1 ... 25 26 27 28
Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/23/21 10:13 p.m.

In reply to Andy Neuman :

Dude, did jg warn you he was going to roast you at the awards ceremony?

I still think you need to plb the rx7

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/24/21 5:47 a.m.
John Welsh said:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

You know, you could probably do that entire Falken livery with just two colors of painter's tape and enough slightly inebriated volunteers.

Andy Neuman said:

In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

Painters tape doesn't count in the budget according to the rules, they just assume I planned to take it offs 

Time consuming but a genius idea.

They nailed it!

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
10/24/21 2:27 p.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) :

Picture proof that the number panels didn't even make it from the hotel to the parking lot sticking to painters tape.

I only lost the number panels on the way home. They were starting to peel before I made it to 301 and I stopped to pull them off. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
10/24/21 2:32 p.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

I must have tuned him out for that part. 

I did like leaving after awards at the track. Made it home and had everything unloaded by 3pm today. 

This week I need to clean up my mess at work and send the g35 to the pull a part. Then inventory my parts and get back to work on the RX7. 

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/25/21 9:34 a.m.

Happy to help, it was a fun time!!

Side by side picture, just to really show off our tape skills. 

Carnage:

10/25/21 9:36 a.m.

Also, Andy is totally going to setup a day or two for a GRM build day to get his LS RX7 ready for next year. Right? Right! 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
10/25/21 9:54 a.m.

In reply to AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) :

Right!

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
10/25/21 10:08 a.m.

Can you take some measurements of the universal flares? Wondering their inside (wheeled/fender lip) length, height, and thickness. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
10/25/21 11:25 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

This is what I found on eBay. Prices are up mine were 29.99 now they are 36.89

There is a rumor Patrick is coming over to pick up some g35 parts Before this gets scrapped. 

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
10/25/21 11:42 a.m.

Found this at Dollar General today.

Check and see if your local one has it, or shoot me an address and I'll send it your way.

Dusterbd13-michael
10/25/21 11:44 a.m.
Andy Neuman said:

This is what I found on eBay. Prices are up mine were 29.99 now they are 36.89

There is a rumor Patrick is coming over to pick up some g35 parts Before this gets scrapped. 

Can you link yours? And are those measurements accurate enough to trust?

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/25/21 11:53 a.m.

I just wanted to leave this here.  I count four places from me down to you.  Instead of you beating me with the nitrous I wired for you, I beat you with the nitrous solenoid you sold me.

ExcessKuma
ExcessKuma
10/25/21 2:08 p.m.

In reply to Patrick (Forum Supporter) :

Thanks Patrick, maybe next time!

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
10/29/21 9:58 a.m.

This week recap: 

Monday pulled everything out of my kitchen laundry room for a new floor. Here is the awesome floor that was under the floor we were replacing. Really hope the finish up today so I can put my refrigerator and washing machine back into place. 

New Floor still in progress 

Wednesday daycare calls and claims our son has 102.7 temp. Currently it's a 72 hour rule out of daycare for a temperature above 100. Pick him up and we haven't seen a temperature over 99 since. Annoying but ok makes getting work done difficult.

Thursday went to see Andrew and Calvin and talk about challenge things. They help me feel like I'm not a hoarder.  

I did miss the tree branch incident at work while I was there.  Somehow it ended up on top the truck, where it broke off was less than 6' high on the tree. Sometimes I don't want to know, like how was he able to drive back without the branch falling off? 

Early next week assuming we are allowed back to daycare I'll take the parts of "value" off the G35 and then get it ready for scrap. I'll also get those fender flare measurements. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
11/3/21 6:42 a.m.

Properly used painters tape this week. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
11/3/21 10:50 a.m.

I measured mine and they appear to be very close

Dusterbd13-michael
11/3/21 10:53 a.m.

Awesome  thanks! Just needed to make sure before i ran with them. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
1/6/22 10:21 a.m.

Added a member to my team this week. 

Recap; baby was breach so we had to schedule a c section. Wife had to be tested for Covid 6 days before and it came up positive, she only developed a loss of smell. Although we weren't sick that meant we'd be trapped at the hospital in our room. Everything went smooth at the hospital it was just difficult to be "trapped in our room" where everyone coming in had to wear full PPE. 

Second issue with testing positive is your first child gets banned from daycare for 24 days.  We will be jumping right into full time double kid duty and finding new routines. 

I really enjoyed when the Doctor came into the room before performing the c section. She says nothing like jumping in feet first on a Monday after thirteen weeks off for my own baby.  

1/6/22 10:31 a.m.

Congratulations! Sounds stressful, but I'm glad it all worked out.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
1/6/22 10:48 a.m.

Wow, so much for taking the easy route!  Congrats!

Good Times!

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/6/22 11:37 a.m.

Congrats. Kids need more wrenches in their hands. 

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
1/6/22 11:42 a.m.

Congrats!  

Nothing like a two kid spit-crew. 

I was just talking to my work about that 24 day reality in case my wife or I get it. My boss had a jaw drop. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
1/6/22 1:55 p.m.

Did you happen to turn this new one upside down to see what kind you got?  Looks like #1 might be the boy kind. 
Matched set or one of each?  

It probably doesn't matter much.  It's not like you can return them.  I think the terms and conditions say to return them they have to be put back into the original box.  And, we all know that gets wrecked just getting them out.  

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
1/6/22 7:47 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

Two boys... pretty sure there is a 30 day return policy no questions asked. 

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) UberDork
1/6/22 8:25 p.m.

Congratulations!  The look to be close enough in age that they will entertain each other once they get a little older.

1 ... 25 26 27 28

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
l3FlLTTXhAcb9Qvgv6r9Pjm9qPiuf1GtZzG8AbON1feMzqpMXSMxExj7V0paR38a