1 2 3 4 ... 7
HotNotch
HotNotch New Reader
7/11/19 8:16 a.m.
surfshibby07 said:

In reply to pinchvalve :

You know i had actually not thought of that. I have always liked the FHP cars but never really wanted my own. that is probably a better idea than what i am currently going with. I like mustangs for their relationship to planes and i have always wanted to do a fighter jet themed car so that is the route i went. It may hurt me due to the fact fighter jet themed cars have probably been done plenty before but it is a mustang so i figured it works. i have some big plans for it and i am hoping it turns out as good as the vision i have. 

Figured I'd throw my aircraft inspired Fox Body into the mix.  It's obviously visually loud, and not for everyone.  But it's a good fit for me.

We currently AutoX it in CAM-T.  Other than H&R Race Springs, it's stock suspension wise.  With good rubber and a loose nut behind the wheel, they are surprisingly capable in stock form.

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 New Reader
7/11/19 11:51 a.m.

In reply to akylekoz :

Called and left a message. 

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 New Reader
7/11/19 11:52 a.m.

In reply to HotNotch :

That is good to hear, car looks good! The 4 eyes have definitely grown on me. 

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 New Reader
7/11/19 10:22 p.m.

Tonights activities included making my switch panel for the cooling fans and nitrous. I also filmed episode 2 of my grassroots build im doing on youtube for anyone interested. 

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 New Reader
7/12/19 8:08 a.m.

got the wing to sit flat and finished getting some more rivets in it. Will add a few more for asthetics. The last thing i need to do is add the adjustable struts i got yesterday. Soon enough ill be ready to paint! 

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 New Reader
7/12/19 11:55 a.m.

the wing is finally done. now to the hood and the front splitter. Maybe flares if i have time.

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 New Reader
7/12/19 8:02 p.m.

Set base timing today at 14degrees and took it for a spin on motor. Definitely pulls pretty good. Also got my cheap 27 dollar short throw installed. What a difference over the factory slosh box.

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 New Reader
7/13/19 12:54 p.m.

Nitrousssss

Will
Will UltraDork
7/13/19 1:17 p.m.
surfshibby07 said:

Am I off base, or is that a 4.6 oil filter adapter gasket at the bottom of this pic? 

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 New Reader
7/13/19 3:47 p.m.

In reply to Will :

You are correct. i have another 92 Foxbody coupe but that one has an 03 cobra motor in it. and a few weeks ago they were parked next to each other at the shop and i just threw this in there after i brought the other fox to the dyno. 

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 New Reader
7/15/19 12:18 p.m.

Finished up my poor mans RTR lights. Switchback leds for turn signals as well. Also a little more airflow into the bay. 

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 New Reader
7/20/19 8:31 a.m.

here is episode 2 of the video series i am doing for anyone who might be interested in following the car progress and watching. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW1oW9XMLlcOY28etgoK0Pg?view_as=subscriber

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/20/19 8:34 a.m.

In reply to surfshibby07 :

What did you use to make the actual lights themselves? It looks like flexible LED strip.

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 New Reader
7/20/19 1:50 p.m.

In reply to Javelin :

that is correct. just ordered some trimable led strips from amazon. 

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 New Reader
7/23/19 5:51 a.m.

Some before and after of wire tucking the driverside.and relocating the battery to the trunk.

Lof8
Lof8 GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/23/19 7:14 a.m.

Serious transformation there!

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 New Reader
7/23/19 9:07 a.m.

In reply to Lof8 :

thanks! the best part is that it was free! there is a big fox channel on youtube called foxcast and he had a video on how he did his. essentially you just move everything inside the inner fender well and it all just barely reaches and connects so no extensions required!

definitely cleaned it up!

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 New Reader
7/29/19 8:29 a.m.

Well finished the 5 lug swap this weekend. These are not the wheels i will be using to compete on but they dont look bad! New springs and shocks in the rear and new springs up front. Took it to a car meet yesterday and after a 20 mile ish drive it didnt break down. Held temp good and didnt over heat. It did break up once when i got on it but didnt do it again. So hopefully it is past that lol.

akylekoz
akylekoz Dork
7/29/19 9:02 a.m.

The middle picture with the trunk in the background makes me think it need one of these, just taller.

The_Jed
The_Jed PowerDork
7/29/19 9:34 a.m.

Kudos for keeping your budget open, honest, and transparent. 

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 New Reader
7/29/19 11:13 a.m.

In reply to The_Jed :

thanks! i wanted to do it because even I myself have been skeptical of some of the challenge cars i have seen compete. But i know mustangs very well so i figured i could actually build something competitive. that is yet to be seen. but at least people can see it can truly be done with some negotiating power and time and effort. 

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 New Reader
7/29/19 11:13 a.m.

In reply to akylekoz :

I noticed that too haha. i need to upload a pic of the gauges installed. thanks again for that, they work like a champ. 

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 New Reader
7/29/19 11:16 a.m.

In reply to akylekoz :

Here are the gauges installed. I opted to not use the vents and after messing with them for far too long just used the plate without them. 

akylekoz
akylekoz Dork
7/29/19 11:23 a.m.

Perfect, out of my garage and into something useful.  At $250 at steal I might add surprise

akylekoz
akylekoz Dork
7/29/19 11:26 a.m.

These are the wheels you are looking for, with NT01s or RE71s.  Probably not in the budget @ $400.

1 2 3 4 ... 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tCzcUgvHTza7UDywOPwJ97JKgHxZ5EvhYXSnncWTtG3hsr2gccZMuZldH8BYzRln