1 ... 4 5 6
LanEvo
LanEvo GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/26/18 2:17 p.m.
sva50233 said:

LanEvo, what would you say the insured value of your car is in its current state?

Hard to say. I don’t know of any other W201’s built up this way, so I don’t really have a frame of reference. If you’re asking how much it cost ... well, I try not to think about that. 

asdf
asdf
7/10/18 3:11 p.m.
LanEvo said:

I've had a very difficult time finding a wheel and tire package that does what I need it to do for this project. The W201 chassis has tiny wheel wells to start with, and things have gotten even tighter after swapping in the coilovers. Since we're building the car for vintage racing, we can't just cut out the fenders to make room. On top of that, I'm running the Evo II Brembos, which adds yet another dimensional constraint to the picture.

After trying out a whole bunch of different wheel/tire combos and spending literally thousands on wheels that didn't quite work, we've finally found a combo that looks promising:

These are 2-piece BBS RX II 503 alloys in 17x8" ET35. They're a bit heavier than I would have liked, but at least they fit properly. The tires are 225/45-R17 Continental Challenge semi-slicks, which are re-badged Hoosier endurance racing tires (basically R5's with a harder rubber compound). They should hold up well for HPDE and amateur racing.

Hey man,  I'm working on a 2.3-16 and having trouble finding wheels/tires that will fit a 500e brake setup in front without rubbing. Can you tell me a little bit about your findings in regards to what wheels will fit a big brake kit, but are small enough not to cause issues with these tiny wheel wells?

1 ... 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
K8XbxB3Ji8LpH8jIdwOOM21yupQw9OgfSalvZcipZaZfVrzWQNjjZvWSYGrWzz7e