Mazdax605
Mazdax605 Dork
3/5/13 8:16 a.m.

Not sure what I am going to do with this car yet, but I got a good deal on it from a friend on Nantucket island about a month ago. It came with a three-ringed binder full of receipts showing the parts he has bought for it. The amount of parts, and money spent on it so far is amazing. Just fixed the clutch hydraulics which failed on the ferry coming home from the island. Turns out the rod that goes between the clutch slave, and release fork was too short, and the slave piston came out too far causing a leak.

Still needs work including either mounting the matching MR2 seat on the passengers side,or finding the proper Corolla seats. Other than that it is in driving condition with the clutch now fixed.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet Dork
3/5/13 9:15 a.m.

That thing is cool, in a weirdo, late 70's sort of way. Nice score.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/5/13 9:34 a.m.

I likes. Cool find.

golfduke
golfduke Reader
3/5/13 9:34 a.m.

If you ever decide to sell it, please PLEASE call me. I'm local and this guy is sentimental for several reasons.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 Dork
3/5/13 9:50 a.m.

I am probably selling it. I have an offer from a friend that is really itching to get it, and I also have a trade for that 88 Mazda 323 GT sort of lined up. PM me if you are serious. This car spent some of its life in NH by the way.

Powar
Powar Dork
3/5/13 10:37 a.m.

Rust? Price? We loves the Corollas down here.

gamby
gamby UltimaDork
3/5/13 1:06 p.m.

In reply to Mazdax605:

GREAT get!!! I'm surprised the Nantucket salt air didn't eat it. Sweet header, too. Man, I can't remember the last time I saw one of those in person! Sometime in the 90's! lol

Keeping it would involve a drop and some wide oldschool-style wheels if it were me.

When it comes time to sell it, it'll fetch good money--think "Latino" in these parts (and on the West Coast for that matter).

gamby
gamby UltimaDork
3/21/13 4:09 p.m.

So I spoke too soon. There was a later (early 80's) model in red at a paint store in my town today. Much shoddier shape than yours, but it's still on the road...

That was the white buck of the day.

Bubs
Bubs New Reader
3/21/13 4:53 p.m.

What a cool looking rig. Definitely a rare find anywhere in the US!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
nGdNgLMyAY1PgT8GBCwvAdehAOIpqOYsK5leA1naOTj8nBbb01gAJa87CcEXCz6x