1 2 3 4 ... 11
TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte SuperDork
4/25/14 1:32 p.m.

I'm wondering now how many kidneys i have and if i should be hoarding them, or trading for something more funner.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UberDork
4/25/14 1:45 p.m.

I took a few hours off from working on the garage and had lunch with my wife. She's getting excited about the car. As much as she's a truly down to earth gal, she likes cool cars. Her grandma drove a 1968 Camaro. Her mom bought and still drives a 35th anniversary Camaro. When I met her she was driving a manual transmission Ford Explorer and loved the fact that most of the girls (and about half of the guys) she knew couldn't drive it.
You may be jealous of me, but when the kids and I head north for the summer, she gets to open the new garage every morning and decide if she wants to drive the CTS-V or the 911.
She was reminding me about my reaction when the V wagon first came out. We had two kids in car seats, a third on the way, and plans for the fourth. GM was releasing the best dad car EVER and I had too many kids for it.
It's funny how the world changes.
Then she told me that since I'm autocrossing on Sunday she's totally taking the wagon to IKEA.

CGLockRacer
CGLockRacer GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/25/14 1:47 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce:

Does she have a cute, single sister with similar tastes that lives anywhere near MI?

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UberDork
4/25/14 1:57 p.m.
CGLockRacer wrote: In reply to mazdeuce: Does she have a cute, single sister with similar tastes that lives anywhere near MI?

Duuuuuuuuude, we're from Michigan. Went to Michigan Tech to get our engineering degrees. I'm pretty sure that counts as you having your chance. Sorry.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson PowerDork
4/25/14 2:33 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote: I took a few hours off from working on the garage and had lunch with my wife. She's getting excited about the car. As much as she's a truly down to earth gal, she likes cool cars. Her grandma drove a 1968 Camaro. Her mom bought and still drives a 35th anniversary Camaro. When I met her she was driving a manual transmission Ford Explorer and loved the fact that most of the girls (and about half of the guys) she knew couldn't drive it. You may be jealous of me, but when the kids and I head north for the summer, she gets to open the new garage every morning and decide if she wants to drive the CTS Feeking V WAGON or the 911. She was reminding me about my reaction when the V wagon first came out. We had two kids in car seats, a third on the way, and plans for the fourth. GM was releasing the best dad car EVER and I had too many kids for it. It's funny how the world changes. Then she told me that since I'm autocrossing on Sunday she's totally taking the wagon to IKEA.

Woooow, slow down there buddy. What do you mean you're coming to Michigan and NOT BRING THE CTS-V. BAng goes free dinner at the 1st annual SE Mi Meet and greet in honor of MazDuce. Can there be a better road trip car for you and the kiddies than a V8 wagon monster!

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/25/14 2:42 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce:

I want to like you.. I really do.

I just can't.

I hate you.

911, CTS-V, huge garage.

Rob R.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UberDork
4/25/14 2:57 p.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson:

And here you touch on the one downside of the wagon. It seats five. Normally, day to day, not a problem. My wife is off working on whatever it is she works on to bring home the bacon and I'm just driving the four kids around. As Texas enters this shockingly uncomfortable season called "summer" the kids and I will flee to the far northern shore of Lake Michigan. If I take the wagon I have to explain to Mrs. Deuce that she can't come visit because we don't have enough seats to pick her up from the airport. She would like that even less than being referred to as Mrs. Deuce.
That's how she stole the 911 by the way. Before last summer she didn't drive it much, but she promised to drive it at least twice a week to keep it exercised. By the time we got back, it wasn't my car any more.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/25/14 3:10 p.m.

Aren't kids allowed to roll around (like logs) in the back of a wagon anymore?

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe Dork
4/25/14 3:31 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote: In reply to Adrian_Thompson: And here you touch on the one downside of the wagon. It seats five. Normally, day to day, not a problem. My wife is off working on whatever it is she works on to bring home the bacon and I'm just driving the four kids around. As Texas enters this shockingly uncomfortable season called "summer" the kids and I will flee to the far northern shore of Lake Michigan. If I take the wagon I have to explain to Mrs. Deuce that she can't come visit because we don't have enough seats to pick her up from the airport. She would like that even less than being referred to as Mrs. Deuce. That's how she stole the 911 by the way. Before last summer she didn't drive it much, but she promised to drive it at least twice a week to keep it exercised. By the time we got back, it wasn't my car any more.

Now I know who my wife is taking car possession lessons from

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/25/14 9:48 p.m.
xflowgolf wrote:
mazdeuce wrote: It fit, but barely.
But it fit

that's what she said!

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/25/14 9:57 p.m.

Oh man, thats an awesome car. If I had a shorter commute i'd love to pick one of these up.

I was lucky enough to do a track day with last year in a manual wagon. Amazing car, the power is insane and never ending. It felt smaller and lighter than it really is, its an incredible car.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UberDork
4/26/14 8:38 a.m.

I suck at flying. I thought I had joined the modern age and could use the electronic boarding pass but somehow I had the wrong one and American Airlines wanted me to log into my account to get the electronic one but I don't have an American Airlines account only a ticket so berkeley it I just printed out the paper one like the senior citizen that I am.
Dammit.
With that out of the way, I'm figuring out how to post pictures from my tablet. If you see this sticker/magnet on the back of a CTS-V wagon between Houston and Dallas today, it's probably me.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce PowerDork
4/26/14 8:51 a.m.

This dude had a great run going until he missed the last gate. So much concrete wasted on airplanes.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UberDork
4/26/14 2:19 p.m.

30 miles in. I'm being gentle. Holy crap.

Richard Nixon
Richard Nixon SuperDork
4/26/14 2:31 p.m.

Congratulations!

Bobzilla
Bobzilla PowerDork
4/26/14 2:35 p.m.

Gentle? That's not how you break a car in.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/26/14 3:59 p.m.

How is the driver seat?

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/26/14 4:40 p.m.

Really, that's the only picture?! Weak sauce. Where's the burn out?

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose Dork
4/26/14 4:48 p.m.

Until we get some proper pictures I'm running on the assumption that you slapped a GRM sticker on some random shmucks CTS-V and snapped it.

Which is sort of alright, though rude.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UberDork
4/26/14 4:51 p.m.
OHSCrifle wrote: How is the driver seat?

Like most seats with a billion adjustments, it's easier to make them uncomfortable than comfortable. It took me about an hour to get it worked out but they feel great now. The big thing is the bolstering. They hug me. Almost home.

Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog Dork
4/26/14 4:53 p.m.

Jealous.

Dibs when you get tired of it.

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
4/26/14 6:35 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote: So much concrete wasted on airplanes.

Jealous. Our region has been trying to get the semi-decommisioned Willow Grove Air Station to let us run events there... but so far, nothing but slammed doors. We need a new/bigger space so bad.

Looking forward to the full drive report.

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
4/26/14 6:43 p.m.
wearymicrobe wrote: Now I know who my wife is taking car possession lessons from

I'm guessing your wife doesn't like being referred to as "Mrs. microbe"?

This reminds me of the GRM-forum "slow season" when duece heads north and doesn't have any fun stories to post about. You should build a garage at the Summer home.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/26/14 6:51 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote: 30 miles in. I'm being gentle. Holy crap.

Congrats! But a bumper sticker on the paint???

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UberDork
4/26/14 6:54 p.m.

In reply to dyintorace:

Yay magnetic sheet!

1 2 3 4 ... 11

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7hiu84OLyug6vZmYQL56lkhs20rDf9NjdoGSLjZFjBzhquJKRj0ETStL5azFMANP