1 ... 23 24 25
RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/24/21 7:17 p.m.

In reply to classicJackets (FS) :

It was a 2.59 gear now it has a 3.54 gear. I need springs and a better cam in this little 4.8 because 6500rpm comes up real fast in the first 3 gears now. 

RacetruckRon
10/1/21 9:12 p.m.

Letting the beer do some thinking tonight. Where does a 7875 and 4" down pipe fit on this thing?

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/2/21 10:04 a.m.

In reply to RacetruckRon :

How much space would you gain by relocating WS Washer bottle? I think that front corner is gonna be your best bet.

rustomatic
rustomatic Reader
10/4/21 6:13 p.m.

Excellent move, sir.  

RacetruckRon
10/29/21 10:53 p.m.

When I was driving the truck this summer I had some issues with oil pressure dropping when hot. Part of this I think can be attributed to the leftover 5w20 that I put in this engine this spring. I typically run T5 or T6 15w40 in my LS engines the oil may have had some effect on the low oil pressure but I don't think it's the full story.  A hot day for me is no longer 86* since I moved to SC, I need to improve the cooling system and oil cooling is often over looked.

I bought a whole bunch of garbage for pennies a couple years ago when Holley was running some absurd clearance sales. Enter this oil cooler from Earls with -16 fittings, -10 will do just fine for my application.

Chop fittings, chop -8 to -10 adapters, flap wheel the paint and anodize coatings, weld some and done. 

Just needs a little bit of paint and something on the engine side with matching -10 ports. 

RacetruckRon
11/7/21 9:26 p.m.

Scooped up a used short shifter that is popular in S chassis swaps.  It also shortens the bracket distance by a couple inches and moves the shift lever forward.  Throw is very short but looking forward to having something new to try out.

I might have to move the fire extinguisher, elbow clearance isn't great. 

Clutch pedal bushing took a couple tries but I think I have it figured out now.  I tried spinning a thin wall bushing out of some Oil-filled bronze material but ran into issues with the strength of that material.  I found a piece of brass in the scrap bin at work and made that work. It's a 60mm long flange bushing with a 17.4mm OD and a 15.8mm ID.

A washer and a double shear mount will take up the rest of the shoulder.  I'm hoping that this bushing helps fix the pedal issues I was having because this smaller master cylinder makes the truck a lot more enjoyable to drive on the street.

iansane
iansane HalfDork
11/8/21 10:02 a.m.

It's those little fixes that make swaps like these so much more enjoyable.

It's hilariously awesome you're driving it around with just the shiny insulation inside.

RacetruckRon
11/8/21 3:54 p.m.

In reply to iansane :

It's a little annoying sometimes but I ruined this thing way too much for factory carpet to fit in here.  That is something I would like to fix but have no idea where to start for DIY hotrod carpet.

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) Dork
11/9/21 9:38 a.m.

I'll be following whatever you do, lol. I liked the stuff Binky used but I think it was pretty expensive..

RacetruckRon
11/9/21 7:22 p.m.

You have a link to that point when they did the carpet? I haven't been following that build at all.

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) Dork
11/9/21 7:28 p.m.

In reply to RacetruckRon :

Glad you asked. Looks like it's episode 34, and carpet is Woolies something or another.

From GRM

RacetruckRon
11/9/21 8:48 p.m.

Thin felty stuff and spray adhesive... That seems simple enough.  I love a good excuse to use chemical fasteners.

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/10/21 7:02 a.m.

Continue to love every post that comes. 

RacetruckRon
11/12/21 10:05 p.m.

Pedals reinstalled, clutch travel feels great. I might try and take this thing for a spin around the neighborhood this weekend.  The shifter feels great with the clutch pushed in.  I'm excited to drive this thing again.

1 ... 23 24 25
Our Preferred Partners
wf9lmaXJ0xBRWWdkOrOmgHWpjIqJfd15NBvp4zbObBaOYD2n25sDUcjdTaxvuwDA