1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 28
Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/30/19 1:45 p.m.

Those CCWs are pretty.  Whats the story on getting them for free?

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
10/30/19 2:01 p.m.

In reply to Lof8 - Andy :

Purchased this camaro for $1500, kept the wheels and sold it for $1500 later. I get project ADD

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/30/19 3:04 p.m.

Great meeting you finally! 

Side note: I should probably forget that you have a dirt cheap spitfire. Nothing to see here.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
10/30/19 3:13 p.m.

In reply to AWSX1686 :

It is pending pickup tomorrow... to someone

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
10/30/19 6:14 p.m.

Legit CCWs? Paging JG. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
10/30/19 6:18 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

CCW doesn't mark their wheels and I only have 2 18x13. 13 is assumed based on the slight stretch on the 335, reminds me of my viper wheels and tires which were 13 wide. 

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/31/19 8:38 a.m.
Andy Neuman said:

In reply to AWSX1686 :

It is pending pickup tomorrow... to someone

Oh good! 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
10/31/19 3:05 p.m.

Half the roof done for comparison. I was told drivers side is free... 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
11/3/19 4:29 p.m.

This deer wanted to see what house projects we were working on this weekend. 

Cleaned up around the RX7, ready to take some time to at least get the rear end back in and put the engine in place. Forgot to take a picture.

Can I take advantage of these rulings? If so I have about $2000-3000 worth of parts I can trade myself to get "needed" parts.

FMV trade to myself is a worse allowance than than the mongrel Motorsports Miata. 

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/3/19 5:57 p.m.

In reply to Andy Neuman :

The Wartburg cost me $1000 for around $4000 in parts.  It zeroed out right quick, and my budget is filled with self trades because while it's a rule I don't particularly like I'm going to use the crap out of it until it's not a rule anymore 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
11/3/19 6:17 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Will finish my FMV trade spreadsheet tomorrow. I've just been using the cheapest part on car-part or eBay sold. I didn't want to rip out the interior of the RX7 but it'll give me lots of room to work with. Some of the parts are definitely no longer available anywhere. 

In other news I'm thinking about ordering a harness on alibaba. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/3/19 6:55 p.m.

I can one up you!  I have a free (ok so maybe it's Lil Stampie's) 1986 Audi 4000CS Quattro and a free 1974 BMW 2002 that I can FMV trade to myself. Oh yeah bring it on. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
11/3/19 7:05 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Maybe I should pick up yours and Patrick's free Q45 and use one bolt off each so it's part of my challenge car.  It could get worse I could FMV trade parts to pay for other cars also. 10,000 receipts later I might be able to place top 10. 

Stampie
11/3/19 7:14 p.m.

Ok I'm not going lie. Lil Stampie's Audi is going to donate some heim joints to the 25 T build. Now to go look up how much a O1E trans sells for. Don't forget rust free 2002 fenders and have you seen what 2002 trans and diffs go for?

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
11/4/19 9:30 a.m.

Just in case

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
11/5/19 9:16 a.m.

oil pan, oil filler neck, dipstick tube and engine mounts finally on. Just need to get the last two head studs out and mate it back up to the transmission. Mating it to the transmission will be interesting without have the proper tools, might need to come in on a Saturday so I can use both forklifts. 

Going to work on getting the rear end in later this week. 

Ordered some eBay parts because.  I remember when eBay coil overs were $450, now down to $190, how bad can they really be? 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
11/6/19 11:26 a.m.

Stripped the rear carpet and bins to put my pinion snubber in. Rear end is starting to come together just need to tighten the bolts and put the axles back in. It was a hard by myself, made me feel weak. My car will finally be a roller again tomorrow when I wrap it up. 

After that I can take the front apart to prepare for the engine. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
11/7/19 10:36 a.m.

Ready to take the front end apart next week. Putting the differential in before the subframe made connecting the two extremely difficult. With the correct combination of pivots and extensions it happened. Rear is back together except for the emergency brake cables. 

I was going to test fit my drag setup but my time is so limited. I did rework my budget, I have way too much left devil. Just need a driveshaft and shift lever. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
11/8/19 9:24 a.m.

Should do a turbo setup like this, just because I'm not fitting the truck intake or alternator under the hood anyways. 

Stampie
11/8/19 9:31 a.m.

I'm still trying to figure out who's going to wire it up.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
11/8/19 9:36 a.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Ordering a new harness from Alibaba. Plugging stuff in isn't hard. Although I found a really nice set of wire strippers in the trunk of the RX7. 

Stampie
11/8/19 10:17 a.m.
Andy Neuman said:

In reply to Stampie :

Ordering a new harness from Alibaba. 

This will be interesting.  What was wrong with the van's harness?

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/8/19 11:03 a.m.

I'll trade you something for the van harness

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
11/8/19 12:51 p.m.

Last two studs out of the cylinder head today. 

Nothing wrong with the van harness other than the 07 van harness is a pretty specific year of parts. I have my fuse block and harness pins ready for modification. Still looking at the alibaba stuff for taking advantage of the packaged deal discounts. Who knew I needed 100 turbos? Or 4 harnesses to get the best rate? 

edit: can't wait to see my pallet of new turbo shows up at work, going to get some confused looks. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
11/11/19 7:27 a.m.

My wife gets me the strangest things I didn't realize I wanted for my birthday. 

Yes, you can have someone paint a portrait of your pet on Etsy. 

Edit: Found over $500 in parts to FMV trade myself from the $40 spitfire. Maybe I should Use the $250 5.3 in the RX7 and the $0 6.0 4l80 in the spitfire. Challenge math is fun math. 

1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 28

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4lDuzfrs45TJDDRGnBl9sCd5cyE3C1d2wCaoDB9nfMBrIJYxNwB419oNHtiodBho