1 ... 3 4 5 6 7
dherr (Forum Supporter)
dherr (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/19/20 1:52 p.m.

Which one is on the Boxster chassis?

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
11/19/20 1:54 p.m.

svxsti, the OP, just sent me a private message with a pic.  It proves that he does indeed own the black Countach he originally posted about.  He asked me not to share it, but I just can't keep a secret.

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
11/19/20 1:56 p.m.

Ooops, I must have posted the wrong pic.

here 's the correct one:

AAZCD (Forum Supporter)
AAZCD (Forum Supporter) Dork
11/19/20 1:59 p.m.

Not a Lambo, but somehow this thread just reminded of one of my favorite YT videos.

dherr (Forum Supporter)
11/19/20 1:59 p.m.

Wait a minute, he sent me the same thing, but it looks a little different.

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP Reader
11/19/20 2:05 p.m.

This post is keeping me very entertained at work 

AaronT
AaronT Reader
11/19/20 2:05 p.m.

A truly bizarre and humorous thread. 
Anyway, here's a picture of my car, the finest sporting automobile ever made, parked next to a Ferrari F430.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/19/20 2:12 p.m.

So there is a history of Lambo kit cars in Florida, as noted briefly earlier. And this tracks back to the pic posted earlier by svxsti. Every one on the site is identified as a Fiero base, usually with a V8. But there is also info on how to stretch a Boxster.

http://kitcarmike.com/gallery/resume-of-some-of-the-cars-we-have-built-in-the-past.aspx 

V6 powered Fiero.

dherr (Forum Supporter)
11/19/20 2:21 p.m.
svxsti said:
Keith Tanner said:
svxsti said:

I think I'm in the wrong demographic here. I posted another Lambo for sale, twice, not my car. Yes its not a Countach, but Im the only one providing the opportunity to own one and no one has commented on that or attempted to contact the seller.

You have to pay to play and Im sure some of you have spent way more than 45k for your Miatas.

I suspect I have. And it's a hell of a car. Wanna see a picture? Video? A walkaround showing it from every angle? A documentary of it taking on a real week-long race? Go for a ride if you show up at an event, like dozens of people have? Wanna buy parts that were developed on it?

All possible. 

What's the lowest possible bar you could pass to prove you're not talking through your hat? Not an old phone screenshot showing someone else's phone number and someone else's car. A blurry Icy Hot Stuntaz style shot of you in front of your car would work. If you're paying and playing, show your work.

Correction, it is a screen shot of a Lambo Boxster for sale by a dealer. Its not my fault if no one can afford the $45k to drive it home. I would have entertained someone with a live video chat with the car but this has been built up way too much lol. So just by chance you might see me at an event now. 

Back to the subject matter you started. So you post that you just  bought a car, post a picture of a real Lambo, claim you own it but can't back anything up. Then you send an advertisement for the green car? Then blast us for not being able to afford it. You tell us that you are representing the car and no one has contacted the seller. When we call you out, you still can't show what you claim to bought  (because you did not buy it), you make other claims, send us internet pictures of other cars, super models, etc.... this has been fun and we have enjoyed your "entertaining us" over the last few days, helps all of us deal with working from home due to Covid. But the game is over, but we will keep on having fun with you as the last two days at work have been rather boring.

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
11/19/20 2:27 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

So there is a history of Lambo kit cars in Florida . . . . .

You are indeed correct, but more importantly, they also have a history with Ferrari kit cars:

thatsnowinnebago (Forum Supporter)
thatsnowinnebago (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/19/20 2:33 p.m.
mke said:

For any one who wants to pop over to the rusEFI site there is a guy (and I'm guessing a buddy as there are 2 cars) who seems to actually have a  decent looking lambo kits they are starting to repower with a BMW V12 and boxster, yes BOXSTER transaxle

BMW kit lambo repower

there are a few pics...can't say for sure its real but nothing jumped out as wrong to me.  The guys who runs the site bought a v12 to prove his ecu could run it and there are 2 or 3 guys over there now planning to use it on similar engines.

Dude, you better pull those pictures down. The lambo police are probably on the way already. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/19/20 2:35 p.m.

In reply to mke :

You've given us more tangible proof than the OP. The story behind your pictures is something I'd be interested in.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
11/19/20 2:37 p.m.

Tell you what, since you're making it a track toy anyway- let's put some money on it, how much do you want to run for?  Name the track, let Renegade do their thing with the engine swap, and I'll meet you there on the day of your choosing with my own mid-engine sports car that makes a whopping 115hp at sea level:

Fastest lap time goes home with the cash, all you need to do is show up with something that looks like a Countach and has at least one remaining Boxster part on it and teach me and my poor little four cylinder crapmobile an expensive lesson.  I'll even bring a model along for you to embarrass me in front of if you want.

