1 2
sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
12/20/21 8:10 p.m.

I know this is going to sound weird, considering the variety of other niggles I need to address... but, I bought a cheap clothes steamer...

and I'm going to town on the rear window tint which is failing.  Three 4oz water sessions later, and I lost some of my patience...

I've also done some cleaning of the driver's seat, and surrounding plastics.  It's the kind of thing that needs to be done, and is easy to pick up / put down this evening.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll get a chance to run it through emissions, and then I can find out if it's going to be on jack stands for a while.

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/5/22 7:40 p.m.

so, this car has sat in the garage, more-or-less, unloved for 5 and a half months.  OneLap, HomeRenovations, a cold garage, and general LifeStuff put working on it out of mind all that time...  even though I looked at it every weekday in that time to get the kids to school.

today was a bit of a nice day, and I'd spent a couple days watching a bunch of friends have fun at GridLife's MidWestFest... so I got motivated to do something on the car today...

so, I picked at the trunk some, in a beginning effort to clean it... and just do something on it, today

CRC even came in handy getting the jack out:

then I spent some time taking off the door card in preparation of replacing a non-working lock cylinder.

in the process of futzing around getting the door card off, I had to lift the hood up... and before I knew it, the bumper was off...

Helped in part by the fact that it was only held on by friction, one bolt, and one clip... with evidence of a ziptie having failed at additional fastening somewhere over time.

I still need to finish peeling the tint off the back window, and cleaning up the film's adhesive residue.  I'm thinking about pulling more of the interior out to do a thorough cleaning, because the inside still smells funky.

A really stupid part of me wants to 'blow the thing apart'... find a cheap K24a4, an Si 6spd, and "Kswap it".  But, I realize that: down that path lies a project that might accidentally never leave the garage for 15-20years.

Sleepykid#1 hung out for part of that time, and we talked about the potential need to sell off my TL.  So much to do, so many projects, so little time.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Lfo25uRQF61jP8bw0kRWjA9rdnh0jJCKyuGGpLcO7Suirfd7Fil62XuSwaimObtX