1 2 3
accordionfolder
accordionfolder Reader
6/17/13 4:28 p.m.

I picked this up a few weeks ago:

It didn't have glass in the windows or regulators, and unfortunately I have no garage presently, so I had to track those down before I could pick it up.

Of course, I did so at the most awkward time possible, and then got to put windows in roadside @ night while dodging cars:

Next on the menu was tires. I'd been driving it on slicks while in Portland. In Portland it rains a lot. Slicks don't like the rain. But it couldn't be easy:

On the way to get tires, it rained. Turns out he took off the windshield wipers/arms (wipper motor is still in there!). ProTip: It's hard to see anything when you don't have wipers. I left when it was sunny and it was < 2 miles from my house to the tire place. How bout them apples.

I'll write a bit more later. I'm lazy.

gamby
gamby UltimaDork
6/17/13 6:22 p.m.

Oh my. Is it still street legal or easy to put back to street legal?

Is this going be a track rat, auto-xer or both?

The shell looks pretty decent. What's she got for an engine?

accordionfolder
accordionfolder Reader
6/18/13 10:01 a.m.
gamby wrote: Oh my. Is it still street legal or easy to put back to street legal? Is this going be a track rat, auto-xer or both? The shell looks pretty decent. What's she got for an engine?

It "should" be able to go back to street legal. Track-rat, auto-xer, hillclimber, w/e else it will do.

D16Z6. Crower Cam, chipped and tuned ecu. Oddly it was left with the stock intake.

Sooo, here she is with her new shoes. 13x8 Toyo R888's

solfly
solfly New Reader
6/18/13 11:04 a.m.

nice, should be some good cheap fun

gamby
gamby UltimaDork
6/18/13 11:06 a.m.

That's a helluva nice header. Wow.

The wheel and tire combo looks stout, too. That car will put a deathgrip on the ground.

Very cool.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
6/18/13 11:09 a.m.

track rat civic hatch with gutted interior, big meats, and a decent mod list...this calls for rivet flares or ban.

accordionfolder
accordionfolder Reader
6/18/13 12:19 p.m.

@solfly - Yes sir, sunday is the first autoX, finally get to drive it in anger.

@gamby Yeah, bisimoto headers are nasty, "worth" half what I paid for the car.

@4cylndrfury Oh hell yes.

Forgot about the turny round bits. It has an Integra front subframe and rack, koni yellows, and 600lb GroundControl coilovers, various aluminum tie parts that I have no clue what they're called. JDM YO! Parts I need to put on that came with it: Integra rear sway (I think he said type-r, it's huge), rear disc swap.

Future: F20B swap is my goal when I get a garage. The forgotten H22 engine. Same power, slightly lower torqueseses, revs higher stock, and DOESN'T HAVE FRM SLEEVES. It was used in some kind of honda accord R that needed to be <= 2 liters.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
6/18/13 12:39 p.m.

Immajus leave dis here kthxbai

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
6/18/13 12:41 p.m.

....k and this one too

beans
beans Reader
6/18/13 12:53 p.m.

I approve of Accord parts.

Sadly, those Bisi headers aren't cracking up to be what they were marketed as... I've seen lots of disappointing results from the H/F/B crowd, and people are switching to other ones that gain a ton of midrage over them. Meyer's seem to be catching on and making BIG power.

solfly
solfly New Reader
6/18/13 2:49 p.m.

yeah, i'd be sure to peek at the welds on that header too.

also if you put the big bar in he rear make sure you have a subframe brace or it will tear out. asr makes a nice one

gamby
gamby UltimaDork
6/19/13 12:45 a.m.
4cylndrfury wrote: ....k and this one too

I've had this pic for probably 8 years. Flared EG is so damn hot.

accordionfolder
accordionfolder Reader
6/19/13 12:27 p.m.

@solfly - I wasn't aware of the subframe issues, I will handle that before I put the bar on.

I'm not worried about the headers really, she makes good power as is and there is no sense in messing with them when I want to swap the engine down the line.

Cleaned out the back/front of the hatchback. Poor Subaru is still handling truck duty.

My neighbors think I'm nuts...

accordionfolder
accordionfolder Reader
6/19/13 12:58 p.m.

Oh, and probably the most important modification, I removed those stickers! Really painless, I thought they weren't going to want to come off the lexan.

Right now I'm trying to figure out how to get the blinkers working again.

JAhmed
JAhmed New Reader
6/19/13 6:05 p.m.

Awesome. Really like the new wheel and tire setup...the grip will undoubtedly be tenacious!

accordionfolder
accordionfolder Reader
6/20/13 12:03 a.m.

Got a super sweet impact driver the other day. I love it so much, a trip to the pull a part has never been more enjoyable.

So, went to the pull a part today, got an interior wire harness. As it turns out, blinkers won't work w/o the hazard switch wired in. Now I have to pare down 3 feet of wire harness.

Going to build a aluminum dashboard for it sometime also. Add that to my super long todo list. Also got the wiper arms back on. Bring it on rain.

solfly
solfly New Reader
6/20/13 5:55 p.m.

nice progress man

Hasbro
Hasbro Dork
6/20/13 10:43 p.m.
4cylndrfury wrote: Immajus leave dis here kthxbai

Can someone please tell me where to get these? Pretty please?

3brokenhondas
3brokenhondas New Reader
6/22/13 8:14 a.m.

Sportcar motion has a set of "universal" flares that fit egs very well. Old golf gti flares fit efs but idk about egs. Hope that helps.

accordionfolder
accordionfolder Reader
6/24/13 5:41 p.m.

Shakedown on Sunday went ..... pretty well!

Full details later tonight, for now: video.

AutoX

Vigo
Vigo UltraDork
6/25/13 4:38 p.m.

So, i really like this car in general..

But is it just me or does it look like it has really dull steering reponse, a slow steering ratio, and it understeers? I could be way off..

accordionfolder
accordionfolder Reader
6/25/13 6:37 p.m.
Vigo wrote: So, i really like this car in general.. But is it just me or does it look like it has really dull steering reponse, a slow steering ratio, and it understeers? I could be way off..

I'm not so great at driving in general (only 4th autoX, first with this car), but it grabbed pretty good and only understeered when I over did it. I'm putting a fat rear sway on so that might help that, but regardless I had a ball and the car had wayyyy more potential than I had skill yet.

solfly
solfly New Reader
6/27/13 10:20 a.m.

rear bar will help understeer a ton

beans
beans Reader
6/27/13 12:58 p.m.
accordionfolder wrote:
Vigo wrote: So, i really like this car in general.. But is it just me or does it look like it has really dull steering reponse, a slow steering ratio, and it understeers? I could be way off..
I'm not so great at driving in general (only 4th autoX, first with this car), but it grabbed pretty good and only understeered when I over did it. I'm putting a fat rear sway on so that might help that, but regardless I had a ball and the car had wayyyy more potential than I had skill yet.

Put it in 2nd and keep it there.

I'd put more rear spring in it before more rear bar at this stage. It's not like this is a street car anymore lol. As I understand, more rear roll stiffness via the springs should assist in rotation without decreasing grip and will be more predictable, whereas the bar transfers weight to the point where it reduces grip.

solfly
solfly New Reader
6/27/13 1:37 p.m.

600 is a pretty good spring rate. a big rear bar set on the middle setting will be a big help and should be pretty predictable. whats the front bar situation?

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pbooZ3pxbse3IAtVSCh7fux69NNRzZXwcDv4sgV8Bz7HE13a5ckf4cpDxl24wvuQ