1 2 3 4
BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/15/21 12:04 p.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

Oops, that looks about as good as the oil that came out of my BRZ, just with less piston in it. Not good frown

dj06482 (Forum Supporter)
dj06482 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/15/21 12:59 p.m.

Ugh, that sucks, especially after all the work you had put into it.  Hoping you can pass it along easily to someone who can do the swap.

StripesSA1
StripesSA1 Reader
12/15/21 11:25 p.m.

In reply to StripesSA1 :

CPO 2019 Ford Escape SE AWD

Just did a quick Google, since the Escape name is not a South African known product, and saw that the 2019 Escape (4th gen) is the same as our 2019 Kuga (3rd gen) with some minor visual differences related to their individual markets. 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/17/21 12:08 a.m.

Finally the bleeding had stopped.

I saw an ad for another forester on CL in which the seller identified himself as an ASE master tech at a local Subaru dealer, so I clicked the reply button and asked if he does side jobs or buys cars to fix and flip. We texted back and forth, he came out to the house tonight with cash and a trailer, and AK1's Forester is no longer AK1's.

good riddance!

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/17/21 5:03 a.m.

Congrats. Good riddance indeed. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
12/17/21 6:32 a.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

Smart play. If the buyer won't find you,  then go find the buyer! 

12/18/21 5:36 p.m.

Just returned struts and wheel bearing that I never got to install, so there's $320 coming back after return shipping is deducted. Next week I'll stop by the Sube dealer and return the knuckle, rotor dust shield, and wheel bearing bolts, for another $190. I need to list the OE rims and Michelin all-seasons, they should bring another $250 or so. I was thinking it would all go into the Escape down payment, but I can get 72 months at 1.9% so I'll probably apply down payment money to the HELOC that's at 4% instead.

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy PowerDork
12/18/21 5:40 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

So here's the 20 thousand dollar question:

Has this Subaru experience soured you on the brand, or would you buy in again on another one?

12/18/21 8:58 p.m.

In reply to Indy - Guy :

I know for sure (1) we bought a turdly example and (2) ran it out of oil. So while I'm currently salty toward them, I know it's irrational, and I will eventually come around to giving them a chance again. 

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy PowerDork
12/19/21 11:06 a.m.

In reply to Indy - Guy :

I know for sure ..... and (2) ran it out of oil.

I missed the part where you (or AK1) ran it out of oil.

It's difficult to expect any engine to live long after that kind of treatment.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ytcpxCtfNLCmyMycQRInzillLrQjwkNf4Lyz0k6ltO0CMOlKRlgBLaskdVUkgZM5