1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17
classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) Dork
10/13/21 3:44 p.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

Angry had suggested the same thing. I think it's possible, the notching angles just get hairier, and I imagined this would be equally effective, aside from cutting down a cramped cabin.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/13/21 4:16 p.m.
classicJackets (FS) said:

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

Angry had suggested the same thing.

Finally he gets my name right!

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
10/13/21 4:29 p.m.

That harness bar location is berkeleying SCARY. its right in your back, only seperated by thin foam. For correct harness angles,  taht puts it at the base of your neck. Back it into a wall at the big end, the foam compresses, and you're berkeleyed. 

Move it behind. Or just run lap belts if legal.

Edit: The edit picture position, where the seat is in front of the bar is better, but still too close for my comfort. Angles just dont seem right. 

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) Dork
10/13/21 7:01 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

My aim was to get the top of the bar at the top of the resting height of my shoulders, and it's about there. I'm whipping up rad brackets now then will start on a bar for the legs. Seems like no downsides other than a little more time and wasted material, which both beat a broken body.

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) Dork
10/13/21 8:25 p.m.

Bringing the bar to the back bars lifted iit up about an inch or a little less and gives nice clearance fore/aft.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
10/13/21 8:44 p.m.

Me gusta

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) Dork
10/13/21 9:30 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Bad news is it's now above my shoulders, so I think I'll remake it a little bit longer and drop it back down the bars. The good news is the angle seems to work, so all I need to do is recut the bars

RichardSIA
RichardSIA Dork
10/14/21 11:19 a.m.

Are we missing some post?
In the Rant thread you are loading up the trailer.
I'm not seeing the car complete and test driven.
I have a mental picture of wrenching continuing aboard the trailer while heading South!
Hope its an enclosed trailer. wink

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/14/21 12:23 p.m.

In reply to RichardSIA :

berkeley Joe's team is known for not finishing their car until the last minute then getting others to drive the tow vehicle to the Challenge. They're also known to break a lot so there's that.

10/14/21 1:25 p.m.
RichardSIA said:

Are we missing some post?

No, but it sounds like you've missed some Challenge tradition. laugh

RichardSIA
RichardSIA Dork
10/14/21 6:23 p.m.

Yea, I would not be heading off to any competitive event without at least SOME shake-down driving.
Event pits are not the place to complete a car and expect to pass any sincere tech inspection. Hope all goes well.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/14/21 6:24 p.m.
RichardSIA said:

Event pits are not the place to complete a car and expect to pass any sincere tech inspection. Hope all goes well.

No, that's what the parking lot is for

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) Dork
10/14/21 11:11 p.m.

I'll have some more done before the parking lot, I have some working nights left and some new parts to install!

We made it 400 trouble free miles into Kentucky tonight.

10/15/21 8:51 a.m.

Trailer has so much room for activities!

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) Dork
10/15/21 4:57 p.m.

Made the next leg to Athens Georgia today! Another 400 miles or do. Starting to smell some gas when I come to a stop..

I also managed to run out of gas halfway in the entrance to a Pilot in the southern edge of the mountains and block part of a 2 Lane road, so that was fun..

Hanging out tonight and tomorrow, Sunday going to my parents house and will have a few nights to work before heading to Gainesville Thursday!

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/15/21 5:36 p.m.

Looks like you've got plenty of trailer for the job!

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) Dork
10/15/21 6:30 p.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

Borrowed FIL's trailer. The expedition is comically slow to get up to speed, and I definitely wish the trailer brakes worked, but overall it hauls easy at 70+ the whole time I'm not going Kentucky/Tennessee/North Carolina mountains, when I might drop to 55 or so

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/15/21 7:26 p.m.

Just be careful braking in the rain. And get all your braking done before you start to turn. 

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) Dork
10/17/21 2:43 p.m.

Made it to the home-until-Thursday in Peachtree city, GA!

Tonight I'm going to work to get the front brake stuff replaced so I can drive off the trailer to finish other things Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday night.

Would love help if anyone in Georgia is available, and I can have pizza and craft beers ready for you.

cruisermatt
cruisermatt Reader
10/17/21 2:47 p.m.

Those Expeditions are so awesome. I miss my old one.

preach (fs)
preach (fs) GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/17/21 3:34 p.m.

Yes! Be safe and GO GET SOME FUN!!!

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) Dork
10/17/21 9:45 p.m.

Not much visually, but 4 completely frozen front wheel cylinders are replaced. The passenger side is pretty wrapped up, the driver's side is sitting with extra PB Blaster on the connection from the softline to the body side hardline. I really don't want to have to replace that hardline!

Nee MC will go on tomorrow and we will try to get it all bled.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/17/21 10:54 p.m.

I hadn't realized that the front bolt pattern was four lug. Makes it hard to borrow wheels and tires.  

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) Dork
10/18/21 6:13 a.m.

In reply to Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) :

The fronts are fairly well going to be what they are, sadly, with a 4x101.6 bolt pattern lol. The rears I will still very much appreciate!

10/18/21 6:39 a.m.

Hooray for new wheel cylinders!

1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
G1rigRovWkiQ3iHyQwqevnXpQnKiJiT1AO2ATgQizcreHGZRPMfmtSmCOSEdiPpt