But I'll win, because my car... you know, exists.  cheeky

thatsnowinnebago (Forum Supporter)
thatsnowinnebago (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/19/20 2:37 p.m.

OP, are you gonna put dualies on your secret squirrel Countach Boxter?

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/6-contact-g-machine/176173/page1/

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/dualie-miata/175442/page1/

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
11/19/20 2:46 p.m.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Tell you what, since you're making it a track toy anyway- let's put some money on it, how much do you want to run for?  Name the track, let Renegade do their thing with the engine swap, and I'll meet you there on the day of your choosing with my own mid-engine sports car that makes a whopping 115hp at sea level:

Fastest lap time goes home with the cash, all you need to do is show up with something that looks like a Countach and has at least one remaining Boxster part on it and teach me and my poor little four cylinder crapmobile an expensive lesson.  I'll even bring a model along for you to embarrass me in front of if you want.

But I'll win, because my car... you know, exists.  cheeky

I mean, if we're playing that game I'll take it on with a Hyundai crap box. What could be more embarrassing than being beaten by a Korean crapbox?

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
11/19/20 2:47 p.m.
Indy "Nub" Guy said:

In reply to svxsti :

This is my daily driver.  Last weekend the g'friends and I donated a bunch of gifts to "Toys for Tots"

I'm so glad you're giving back to your community. It's a good thing since so many of us are so poor.

dherr (Forum Supporter)
11/19/20 2:50 p.m.

This is so much more fun than the zoom business meeting I am on for work right now.

It is a festivis miracle!

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
11/19/20 2:53 p.m.

In reply to dherr (Forum Supporter) :

Every once in a while we get a winner like this. The next question is how long will this continue?

mke
mke HalfDork
11/19/20 2:56 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Those are not my pics, that is not my car.....its a thread I saw on rusEFI, here's the link again just to be sure, I'm not saying its mine....I have (more than) all the projects I can handle with the frankenferrari.

Lambo kit BMW V12 install

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
11/19/20 3:13 p.m.
thatsnowinnebago (Forum Supporter) said:
mke said:

For any one who wants to pop over to the rusEFI site there is a guy (and I'm guessing a buddy as there are 2 cars) who seems to actually have a  decent looking lambo kits they are starting to repower with a BMW V12 and boxster, yes BOXSTER transaxle

BMW kit lambo repower

there are a few pics...can't say for sure its real but nothing jumped out as wrong to me.  The guys who runs the site bought a v12 to prove his ecu could run it and there are 2 or 3 guys over there now planning to use it on similar engines.

Dude, you better pull those pictures down. The lambo police are probably on the way already. 

Just so we are all clear there are SEVERAL BMW V12 powered replicas running around. For a while there it was the hot ticket on tube chassis becuase you could get the motor really cheap and it looked the part over building covers. They would flycut off the BMW logos. Then the DK motor parts dried up and the 850's go expensive again so getting ahold of donor parts put them out of favor for the LS swaps. 

JeremyJ
JeremyJ Reader
11/19/20 3:15 p.m.

I can't believe he's still going with this. The trolling doesn't even show much effort anymore. I mean, he could at least crop his damn screen shots. Maybe keep an eye out for watermarks. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
11/19/20 3:17 p.m.
JeremyJ said:

I can't believe he's still going with this. The trolling doesn't even show much effort anymore. I mean, he could at least crop his damn screen shots. Maybe keep an eye out for watermarks. 

That requires effort

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/19/20 3:29 p.m.

This thread reminds me of car forums of 2003.

Mezzanine
Mezzanine Dork
11/19/20 3:44 p.m.
Lof8 - Andy said:

This thread reminds me of car forums of 2003.

Yeah and the dogpile on a guy for sport is gross. 

mke
mke HalfDork
11/19/20 3:50 p.m.
wearymicrobe said:

Just so we are all clear there are SEVERAL BMW V12 powered replicas running around. For a while there it was the hot ticket on tube chassis becuase you could get the motor really cheap and it looked the part over building covers. They would flycut off the BMW logos. Then the DK motor parts dried up and the 850's go expensive again so getting ahold of donor parts put them out of favor for the LS swaps. 

Sound I assume too....a (90 deg crank) V8 sounds nothing like a V12....just a different experience.  I'm not saying better but for sure different.

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7

This topic is locked. No further posts are being accepted.

Our Preferred Partners
887v6LFtKa03lq43tky85LjzS7fgSjdyO0jpO4izZW7OZ6mB1SbNo9wRyzYJvsfp