1 2 3 4
Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman HalfDork
7/26/16 7:48 p.m.
Andy Neuman wrote: Finally thought I would have the time to change the spark plugs and wires on the Lexus. Car wouldn't start wouldn't even turn over. Haven't figured out what is wrong. I can hear the fuel pump come on and the dash lights flicker but I get nothing when I turn the key. "sad face"

After worrying for a week and checking all the fuses thinking the started was dead and knowing what a headache it can be to replace on the 1UZ. I found out that the ECU could be immobilized when the battery goes dead for a period of time on the LS400. Put the key in the driver door unlock/lock cycle 4+ times hop in the car and she fired back to life.

At this point in time I'm going to be extremely limited on time unless I find some quality people to hire at work.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman HalfDork
8/20/16 8:55 a.m.

Update on the Q45 build, looks like I'll be bringing just a Q45 this year. This will probably be my last update. Not sure what tires I'm going to run. Currently have 245 RE-71R, 295/335 Hosier A6, and old but new 235 RA1. Just need to make sure I can beat Stampie in my old Q45. There will be a lot of room left in the budget for the future,.

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/20/16 9:55 a.m.

In reply to Andy Neuman:

That looks awesome.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/20/16 9:50 p.m.
Andy Neuman wrote: Just need to make sure I can beat Stampie in my old Q45.

She tells me all the time about how you took her for granted and threw her to the curb for a Lexus no less. You better bring your A game cause she has a score to settle.

pres589
pres589 UberDork
8/21/16 3:12 p.m.

It would appear that a lot has happened with this car since you last shared pictures. Looks pretty well sorted from the outside; good work! And good luck at the Challenge!

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman HalfDork
8/21/16 3:28 p.m.

In reply to pres589:

It was a strenuous process... Found it on Craigslist and it was delivered to my work for $1500. Now I have two Q45's an ls400 and a mustang.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman HalfDork
8/30/16 9:55 a.m.

Some of these numbers are estimated but I always like to be as open as possible when it comes to building my challenge cars. Kind of want to sell the second seat in the car just to see how much I could recoup but I think having matching seats adds value when or if I may want to sell the car. The only thing I'm concerned about now is the "random" transmission issue that the previous owner was trying to explain to me.

Also I think I'm the only person ever to convince someone on craigslist to deliver a car over 2 hours away without ever meeting the guy. Also shows how much I value my own time at certain times of the year.

Ross413
Ross413 Reader
8/30/16 4:54 p.m.

Love it! Challenge deal of the year.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman HalfDork
9/13/16 5:12 p.m.

Only update is I organized my wheel and tire collection.

Other than that I'm not sure I really want to do anything to my car pretty set on selling it after the event. I'm also really worn out from work this summer. Check my for sale thread if you need any wheels and or tires. I need a smaller garage so I accumulate less stuff.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman HalfDork
9/15/16 7:15 p.m.

Finally had time to get the car out to test drive it. Put around 2 miles on it cruising around my parking lot and a couple burnouts. A police officer was either eyeing me up while I was doing this or thought I was up to no good during this time. No transmission issues surfaced that the PO talked about so I'm feeling confident that it will be able to complete the challenge under its own power. Other good news is I'll be spinning two tires at this years event not just one. Service records were also included with the car! Extra rear rotors and lots of brake pads were in the trunk of the car. Need to have my PDR guy take car of 3 dings.

Other bonuses the racing seats have Lumbar support pumps, and the OEM clock is in the car along with cigarette lighter. If I was feeling confident in the car I would drive it to the event.

Stampie
9/15/16 8:04 p.m.

Hmm. That's more stripped than I thought.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/17/16 5:51 p.m.

My name is AngryCorvair and I approve of this Challenge car!

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
9/17/16 6:20 p.m.

Wanna sell the seats after the challenge?

I'm sure someone is coming back through nc....

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman HalfDork
9/17/16 11:19 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13:

Really depends what you are willing to pay but I'm not really looking to get rid of them.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman HalfDork
9/19/16 8:08 p.m.

Made some serious progress tonight... Plasti dipped my wheels, decided I didn't like the color, then peeled it off.

Stampie
9/19/16 8:27 p.m.

Maybe this will help you.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman HalfDork
9/19/16 8:39 p.m.

In reply to Stampie:

don't tempt me

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman HalfDork
9/20/16 8:35 a.m.

Finalized my budget today. I know it is probably the most complex budget in the history of the challenge. Only things left to do is some paintless dent repair, swap wheels on car, wash and wax, add some stickers and load it on the trailer.

spin_out
spin_out HalfDork
9/20/16 10:48 a.m.

Wow, I thought our budget list was short. You shame us. Is there an award for shortest budget? :-)

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman HalfDork
9/20/16 11:19 a.m.

In reply to spin_out:

Maybe I should bring all the spare parts that came with the car. Then it can look like I'm ready for an endurance race.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman HalfDork
9/20/16 7:26 p.m.

Trying to get as ding free as we could make it this afternoon. You might not have noticed them anyways but now they aren't there.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman HalfDork
9/22/16 6:32 p.m.

Really need to figure out who built this car. Found a local shop that specializes in the nissan V8 that comes in this infiniti, maybe the car will see a manual transmission in its future. Also switched out for the wheels and tires I'll be running next Friday. Still have not used any power tools in the building of this car.

Will these be the largest brakes ever on a Challenge car. The rear has brake ducts made for the calipers.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
9/22/16 7:24 p.m.

I also hope to get some drive time in this one!

I just noticed your rear spoiler. That's not factory and there couldn't have been too much aftermarket stuff so I'll bet that is rare and was not cheap.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman HalfDork
9/24/16 5:03 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Qqx8eCgMpP0
My T-shirts finally came in the mail.

My stickers finally came in the mail.

Made my girlfriend climb in the back to clean because I just don't fit.

As always I was just screwing around.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/24/16 6:42 p.m.

Can you actually buy juice or milk in 2 liter form in the US of a?

I is sooo confused... the purple car is not the one from page 2?

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Wi5cRWgEg6bUAnTE43SVKQmXrGfPl3AAOBTLJ3xU9YRViZzHejh5HxLhxWTUsqiH