1 ... 6 7 8
Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/12/17 9:44 p.m.
pimpm3 wrote: I am just frustrated, my 1994 se-r with 270k miles never let me down once in nine years. So far the corvette is 0 for 2. I am out $500 for the school and track day, not to mention the hotel and gas. I guess I took the reliability of the Sentra for granted.

I understand your frustration. You did a really nice job on this car, but you might have rushed it from CoPart to the track without a proper shakedown period.

Take a breather and regroup.

docwyte
docwyte Dork
2/13/17 8:53 a.m.

I agree with Woody. You took a salvaged car, built it up and basically haven't done any shakedown with it.

You have more failures coming your way, this is part of the process. Just expect it and try to roll with the punches. It's not a whole lot of fun while you're in the middle of it, but you'll come through the other side...

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
2/13/17 9:17 a.m.

You guys are right, thanks for all the support.

I am working on clearing up some projects so I can get back to the vette. I probably should not have rushed to get it on track so quickly.

Sky_Render
Sky_Render SuperDork
2/13/17 9:21 a.m.

Replace that vent with something like this:

http://shop.bobsautosports.com/Mustang-2005-14-axle-reservoir-KR-style-axle-reservoir.htm

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
2/13/17 9:54 a.m.

First, congrats on the PCA Instructor Cert.

Second, I'm with the others that you are still getting the car sorted. Stick with it.

I wouldn't want to say, "I told you so" but...from page 5 (Jan10th)...

JohnRW1621 wrote: Track day this weekend sure seems like a heck of a shake down on a used car that you've likely put less than 100 miles on. Good luck and the Corvette looks great.
JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
2/13/17 9:57 a.m.

Here's a bright side:
You're an Internet Sensation!

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/13/17 10:06 a.m.
JohnRW1621 wrote: First, congrats on the PCA Instructor Cert. Second, I'm with the others that you are still getting the car sorted. Stick with it. I wouldn't want to say, "I told you so" but...from page 5 (Jan10th)...
JohnRW1621 wrote: Track day this weekend sure seems like a heck of a shake down on a used car that you've likely put less than 100 miles on. Good luck and the Corvette looks great.

Translation:

"I'm your friend so I'm going to say 'I told you so' by saying 'I'm not going to say I told you so' but I totally told you so and here's my previous quote to prove it"

Keep after it, you're going to come out the other side with a well sorted fast track car, and you're the one doing the sorting so you don't have to keep questioning PO's skills.

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
2/13/17 10:26 a.m.

Thanks guys I will keep at it. I am dropping my original diff at my buddy's to see what it will take to fix it.

Just got off the phone with the salvage yard and they are willing to do a full refund.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/13/17 10:35 a.m.

Sorry to hear about that. On the bright side, you've got a killer track car for seriously skinny money. Looking at the pictures you posted, your set up is by FAR the cheapest (excepting the Miata - perhaps). You're still way ahead!

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
2/13/17 3:14 p.m.

Dang, Jeremy, that's a killer project. Thanks for sharing it. If you still have it this fall, you should bring it to the Challenge--you know, to show it off and stuff.

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
2/13/17 6:34 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens:

I already have to figure out how to get the pick up and the parking lot build there. Thinking flat tow the parking lot car with the S10...

Maybe I can bring it to the Mitty instead and try my hand at the skid pad

1 ... 6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ywNGdSvDbGtWb84ZqVlwdRrdkear7EsPmcNA3yWZ0QK9M9dVNFnpA3yXzQrqhJDx