1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9
The
The HalfDork
9/17/14 6:01 a.m.

like I say every time I work on this car, " I will know how to do it next time" yesterday I got the old CPV out of the block, and got the new e36 exhaust manifold studs in, cleaned out each hole with WD and Qtips and they were still a bitch to screw in.....when that new CPV gets here, screw it and tackle those headers.........

The
The HalfDork
9/18/14 1:41 p.m.

finally got a interior color combo I like, base coat rustoleum "bright galvanizing compound" top coat rustoleum "stone textured finish" may look like E36 M3 in this sample pic but I think it will be ballin after the cage is in, yes I tried the silver hammered I could not get it even to me and this textured finish helps hide body putty and flaws. got the front header bank on, still waiting for the CPV before I can install the rear, hope I got the bungs right

The
The HalfDork
9/19/14 3:41 p.m.

got the first color on will add the stone texture this weekend. got the wedge seat brackets with sliders Note to self: $150.00 ebay headers suck. got the quickjack

The
The HalfDork
9/21/14 4:36 p.m.

interior is ready to go to cage shop, I may throw some clear on it first. dash, looks crooked

Cuda
Cuda Reader
9/21/14 8:44 p.m.

That is going to be one classy race car. Looks really good.

The
The HalfDork
9/21/14 9:17 p.m.
That is going to be one classy race car. Looks really good.

thanks man........still a long way to go.

Harvey
Harvey GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/23/14 10:51 a.m.

I want one of those quick jacks or something similar.

The
The HalfDork
9/23/14 12:43 p.m.

Well, I will say this about quickjack I paid my $1050.00 almost 3 months ago and this is what I received last week, broken and missing parts, no instructions.....

Cuda
Cuda Reader
9/23/14 2:23 p.m.

OMG, that is crazy. what did their customer support say about that? Also, does that thing have safety locks on it?

The
The HalfDork
9/23/14 8:12 p.m.

they say they will send me another power unit and the missing pieces, they have not said when, yes it does have 2 locking bars when it is raised to its highest position, I don't blame them for the damage it was packed well, the missing parts and instructions is just stupid, these things are selling like hotcakes so they should at least make sure you get all the parts and instructions to make it functional... it will be cool once I get it working, no more Big Lots, jacks and jack stands..SWMBO is a little less afraid of coming home and finding me crushed under the car.....

The
The HalfDork
9/30/14 11:33 a.m.

changing power steering fluid, hopefully the oil cooler parts will come this week and I can get it rolling to the cage shop....

The
The HalfDork
10/6/14 12:07 p.m.

a little cleaning before the cage.....

The
The HalfDork
10/11/14 1:12 p.m.

got the quickjack working Beluga race exhaust

The
The HalfDork
10/20/14 3:13 p.m.

off to the cage shop

Harvey
Harvey GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/20/14 3:42 p.m.

What's that quick jack giving you? A foot of clearance? 18 inches? Looks good.

The
The HalfDork
10/21/14 6:57 a.m.
What's that quick jack giving you? A foot of clearance? 18 inches? Looks good.

about 18", kind of got the bugs worked out of it seems to be working, except for the leaks........ http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/ranger-quickjack-or-as-i-like-to-call-it-quickjoke/91630/page1/

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/21/14 10:48 a.m.

Is the cage shop going to get the frame checked for straightness before welding in the cage? Even factory-fresh are often out of spec to a degree that they could benefit from a frame straightening.

The
The HalfDork
10/21/14 11:54 a.m.
Is the cage shop going to get the frame checked for straightness before welding in the cage? Even factory-fresh are often out of spec to a degree that they could benefit from a frame straightening.

I have never heard of that, I will check into that.

The
The HalfDork
11/3/14 4:14 p.m.

we are back in business, I got it back from the cage and exhaust shop today

Cuda
Cuda Reader
11/3/14 4:22 p.m.

Man that looks awesome. And I love that your race car still has the "don't put a child seat in the front seat" sticker on it.

The
The HalfDork
11/6/14 4:50 p.m.

roll cage paint

Mr_Clutch42
Mr_Clutch42 Dork
11/6/14 5:06 p.m.

Is it difficult covering all of the cage with paint?

Cool_Hand_Luke
Cool_Hand_Luke Reader
11/6/14 5:54 p.m.

Such an awesome build thread. Any plans for messing with the drive train? A build of this beauty deserves some howling straight cut gears of course

The
The HalfDork
11/7/14 7:43 a.m.
Is it difficult covering all of the cage with paint?

Impossible

Any plans for messing with the drive train?

not at this point, I have only driven the car about 2 miles before I started the build so we will have to see what it will do when it is running again, thanks for the words I was beginning to think I had lost all my readers

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UberDork
11/7/14 7:54 a.m.

I've been following silently and am using the good job you're doing as inspiration for my RX7.

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
b4LU01wyULKB4X7qgVavEtl5VwxYilizBNsF3nnm2VjBeoRHi8MPsBIAhRTQANCe