ErikTheSwede
ErikTheSwede New Reader
6/5/17 9:11 a.m.

So this is my 2017 challenge car. I got it for free because there was a large family of rats living in it and they kept moving into the lady's sc430 and destroying the wiring harness and evaporator case. After spending over $13,000 in one year she told my I could have the car if I came and picked it up immediately. It is a 1991 Volvo 740 Turbo wagon. This will be my 6th Volvo build so I am very familiar with the chassis. I have a 531 casting penta boat head that I paid $20 for due to some serious damage to #4 exhaust port and I have a VX3 camshaft that I got for $50 from a guy in Sweden. I think I can get 400 hp out of it and stay within budget. I also scored a GM MA5 5 speed transmission for $50 this weekend. It had been stored ouside under a tarp for 2 years and looks crusty but it shifts through the gears and the shafts turn smoothly so I am gonna make an adapter to go to the redblock engine and give it a go.  photo image.jpeg  photo image_1.jpeg  photo image_2.jpeg

hhaase
hhaase Reader
6/5/17 9:17 a.m.

Can I be the first to ask your plans for the SVX?

-Hans

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem HalfDork
6/5/17 9:17 a.m.

Great! Either leave the patina for a true sleeper look or go all out in period correct volvo race wagon livery

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
6/5/17 9:18 a.m.

Volvo wagon and svx?

One of us!!!!!!

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
6/5/17 9:28 a.m.
Dusterbd13 wrote: Volvo wagon, rats nest, and svx? One of us!!!!!!
ErikTheSwede
ErikTheSwede New Reader
6/5/17 9:51 a.m.
hhaase wrote: Can I be the first to ask your plans for the SVX? -Hans

free to a good home. it is a friend of mines car. interior is really nice. body is decent. has a forrester 440 transmission. engine runs good sometimes. either needs an engine harness or ecu or both.

ErikTheSwede
ErikTheSwede New Reader
6/30/17 4:59 p.m.

No big news, just thought I would show off my $100 GM ma5 transmission. Shafts seem to turn smoothly and the shifyer seems good and all gears seem good. I'm going to have to modify the shifter location but not until I get the engine placement figured out. I want to shove the engine as far back as possible for weight distribution.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
6/30/17 5:18 p.m.

For The peanut gallery, where are you located?

ErikTheSwede
ErikTheSwede New Reader
7/18/17 8:25 p.m.

I am in Sarasota,Fl. I am having trouble with the images. I guess there is something going on with photobucket. I need to find a new image hosting site

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JEU415kqy4GS059CoDtulCZ3sA2LeF8vGKKg5BJLkeDfgdQO9h3i3z4pMlWU3VIU