1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9
Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
5/12/18 4:44 p.m.

Made a deal with The0retical where he takes the engine out of my car and gets to keep the engine. Will pick it up sometime when he is done with it. 

Even made it home in time so I could spread the 30 bags of mulch sitting in the driveway. 

Somehow have manage to already start racking up the hours at work when my busy season doesn’t start till Memorial Day. 

Used the forklift to load the car on the new trailer but forgot to take a picture of the car on the trailer. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/12/18 5:57 p.m.

I'm so glad to see you back. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
5/12/18 7:44 p.m.

Not even sure if it’s possible to sign up for 2018. I will be holding off until things smooth out at work at little. 

Stampie
5/12/18 8:08 p.m.

In reply to Andy Neuman :

Fly and drive the nearest Saturn SW2.  We'll spring swap it and add nitious Thurs night.  I'll give you a big hug when you get your Wagon class award.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
5/14/18 1:27 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

I was tempted to just PayPal Jeremy $2500 and tell him I’d be there two days before the event. With the only qualifier being I need to be able to drive it home. 

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/14/18 6:19 p.m.

I'm down for a build party on the RX7. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
5/15/18 1:22 p.m.

In reply to Furious_E :

I’ll be ready in January. 

The0retical
The0retical UltraDork
5/15/18 3:01 p.m.

Hey Andy it was nice to meet you the other day. Sorry about my narrow turn around area up top, I didn't think of that until too late.

I appreciate you bringing the RX-7 out.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
5/24/18 6:12 a.m.

I really hope the 13b works well in the rx3 wagon.

Took 10 bolts out of the van this week. The hood is rusted to the hinges which are rusted to the van. Going to be a rusty mess, hopefully there is something left to scrap. At 1.4 bolts per day it should only take another 2 years till the engine is out. 

Might need to buy a pickup truck now. Somehow managed to start a real estate company with one of my friends. We have tentatively purchased a duplex. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
6/1/18 12:38 p.m.

Wagon class? That’ll buff out!

Stampie
6/1/18 2:18 p.m.

Does your wife know you have a wondering eye?

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
6/1/18 2:31 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

I send her a different car everyday. One day she will let me fall into my temptations. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
6/26/18 7:51 a.m.

My cat has taken up reading GRM. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
7/4/18 6:49 a.m.

The life of an iceman when it’s extremely hot going into a holiday week. Normally we run 15-17 trucks per day, now it’s up to 26. I’m surprised the neighbors haven’t complained about the roar of the refrigeration units in the morning. 

Sunset to sunrise.

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/4/18 9:06 a.m.

You better believe it.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
7/20/18 9:02 a.m.

The wagon is in transit!!!

Ordered a full selection of eBay parts already. I have a full plan for it already. Details to come later. Hope my wheels and tires fit! 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
7/22/18 1:10 p.m.

Washed wagon, test fit wheels today, it is rusty as described. Exhaust broke in transit so it has been removed. All the parts are on the way to make this one of the top finishing wagons at the $2018 Challenge.   

Making a $900 car look good! Like always, I try to make it look like I got a really good deal... Hope my copilot doesn't mind wet feet if it rains on the way down.    

Test fitting 17x8 with 245 RE-71r, may need a spacer to clear the inside and to cut down the spring perch when adding coilover sleeves.  

I won't feel bad for a second cutting these fenders.  

The car arrived with the exhaust broken and hanging down so I cut it off for now.   

Please don't rear end me. Rusty metal counts towards the weight on scrap trade? Right? 

They don't call building a $2000 racecar a challenge for no reason. 

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
7/22/18 2:22 p.m.

Those are super fast in the 1/4 if i remember correctly...cheeky

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
7/22/18 2:57 p.m.

In reply to pimpm3 :

Should be slightly faster than our fiero. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
7/23/18 5:40 p.m.

Painted the wheels white to go with my paint scheme. Orange wheels did look good on the blue car.  

Tomorrow I’ll get it jacked up and everything sprayed with PB Blaster to be able to start on replacing the suspension later this week. All ready to go in the bat cave. May need to cleanup a little.   

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/23/18 6:03 p.m.

I love what you did to my van.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
7/24/18 4:05 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

This car makes your van look like a rust free southern car. I put it on jack stands tonight, took the wheels off, and sprayed a can of PB blaster all over it.  

I am concerned I’ll find it on the floor in the morning. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
7/25/18 7:56 a.m.

This morning a protege5 guy from craigslist finally responded to my questions.....

He was asking $1600 with a few listed issues so I asked, “Has the clutch ever been replaced? Still would rather have you reduce the price instead of fixing things.”

This is what I get 8 days later, “The clutch has never been replaced. I have the vehicle back from the shop with a passing grade on a MD inspection. Car is ready to hit the road.  Asking price is now $3,500 OBO”

8 days later the price is over double

Edit: I plugged the Q”Ute” in to check on it’s status later. Might enter two cars.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
7/27/18 7:59 a.m.

Finished building my headers. $56 of sweat equity at work.  Should make a solid 1.4hp over stock. 

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/27/18 9:20 a.m.

If that’s anything like my $70 Miata header you’re going to have several hours into making it actually fit. 

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3svcLV1J7DCjnrPGRkWm4rp9QFvg4HpwcGX3FnyNqRh7k8z9oT4kRvPxD6UUqcgE