1 ... 8 9 10
Mrfurzzy
Mrfurzzy New Reader
11/24/22 9:36 a.m.

In reply to Lil_Stampie :

What about a honda J32? It may be difficult to find something that hasn't been done before in a miata. A toyota 1UZ would also be a cool engine. Gingium on youtube has one in a mazda truck and it seems to be fairly reliable and makes good power.

Lil_Stampie
Lil_Stampie GRM+ Memberand New Reader
11/25/22 12:37 a.m.

In reply to Mrfurzzy : 

that would be cool, they already push around 300 stock so that would be enough for a fun time in a miata. they fit the engine bay pretty well also, would have to see what trans i would need i dont think a stock trans or diff would hold up to that

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/25/22 1:08 a.m.

Honestly get a good 1.6 or 1.8 and enjoy it as a stockish Miata for a while.  Then if you want to do a unique swap, you can take your time, get a spare front x member, mock it all up etc.  

Lil_Stampie
11/25/22 1:27 a.m.

In reply to AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) :

thats the plan, i need to stop getting ahead of myself lol i havnt even gotten the block out

Lil_Stampie
11/25/22 2:57 a.m.

there are 1uz to w58 adapters for a reasonable price. engine shouldnt be had to junkyard

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP HalfDork
11/25/22 11:15 a.m.

I think a local drifter had a 1uz in his Miata. Had 8 little flapper capped exhausts and no hood. Was cool to see, sounded glorious. Wasn't street legal tho so probably couldn't be replicated easily. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/25/22 11:39 a.m.
Lil_Stampie said:

there are 1uz to w58 adapters for a reasonable price. engine shouldnt be had to junkyard

I know someone that can sell you a w58.  They might even give you the friends and family discount of 2% off.

Lil_Stampie
11/25/22 9:47 p.m.

ive watched about 5 hours of a 1uz swap into a miata, if im gonna do a 1uz i'll probably just get another miata. you have to cut the unibody and hood to get it to fit, would also need a different rear diff but i really do like the idea of a street legal 1uz miata. theres about 5 cars in the junkyards so it should be easy to go out and grab one

Mrfurzzy
Mrfurzzy New Reader
11/25/22 10:08 p.m.

It's always a good feeling when a single post sends you spiraling down a rabbit hole

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/28/22 11:03 a.m.

I like the idea of a 1UZ Miata. I've looked into it a bit. Overall I am considering/planning a V8 Miata in the somewhat near future. It does seem that the question is always what transmission to use. 

I'm mostly between LS swap or 302 swap, though the 1UZ is sweet. I also was thinking about a Ford 460... Just because a 7.5L Miata would be nuts. 

Lil_Stampie
11/29/22 2:54 a.m.

i starting to like the idea of a 1uz a60 supra...

already has a w58, can handle the horsepower. 

all with the iconic 80s japanese look

Lil_Stampie
12/3/22 3:56 p.m.

i had alot of help today, got about 3 months of work done in 3 hours, we got the exhaust, intake, alternator and power steering off. sorry for the short explanation im tired here are the pics

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/3/22 5:25 p.m.

Why is your Miata stuff in in my K30?  Ok I admit that lowest trim panel is my Miata stuff in my K30 but notice both are "my".

1 ... 8 9 10
Our Preferred Partners
VC5r3RMjw6YNqGnjcbgDYGno5RgBHwZVIC9nv7h1jMT4ArW0En5xShg6ZhPhpovt