1 2 3 4
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/9/20 7:31 a.m.

So when you're fixing an exhaust system that leaks at a flange, pro tip: check other nearby flanges for leaks. You might see something like this:

yeah, I fixed the leak at the rear of the cat and replaced the muffler, but didn't even notice that leak at the front of the cat. Jumped in super excited and started the engine, and it was just as loud as before. :-( 

so tonight after work I'll start on that. Shouldn't be too bad, will just need a straight section with 2.5" ID on one end and 2.5" OD on the other, plus 1 clamp because I don't have 360-degree access in front of the cat.

11/14/20 12:02 p.m.

Aaaaaaaaand, it's quiet!

she got fresh oil and filter since she was already up on the ramps:

and it's probably an illusion, or perhaps I'm going harder on the throttle since it's quieter, but it feels quicker too.  Odometer shot for my records:

11/21/20 7:28 p.m.

LOL BMW wanna-be. I haven't pulled code yet but it's not flashing so I'm not too worried.

After nearly a year of false ABS activations at end of stop, I broke down and bought a new front wheel bearing and sensor assembly. I have a coworker who wants to buy the Sonoma for his son's first car, and he insists that the kid invest some sweat equity and learn some mechanical things. Today they came over and the kid swapped the bearing. I just handed him tools and gave a few words of advice.

Something happened that I've never seen before: we cranked the wheel back-and-forth several times without the engine running during the course of the repair. The final time we did it, it puked power steering fluid out the filler neck. WTF?

A quick test drive says it's fixed. So I asked if the kid wanted to learn manual today, and of course he said yes. They took it around the block a few times and both were grinning ear to ear upon their return.

I also had a breakfast with no hog.

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/8/21 1:39 p.m.

Same, same.  Got my grub on but didn't pig out 

7/21/21 2:12 p.m.

And just like that, the Sonoma has gone to her new home. Sold for what I paid, so in 2 years of ownership she cost me a front end rebuild, a starter, an HVAC fan, a muffler, and a front wheel bearing. Typical stuff for a 200k-mile vehicle of pretty much any brand.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
aDPrX17k4qejJMWsRf75B4IDOfLSAzJpt0hzkVQBIJdbb7g7bTCB9SyBBycKiTxx