1 ... 6 7 8 9
Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/11/18 6:23 p.m.

I so wish we could rematch in the drags. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
9/11/18 7:34 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

I might find time locally to see how fast a Q”Ute” can go after this years event. 

Ordered new springs so i so I know my spring rates. Can’t afford to lose to Stampie. I hope this is the final Q45 battle. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
9/14/18 8:56 a.m.

Project of the week, water won’t be ready for fish till it stabilizes. 

Stampie
9/14/18 10:11 a.m.

In reply to Andy Neuman :

In salt water I used to ammonia cycle. Get some Janitorial ammonia from Ace hardware. It's 10% ammonia 90% water with no additives. IIRC I would add that (very little needed) until I got to 2 ppm.  Then grab some gravel or a rock from a established aquarium and throw it in there.  Test daily when it gets to 0 ppm add more ammonia until it's back to 2 ppm. Once the bacteria can process 2 ppm in a day it's cycled. I could cycle a 90 gallon tank in a week doing this.

Stampie
9/14/18 10:13 a.m.
Andy Neuman said:

In reply to Stampie :

I might find time locally to see how fast a Q”Ute” can go after this years event. 

Ordered new springs so i so I know my spring rates. Can’t afford to lose to Stampie. I hope this is the final Q45 battle. 

So what are your spring rates?  I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
9/14/18 11:52 a.m.

7”.... long.... springs between 100-800lb. No longer super secret eBay rates that nobody knows. Most likely a 100 lb difference front to rear, my struts will definitely blow with these. 

Stampie
9/14/18 12:43 p.m.

Ours are 550s and since they're chrome so they'll be faster than anything you get. Unless you get chrome also.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
9/15/18 10:03 a.m.

The new theme will make sense one day...

My springs aren’t as shiny 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
9/17/18 12:22 p.m.

I’m glad summit scratched off the QA1 stickers for their summit brand springs.  Going 550 front / 450 rear. 

This was the testing process for my $2011 car, Facebook memory of the day. As you can tell I love extremely wide tires, next year I plan to change that to my love of extremely cheap wheels that aren’t quite as wide. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
9/21/18 2:15 p.m.

New base white with a roller, not going on as smoothly as I hoped lots of bubbles. Maybe my paints old or I stirred too much or I didn’t get the right roller or I’m just terrible at painting. Going to take some sanding and a few more coats. 

Stampie
9/21/18 3:39 p.m.

You missed a spot.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
9/21/18 3:42 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

You know this isn’t a car that likes close ups, caution sharp edges. 

I could try to stitch it up with zip ties for you. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
10/1/18 6:14 p.m.

This process hasn’t gone smoothly and I’m not happy with the results, but it is what it is.  Will post pictures at the proper time. 

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
10/1/18 7:20 p.m.

Hahaha.  Can't wait to see it next week.

Stampie
10/1/18 7:35 p.m.
Andy Neuman said:

This process hasn’t gone smoothly and I’m not happy with the results, but it is what it is.  Will post pictures at the proper time. 

You just described my love life. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
10/2/18 10:38 a.m.

Project of the day , cut 12” sections out of my vinyl roll because I don’t have the roll attachment for my vinyl cutter.  

This is definitely a first world problem, using my old tablets to hold down my vinyl down to flatten it. 

I was told, “it is so much technology to fix a “dumb” problem. “

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
10/2/18 6:15 p.m.

The worlds fastest Infiniti pickup only has two days worth of work available. Theme is turning out a little better than expected, it’s photographable, but what do you expect from a work truck. Need to repaint the wheels, throw the new springs on and fender flares. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
10/4/18 5:11 p.m.

My team logo came out well, made it at work one day this week. Work didn’t slow down like I was hoping, we will see if they can handle it without me.  

The worlds fastest Infiniti pickup sticker didn’t turn out well. Not going to be using it. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
10/5/18 9:22 a.m.

wheels done

Springs 550 front 450 rear and front adjustable control arms done. 

Now for some reassembly and some disassembly. Somehow I still managed to cut myself on one of the many sharp edges wearing long sleeves and gloves. 

Stampie
10/5/18 9:55 a.m.

Nice. How much camber are you going to run?

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
10/5/18 10:56 a.m.

In reply to Stampie :

-3 in the front 

Stampie
10/5/18 11:45 a.m.

This could be an interesting rematch.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
10/5/18 1:12 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

I just let it rip around the parking lot at work. The rematch is on. Everything is done that I’m doing, other than some cleanup work. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
10/5/18 4:59 p.m.
Stampie said:

This could be an interesting rematch.

It kills me to have to miss what could have been a three way battle of Q45s if I had gotten there with the NOS induced,  man-trans Crusty Cruiser Q45  

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
10/9/18 3:15 p.m.

You know it looks half decent when people ask me about it at the gas station and take photos. Loaded up and ready to head out in the morning. 

1 ... 6 7 8 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
S6FlaxPEvMfF3SFcsi0y0YBOfkKr5bQp1Kuz5ULycFmlLeELdPyS7zwDqfFpGUCh