1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 28
Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
11/11/19 4:38 p.m.

Front end is apart, definitely was in a collision on the passenger side at some point. There is some surface rust on the driver side frame rail, that will make Stampie happy. Need to get the manual rack back in and then take it upstairs to pressure wash before paint and engine fitment. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/11/19 4:56 p.m.

I'm disappointed in the lack of rust pictures. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
11/12/19 9:18 a.m.

Not damaged

Minor fender bender

rust for stamps

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/12/19 11:11 a.m.

In reply to Andy Neuman :

Oh the horror!

You should post pictures of the Mazda shock towers to really make me happy. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
11/13/19 10:41 a.m.

Manual steering rack picked up at the junkyard and installed. Test fitted Q45 spares, just need to find cheap tires for skinny's. 

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/13/19 10:42 a.m.

What years q45 spares?  Those are sweet i want some what diameter are they

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
11/13/19 10:56 a.m.

In reply to Patrick :

16x4, 90-93 I believe. I only have two from my vast collection of Q45 parts. 

Just realized I have a hole in my pants after being at work all morning. Nobody was kind enough to point that out. 

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Dork
11/13/19 2:39 p.m.

In reply to Andy Neuman :

Just realized I have a hole in my pants after being at work all morning. Nobody was kind enough to point that out.Well, they didn't point it out to YOU...cheeky

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
11/14/19 9:02 a.m.

What convenience items should I be looking to keep before this goes full race car? Wipers, washer fluid, turn signals? 

Patrick
11/14/19 9:29 a.m.

Keep them all and street drive it, racecars that get towed everywhere aren't much fun

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
11/14/19 12:38 p.m.

First world problems, taking the car upstairs to pressure wash the engine bay. 

FB marketplace the place where I get no response even when I offer full price. I should just put $1 like all the adds, "I know what my $1 is worth." 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
11/18/19 12:24 p.m.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/439931786921701/

Things that distract me from my goals. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
11/18/19 1:42 p.m.

I am slacking the Chinese have made my harness and shipped it to me in 10 days. I still don't have the engine in my car. 

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy PowerDork
11/18/19 1:51 p.m.

Can you post a link to your source for Challenge budget friendly LS wiring harness?

I'm loathing that part of my LS Swap (especially because the current harness is SO oily)

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
11/18/19 2:18 p.m.

http://Check out this product on Alibaba App 03-07 VORTEC CHEVY STANDALONE WIRING HARNESS W/4L60E DBW EV6 Fuel Injectors 5.3 6.0

It depends how challenge friendly you need it to be. I have my $15 in parts to make my stock harness standalone. 

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy PowerDork
11/18/19 2:21 p.m.
Andy Neuman said:

http://Check out this product on Alibaba App 03-07 VORTEC CHEVY STANDALONE WIRING HARNESS W/4L60E DBW EV6 Fuel Injectors 5.3 6.0

Thanks.  But I'm full of questions today.  Can you elborate more on this:

It depends how challenge friendly you need it to be. I have my $15 in parts to make my stock harness standalone. 

Stand alone for $15 ? 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
11/18/19 2:47 p.m.

In reply to Indy-Guy :

Lookup LT1swap.com for info on turning it into a standalone. All you need is a few relays, fuses, obd2 port, a fuse block. Technically, you could reuse a lot of the parts from your parts vehicle. Also will need to tune out the VATS(security) with HP tuners or you can possibly use a bypass chip from eBay.

Buying the harness is mainly because I'm one man with limited time. 

Patrick
11/18/19 3:22 p.m.

In reply to Indy-Guy :

Literally a fuse block and some connectors

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
11/19/19 9:27 a.m.

Picked up a spare aluminum block 5.3. 799 cylinder heads to top it off. Hopefully the guy with the $50 TH400 actually sells it to me. Just need to find valve springs and a cam. 

Alternator is missing and they didn't include the tac module or gas pedal.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
11/21/19 9:47 a.m.

Put the engine and transmission back together. Starting to recall what halted progress last winter, lower back pain is a real buzzkill. I really need to invest in a lift. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
11/22/19 12:07 p.m.

This is an example of how easy taking these out should be. Nothing about that picture is how it's going. Laying on the ground drilling the spot welds out isn't going well. After careful measuring the transmission in going to be a tight fit.

Also painted this side with smoke gray paint. Will eventually get to the other side and engine bay. Also cut out part of the stock radiator support today, then my battery died. My other battery was confiscated for actually work. jerks

Patrick
11/22/19 1:59 p.m.

I meant i wanted you to pick me up an aluminum 5.3, not one for you 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
11/22/19 2:05 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

I told him to message me when he gets another one in. They are loose canons at the pull apart, your son could run the counter with the kid playing Nintendo Switch. I'll look for his listing to show back up. 

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/23/19 9:45 a.m.

Awesome progress man, glad to see this thing starting to come together!

I had no luck either trying to drill out the spot welds on the stock trans mounts, ended up just hacking them down as far as I could with the grinder and calling it a day.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
11/25/19 9:12 a.m.

In reply to Furious_E :

That is most likely the route I will take. Need to wear my face shield with the cutoff wheel this time. Took a spark too close for comfort just wearing safety glasses last week. 

Not going to get anything done this week. 

1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 28

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zDO9hSOqYnR7KEKBWfxG70on2wkVxgvuVZFr9o42ikmAIITsRx9bjzPKUyn7LVJu