YES! 

YES!

YES!

The graphics are PERFECT.

mblommel
mblommel GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/3/21 10:01 p.m.

Damn, now that's a cool build. 

I'd thought about doing something similar with a '67-'68 coupe and the front and rear subframes from an RX8. 

slowbird
slowbird UltraDork
7/4/21 5:00 p.m.

I think the hip term these days is "this thing slaps" which means it's really cool.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
7/5/21 5:08 p.m.

This is so good!

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent Reader
7/5/21 8:24 p.m.

Excellent job on the stripe work. Looks legit

Geofordman
Geofordman New Reader
7/17/21 11:33 p.m.

I unveiled the Mustang at a local Ford show and the Mustang guys hated it! LMAO!  But the younger guys were like "Oh F*#K YAH! 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/18/21 12:05 a.m.
Geofordman said:

I unveiled the Mustang at a local Ford show and the Mustang guys hated it! 

Probably because they knew you wouldn't tank-slap it into the crowd at the exit.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/18/21 12:09 p.m.

It's got a Mustang body, so it wants to eat people. But is soul is squad car. It has protect and serve at heart. 

Geofordman
Geofordman New Reader
7/20/21 11:29 p.m.

Hero pics! Way better than this monthes cover Mustang IMHO. LOLof course I still have a few things to do on the car like stripping the chrome off the back bumper and painting it white. I am also searching for the right mirrors.  I want small rectangular ones. If anyone knows where to find them let me know!  Might go with a  NASCAR style rear spoiler too...now I need more power!

Shavarsh
Shavarsh Reader
7/21/21 12:00 a.m.

Wow, this build is really coming together, very nice. 

Also, Pintos have small rectangular mirrors.

mblommel
mblommel GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/21/21 8:03 a.m.
Geofordman said:

I unveiled the Mustang at a local Ford show and the Mustang guys hated it! LMAO!  But the younger guys were like "Oh F*#K YAH! 

Classic Mustang show guys are worried about date coded hoses and belts. Part of the reason I dont own a classic Mustang anymore.

Your car is badass. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/21/21 2:50 p.m.

Someone should do an article on this build.  hint, hint.

rustomatic
rustomatic Reader
7/21/21 7:04 p.m.

Very cool--I seem to remember a GT1 car (Mustang-ish) with similar styling.

Geofordman
Geofordman New Reader
10/9/21 7:38 p.m.

Well I raced the car at several Autocross events this summer and honestly it is too wide and too heavy for our clubs tight parking lot setup. ( Can't be the inept driver!) So I took it to Strawberry Creek Raceway and let it stretch its legs on the gorgeous 4 km. course, the car really works good on a road course! The automatic sucks! Every time I shift, it upsets the chassis so bad I mostly ran the course in 2nd gear at 6300 rpm. ( sitting on the rev limiter is no way to gather speed!) I obviously need to ditch the auto and probably the 4:10 gears as well to be open track worthy. My friend timed a lap while riding with me (and yelling at me how badly I was missing the line!) . I was 9 seconds off the fastest cars laps. So obviously I need to upgrade the car some more. It can't be the drivers fault, right? LMAO!

Geofordman
Geofordman New Reader
10/9/21 7:39 p.m.

And thanks for the pic in the magazine!

dj06482 (Forum Supporter)
dj06482 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/10/21 12:02 p.m.

Don't know how I missed this build - incredible work! If you're pissing people off, you must be doing something right!

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/10/21 2:10 p.m.

I can't believe I missed this. I everything about this project, especially the paint scheme 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/10/21 4:04 p.m.

The haters must not realize how bad the Mustang was. No one in their right mind would restore it. A parts car at best. This second life is more than anyone would give it. And the world is better because it exists.

Geofordman
Geofordman New Reader
1/16/22 8:59 p.m.

I finally got to spend some time on the old warhorse. I built a custom enclosure for the CV gauge cluster.  I thought about going with a Racepak dash or similar but everything cost so much money and involved even more wiring.  I'm not sure about the blue digital gauges on the outside but they were laying around so I used them. 

Geofordman
Geofordman New Reader
1/16/22 9:01 p.m.

Geofordman
Geofordman New Reader
1/16/22 9:02 p.m.

twentyover
twentyover GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/16/22 9:05 p.m.

There is just so much right with this build

Geofordman
Geofordman New Reader
1/16/22 9:23 p.m.

In reply to twentyover :

Thanks Man! 

VolvoHeretic
VolvoHeretic GRM+ Memberand New Reader
1/17/22 6:47 p.m.

Geofordman, super cool build. In the early 90's my new wife brought a rusty '68 6 cylinder coupe and '82 LTD into our family and I also used to look at them side by side thinking that it wouldn't be too hard to just drop the Mustangs body onto the shortened LTD frame. Never did it of course and had the LTD hauled away after it died and it sat around for another 20 years, but we still have the coupe in semi disassembled form waiting for a new floorpan, quarter panels and fenders. I bought all of the Grenada suspension parts needed to convert it into a V8 car minus the engine and trans years ago when my teenage son thought he wanted to fix it up before he discovered girlfriends, but I think that we will just put on the Grenada suspension, screw sheet metal over the holes in the floor, and recover the seats and drive it around after 30+ years of just looking at it. 

Good job!

Geofordman
Geofordman New Reader
1/17/22 7:27 p.m.

In reply to VolvoHeretic :

Do it! 

1 ... 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QzvKxzJVA1Rh91UBiYM1CihAf1ohnScgfhGz4eyKO0SJe0l08evAuEyqHl7JjLGV