next morning, a little persistence never hurt, & got a call back that afternoon & the title was in my hand the evening. We picked up the car last night & it now has a new home in my driveway.

I haven't yet determined the path for this car. I could keep autocrossing the 2 and make this a cruiser or I could do some autocrossing with it as well. First things on the list are a small dent under the headlamp to fix as well as replacing the front bumper cover which has some minor damage. Headlamps will be upgraded as well since my night vision sucks. There is some very minor surface rust starting to show on the rear flares that will be stopped as well. Perform some maintenance and refresh some of the older bits and see what happens.

I'll post pics on the weekend.

MA$$hole
MA$$hole HalfDork
1/21/13 9:24 a.m.

Quick pictures as promised. Had beautiful weather this weekend and spent a lot of time driving the car. Right rear shock is done for so shocks all around will be done as well as some bushing replacements as soon as the warm weather is back.

Really clean interior, poor pictures though.

Damage to be fixed, looks like I may be able to replace this whole piece. PO gave it too much gas on a hill pulling out of a spot & hit a Prius.

Hood has a lot of dings & dents, one small piece of surface rust.

Needs some buffing down the passenger side.

The_Jed
The_Jed Dork
1/21/13 9:50 a.m.
MA$$hole wrote: Damage to be fixed, looks like I may be able to replace this whole piece. PO gave it too much gas on a hill pulling out of a spot & hit a Prius.

I'll bet the Prius was totaled!

dculberson
dculberson SuperDork
1/21/13 9:57 a.m.

That thing is clean, you got a great deal!

MA$$hole
MA$$hole HalfDork
6/30/13 7:17 p.m.

So my lack of time these days I had the urge to sell this already and have a buyer already lined up. Yeah, not even 6 months, seems like the average lifespan for a BMW in my hands. There will be no replacement for this and I will focus on paying the 2 off/down and at some point down the road I'll find the time for a new toy.

nhmercracer
nhmercracer New Reader
7/7/13 2:09 p.m.

Wish I was closer.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PJCi2nts8vuFdMQPgeKqZa5fIv7y42oS2k2vFdAmTYaWJ2IX2L7pXAz3enVE5Loi