1 2
conall
conall New Reader
6/8/14 9:25 p.m.

So far, I have made the following mod's:

High-performance header, cat and exhaust. Zimmerman cross drilled front and rear rotors. 034 aluminum sub-frame bushings. 034 engine, transmission and main shaft mounts. Kevlar racing clutch. Bosch fuel injectors. Also, many weight reduction mods.

Next will be 034 big MAF and ECU.

Mr_Clutch42
Mr_Clutch42 Reader
6/8/14 10:03 p.m.

You didn't give us a good intro, oh well. We need pictures too. How about an avatar pic, too.

conall
conall New Reader
6/9/14 7:45 a.m.

I've owned an 2000 Audi S4 for four years (pictured in avatar at Motorsports Ranch in Cresson, Tx.) It was well on the way to Stage 2 modifications, but was getting too expensive to keep in the long run. I sold it and found the mostly rebuilt Coupe Quattro 20V, which I have now.

I've been an Audi-phile since seeing and hearing the first Quattro coupe while living in Germany. This was in Heidelberg during the summer of '81. I have actually owned an '83 Quattro Coupe for five years, now called the "Urquattro" or "Uri" to the Audi-philes in Germany. It was getting very difficult to find parts, so I sold it to someone with a "parts car".

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/9/14 7:56 a.m.

(just had that handy from another post)

conall
conall New Reader
6/9/14 8:09 a.m.

In reply to pinchvalve: One of my friends in Austin has a full rallye spec Coupe like that. He often brings it to the track. He's even driven it at COTA.

I'll add more pic's when I get car back from shop. Some electronic gremlins are being fixed in A/C system.
I drove the CQ (Coupe Quattro) without A/C last summer, don't want to go through that again.

2K4Kcsq
2K4Kcsq Reader
7/25/14 10:37 a.m.

Awesome. . . Keep the updates coming!

Mike924
Mike924 Reader
7/26/14 1:01 p.m.

Yes please keep the updates coming. I have always had a soft spot for the Coupe Quattros, but they are hard to find in anywhere good condition here in Ottawa Canada. I have seen only 1 in the past 10 years and it disappeared before I could approach the owner to inquire about its availability.

Yours looks to be a great starting point.

mrhappy
mrhappy HalfDork
7/26/14 1:04 p.m.

Did that car ever live in Tennessee? It looks like the one I sold years ago.

conall
conall New Reader
8/10/14 8:54 a.m.
mrhappy wrote: Did that car ever live in Tennessee? It looks like the one I sold years ago.

I bought it partially rebuilt from someone in Rome, Georgia. It was on salvage title when he bought it, so I don't know it's history before Georgia.

It isn't quite ready to drive yet. Needs new brake lines, which are being fabricated in town.

I have a 034Motorsports "big MAF" and ECU chip to install now.

Having trouble uploading photos of ECU connections from when I was checking which chip to order. Guess I'll have to start a PhotoBucket account or something.

conall
conall New Reader
8/10/14 8:32 p.m.

Replaced the A/C blower and the wiring has been repaired. I have the ECU out, so that I could order the correct chip from 034Motorsport.

conall
conall New Reader
9/1/14 9:42 p.m.

Running now. Using 44k to clear out all the carbon build-up. Still needs A/C compressor, carpeting and new door cards, speakers.

I'll post interior photos later.

Needs minor body moulding and exterior paint work, as well. I've started work on that, as well.

conall
conall New Reader
1/19/15 7:32 a.m.

There is a lot of play in the steering still, after replacing tie rod ends and rack and pinion gear.

I've been waiting a couple months now for upper and lower steering column to come in.

Salvage yards keep promising parts and never shipping - or parts mysteriously get lost in shipment. I may have to order new (expensive) parts from Audi, after all.

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/19/15 7:40 a.m.

Bah, A/C is just a fad... It will never catch on...

conall
conall New Reader
1/19/15 11:34 a.m.

I forgot to mention that I will have to alter or fabricate another 7A intake hose in order to fit the big MAF.

decafe
decafe New Reader
1/23/15 8:56 a.m.

In reply to conall: I have a couple 1990 coupes that Im parting let me know exactly what you need and I can check shipping . or if you know anyone in the philly area to pick up at the time I have 3 and all have clean titles . was keeping spares for my rally car

conall
conall New Reader
1/23/15 9:13 a.m.

I will eventually be installing new door cards (preferably black). Need a new parking brake handle, mine is nicked up. I need the mount for left side (driver's side) fog light, and the lamp, itself.

I might even take some bumper moldings, as mine have minor cracks. Thanks.

decafe
decafe New Reader
1/23/15 7:07 p.m.

I have all that on a black coupe that side swept on drivers side has b3 hood grill and lights door cards have a little seperation of leather but all there pm me your email and I can send some pictures

conall
conall New Reader
1/23/15 7:24 p.m.

In reply to decafe: Thanks.

BTW - I found all the steering column parts I need from Force5Automotive.

conall
conall New Reader
1/29/15 6:18 p.m.

Steering column shaft and lower joint have finally arrived!

As I may have mentioned before, the tie rod ends and rack and pinion gear have already been replaced. So this should finally do the job.

I may have to treat a little of the rust before installing, though.

de80q
de80q New Reader
2/5/15 11:49 a.m.

Keep up the good work. My 80q is the most fun car to drive I may have ever owned. Grant it, mine does have a MC1 engine from a 5000csq in it.

Word or warning. Keep a close eye on those engine mounts from 034. In my experience they are junk. I have had and seen may of them just come apart for no reason. Where the aluminum and rubber come together is where they tipically fail.

crankwalk
crankwalk GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/5/15 4:33 p.m.

I love these! I had a neighbor with a pearl white one as a kid. He has almost 300k on it with the stock clutch (which at the time I thought was crazy). I breifly looked at these as a first car around 2000 /2001 and all I could find were automatics for some reason.

conall
conall New Reader
2/5/15 4:45 p.m.

In reply to de80q: Thanks for the tip.

Contradiction
Contradiction Reader
2/5/15 11:19 p.m.

Looking good! Definitely don't see enough of these around anymore.

conall
conall New Reader
6/17/15 3:26 p.m.

In reply to crankwalk: All models were available with automatic except the Coupe Quattro, which had a 5-speed manual.

Just in case you want more interior photos, I'll post some. I don't have carpeting in now, in case I replace seats with Corbeau sport seats.

Hopefully by this weekend I'll have the big MAF and 034Motorsports chip installed. I probably have to do an "airbox delete", use a cone filter, and work out the PCV mods. I'll post pics, but for now I will post one showing the size difference in the OEM & 034 MAF's.

conall
conall New Reader
6/19/15 5:22 p.m.

Before and after pics of big MAF conversion.

I have to order a new 7a intake hose. The old one is not snug enough anymore, so I didn't bother connecting the last electrical connection for the MAF sensors.

Maybe I'll be done next weekend then. After that, I'll have the ECU chip installed. I'll probably add some kind of heat shield between the filter and engine later also.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TPzBuOIac6j6d5IBjoEtNP9pHOBe9y6ijDRrVLz7hc8DRZliKvEMdaeJWPPy8Hyj