1 2 3 4 5 6 7
BA5
BA5 GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/19/20 9:27 a.m.

Did he really try the "you're all just a bunch of poors" defense a couple posts above?

I think GRM runs a pretty wide range on the socio-economic scale, up to and including "that thread where the guy is playing Legos with Ferrari parts" and the very famous "I built a garage so I can rebuild my AMG Mercedes minivan engine".

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
11/19/20 9:47 a.m.
svxsti said:

I think I'm in the wrong demographic here. I posted another Lambo for sale, twice, not my car. Yes its not a Countach, but Im the only one providing the opportunity to own one and no one has commented on that or attempted to contact the seller.

You have to pay to play and Im sure some of you have spent way more than 45k for your 4 bangers.

Why do we have to buy the other car again? Didn't you start this thread bragging about something you haven't shown?

Look, if you're just jerking our chain, fine. Cool. whatever. Otherwise dpnt start threads talking about the cool thing you own but no one can see. Most of us stopped playing that game in grade school.

dherr (Forum Supporter)
dherr (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/19/20 9:49 a.m.

I believe he did exactly that.... 

That is what I love about the GRM community is the mix of projects. The 2000 Challenge projects of working on building the best performing car for the least amount of cash (which most of us have been doing anyway for all our lives). As well as the crazy stuff like putting a V12 in your lowly V8 Ferrari 308 and many of the other crazy projects we all love to watch and talk about.

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/19/20 9:50 a.m.

In reply to bobzilla :

yahoo car chat room circa 1999 where everyone had a supercar 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
11/19/20 9:52 a.m.
Patrick (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to bobzilla :

ahhhh the good ol' days. I was dating 2 supermodels too IIRC.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/19/20 10:04 a.m.

This one is 1/3 the price and looks like a better kit. Lower the rear a tad and you will fool people. 

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/295963945029922/?ref=search&referral_code=undefined

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/19/20 10:46 a.m.
svxsti said:

I think I'm in the wrong demographic here. I posted another Lambo for sale, twice, not my car. Yes its not a Countach, but Im the only one providing the opportunity to own one and no one has commented on that or attempted to contact the seller.

You have to pay to play and Im sure some of you have spent way more than 45k for your Miatas.

I suspect I have. And it's a hell of a car. Wanna see a picture? Video? A walkaround showing it from every angle? A documentary of it taking on a real week-long race? Go for a ride if you show up at an event, like dozens of people have? Wanna buy parts that were developed on it?

All possible. 

What's the lowest possible bar you could pass to prove you're not talking through your hat? Not an old phone screenshot showing someone else's phone number and someone else's car. A blurry Icy Hot Stuntaz style shot of you in front of your car would work. If you're paying and playing, show your work.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/19/20 11:02 a.m.

So..is he Blade?

Or Da Flame?

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/19/20 12:17 p.m.

This is....  by far...   my favorite thread right now!

The lolzers are approaching epic status.

karplus2
karplus2 GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/19/20 12:55 p.m.

In reply to wvumtnbkr :

Part of why I love GRM forums is the lack of BS but I also love how quickly BS gets called out. It is pretty entertaining.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
11/19/20 12:57 p.m.

Hold on everyone, I have here a top secret picture of the super secret prototype forced induction system Renegade is installing for him, keep it quiet so we don't get sued:

AAZCD (Forum Supporter)
AAZCD (Forum Supporter) Dork
11/19/20 1:05 p.m.

I converted an '99 Boxster in 2015. I changed it back later because I was afraid of the lawsuit.

svxsti
svxsti Reader
11/19/20 1:05 p.m.
bobzilla said:

In reply to bobzilla :

I do date models and drive a Countach, "you can hate me now, because I wont stop now." Of course those arent my lyrics either.

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/19/20 1:09 p.m.

My emblems came in;

dherr (Forum Supporter)
11/19/20 1:12 p.m.

Yeah and I daily drive that McLaren F1 ..... you were called out, just admit it. Your first post was you had bought the Lambo and drove it back from Florida and from there your story has been a bunch of crap. Pictures of other people's cars, sales stories, excuses.  

But for the entertainment value of this post, we have all enjoyed calling you out. Made my Wednesday much more enjoyable yesterday!

svxsti
svxsti Reader
11/19/20 1:15 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:
svxsti said:

You have to pay to play and Im sure some of you have spent way more than 45k for your Miatas.

I suspect I have. And it's a hell of a car. Wanna see a picture? Video? A walkaround showing it from every angle? A documentary of it taking on a real week-long race? Go for a ride if you show up at an event, like dozens of people have? Wanna buy parts that were developed on it?

All possible. 

What's the lowest possible bar you could pass to prove you're not talking through your hat? Not an old phone screenshot showing someone else's phone number and someone else's car. A blurry Icy Hot Stuntaz style shot of you in front of your car would work. If you're paying and playing, show your work.

Correction, it is a screen shot of a Lambo Boxster for sale by a dealer. Its not my fault if no one can afford the $45k to drive it home. I would have entertained someone with a live video chat with the car but this has been built up way too much lol. So just by chance you might see me at an event now. 

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/19/20 1:15 p.m.

Wow, you guys are taking me right down memory lane to a crub, two fents & a bursh.

rodknock
rodknock Reader
11/19/20 1:16 p.m.

I don't get why everyone is making fun of OP. I also drive Lamborghinis and date supermodels. Here's photo evidence. 

dherr (Forum Supporter)
11/19/20 1:18 p.m.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Hold on everyone, I have here a top secret picture of the super secret prototype forced induction system Renegade is installing for him, keep it quiet so we don't get sued:

The beauty of this design is it is truly a zero emissions engine, translated to meaning no BS unlike the OP

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/19/20 1:19 p.m.

Sick tattoo what tribe are you in?

mke
mke HalfDork
11/19/20 1:27 p.m.

For any one who wants to pop over to the rusEFI site there is a guy (and I'm guessing a buddy as there are 2 cars) who seems to actually have a  decent looking lambo kits they are starting to repower with a BMW V12 and boxster, yes BOXSTER transaxle

BMW kit lambo repower

there are a few pics...can't say for sure its real but nothing jumped out as wrong to me.  The guys who runs the site bought a v12 to prove his ecu could run it and there are 2 or 3 guys over there now planning to use it on similar engines.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/19/20 1:38 p.m.
svxsti said:
bobzilla said:

In reply to bobzilla :

I do date models and drive a Countach, "you can hate me now, because I wont stop now." Of course those arent my lyrics either.

Lmao a screen shot of a picture online. You're not even trying. 

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/19/20 1:38 p.m.

In reply to svxsti :

So who did you buy the SL600 from? 

dherr (Forum Supporter)
11/19/20 1:42 p.m.

Okay so it has taken four pages of posts and two days but I have finally figured it out. He can't show it to us because he is obviously still working out all the kinks. Once he get's it painted and installs that LS motor, then he can show us the real car and the real super models he is dating because he drives a 45K kit car. Shame us poor people can't afford it.....

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
11/19/20 1:45 p.m.

In reply to svxsti :

This is my daily driver.  Last weekend the g'friends and I donated a bunch of gifts to "Toys for Tots"

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

This topic is locked. No further posts are being accepted.

Our Preferred Partners
USO6204LMexTUb8nbCCoDwDr4YQIp14j4gptrGwfBK0ariPfzl9Fz3djclaSSOay