1 2
dkarthik
dkarthik New Reader
6/10/15 8:17 a.m.
Bearded.Bird wrote: You could always use a compound setup so you could still get to use that big turbo

Ideally I'd like to go super-Turbo, but that's not happening on this year's budget.

dkarthik
dkarthik New Reader
6/10/15 8:20 a.m.
Xceler8x wrote: This party just got started. I like the unorthodox thinking going on here.

Thank you! hopefully we get everything to work somewhat as envisioned at least

Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/10/15 9:51 a.m.
dkarthik wrote:
Xceler8x wrote: This party just got started. I like the unorthodox thinking going on here.

How about more unorthodox thinking?

What about using anti-lag in Megasquirt 3 to try to keep the turbo spooled due to it's large size?

Here's a video of antilag testing with an E28.

Anti lag on an E28.

I have to admit I have no experience with anti-lag systems but it sounds tough on parts. If you're really building for straight speed and not longevity it might not matter. Also, the breakage should be localized to the exhaust and turbo if it were to occur. Maybe pack a second exhaust system without the turbo as a Plan B?

dkarthik
dkarthik New Reader
6/10/15 10:00 a.m.
Xceler8x wrote:
dkarthik wrote:
How about more unorthodox thinking? What about using anti-lag in Megasquirt 3 to try to keep the turbo spooled due to it's large size? Here's a video of antilag testing with an E28. Anti lag on an E28. I have to admit I have no experience with anti-lag systems but it sounds tough on parts. If you're really building for straight speed and not longevity it might not matter. Also, the breakage should be localized to the exhaust and turbo if it were to occur. Maybe pack a second exhaust system without the turbo as a Plan B?

Believe it or not I was actually thinking about doing an anti lag at least for the drag launch, theoretically it's really simple, just cut the spark every alternate cycle when you want the anti lag active. Don't think we need an MS3 for that, but I could be mistaken... might just need a daughterboard on the MS2 we have now. we're planning on running a straight pipe out of the turbo anyway (backpressure is always the enemy of boosted engines), so breaking it isn't too much of a concern, just an extra length of pipe to carry . What I am concerned about breaking is the slushbox when we're torque loading it for the launch.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZndXNedjWrzEgo6qCGDaemjfE3VFEDjc6GVGNpVlGmB6MRWL2CyRtAtkjbBkRFEQ