1 ... 8 9 10
SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
1/14/15 5:31 a.m.

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/23/15 6:52 p.m.

I am glad to see this back in effect. Great build/ story.

ssswitch
ssswitch Reader
1/29/15 12:01 p.m.

It probably wouldn't have required much more work to just lift the N600 and hang it on the wall.

So glad to see the project is going again. That tape-mural is a cool idea, too.

Nashco
Nashco UberDork
8/7/16 4:14 a.m.

This is a really crummy picture, but is significant because this was taken probably the last time I'll see the N600 for quite a while since I took an overseas work assignment. I recently put some new 175/50R13 tires onto some freshly painted VX wheels. These wheels had been spray painted flat black and hadn't seen a particularly nice life, but after more money than expected I've got them blasted and custom painted. The paint color was picked to match the 60's Honda F1 Colors, which was the inspiration for the colors on this car all along, as this car was designed the same time as the early Honda F1 days.

Bryce

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
8/17/16 7:35 a.m.

Bryce, I was just thinking about you and your challenge entries. I hope that wherever youre headed, they have some sweet homologation specials that are over the 25 year limit - RHD Twin Turbo challenge entry material!

Picarosso
Picarosso
1/27/17 9:31 a.m.

I have been reading through your entire thread and I am just amazed.. I just inherited a '71 N600 and a '72 Z600. I was just wondering if you would be able to help me with my build, im going to basically do the same thing you did just not to worried about losing that much weight in the car. did you ever get the d17 transmission to work?

Nashco
Nashco UberDork
3/31/24 11:36 p.m.

Howdy GRM crew, long time no talk!

I’ve had my fun with this hot rod, but I’m moving overseas (again) and can’t take it with me. Hard as it is, I've decided to let this one out into the wild. I hope I can find a Honda lover who likes this machine as much as me!

Eagle eyed viewers will notice that this isn't a time capsule and I've evolved things since the last updates.  I figured out how to get the toe issues fixed and made it WAY faster before it gets scary.devil Safer? I'll let you be the judge, but the point is that it's a lot more stable than it was in $2011. The front fuel cell also made me a lot less nervous cruising in traffic, plus put a bit more weight up front. The slick Skunk2 half-size radiator for an EF was literally a bolt in, so an easy example of the fun of hot rodding with a super common donor chassis. I never did iron out the kinks with the clutch cable, honestly speaking...by the time the cable got sloppy from a hot engine bay, I'm usually also ready for a break. This is a machine best enjoyed in short bursts, not a GT car in any stretch of the imagination.wink

Find all the details about this no reserve auction on bringatrailer at:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1972-honda-600-3/

Bryce

captainawesome
captainawesome Dork
4/1/24 9:12 a.m.

This car is how I found GRM and it's as rad as I remember.

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
4/1/24 9:20 a.m.

The want is great for me on this one. I suspect it will outstretch my budget on BaT. 

Good luck with the sale!

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/1/24 9:41 a.m.

Speaking of SV reX, your Yugo looks giant behing the N600! :D

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
4/1/24 9:48 a.m.

In reply to dyintorace :

That's not my Yugo. It's my GTI. 

But you're right!

chandler