Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy PowerDork
1/6/22 9:27 p.m.

Congratulations ! yes

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/6/22 10:06 p.m.

Congratulations!! 

Or, as a parent who is being a bit more truthful, welcome to the thunderdome!

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
1/19/22 3:23 p.m.

Went over budget on the RX7, hopefully these were a good choice. Still haven't pulled the trigger on an Ls3 Tr6060 drop out.  

Currently trying to talk my wife into letting me get a gr86/brz. She likes cars with modern safety and amenities.   

Need to talk this guy into selling for challenge monies

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
1/19/22 7:38 p.m.

In reply to Andy Neuman :

Dang! G35 drivetrain! 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
1/19/22 10:02 p.m.

Yeah wow!

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
2/25/22 4:24 p.m.

Only thing I've accomplished all year on the RX7. I did manage to find a TH350 with a converter this week so maybe I'll make some progress soonish. I think I've only slept more than 2.5 hours in a row 5 times since the new child arrived. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
3/9/22 7:00 p.m.

Someone is trying to sell my used t shirts

This made me laugh. We didn't even adopt the good time ice brand until 1980. The bear in the lounge chair didn't show up till 2003 and that shirt is probably an 08. We actually started adding the date to special edition shirts in 2013. Didn't know we were so old school. Guess we get stuck in our ways after 150 years in business. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
4/9/22 6:22 p.m.

Someone convince me to buy Patrick's Datsun so I can put the RX7 so far on the back burner I don't remember I have it. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/9/22 6:25 p.m.

Congrats.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/10/22 9:09 a.m.

I'm not going to talk you into or out of anything but 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
4/14/22 8:57 p.m.

Purchased the most expensive vehicle I've personally paid for today. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
4/14/22 9:07 p.m.

Wow.  The price is not cheap but the 36 mpg is pretty awesome!  I like the blue!  

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
4/22/22 1:49 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

First 150 miles I'm only averaging 32. Also four doctors appointments so far to add. Kids and their fevers, ear infections and bronchiolitis. Much nicer than the old dodge. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
4/22/22 3:55 p.m.

Only 32 mpg!  In the same cycle, the Dodge would have likely only returned 21 mpg.  So, the Toyota is returning 50% better!  

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
6/13/22 5:41 p.m.

Up to 36.5 mpg on the new van so far. 

Instead of buying Patrick's Datsun or any other project I'd never finish I purchased this   

I forgot to make sure the ramp was on the options list. Doh so if you know of any cheap wide ramps let me know options 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
10/28/22 11:31 a.m.

Listed some spare parts for sale

^since I have no direction in fun car life might as well pass on some parts. It's been a challenging year with sicknesses with two kids under three at daycare.  

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
1/6/23 9:44 a.m.

First time attempting to build my own engine...I watched enough Richard Holdener videos that I can make this work. Ordered the cheapest cam off eBay I could find. If this works I'll be surprised, not too much to screw up. Figured the rotary guys would like my lack of pistons while I have them out to gap the rings. 

Its like a giant Lego set, seems pretty straight forward, right? 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
1/19/23 9:30 a.m.

My grandfather gave me $50 CAD toward my challenge car this week, a few more of these and I'll be able to buy something nice. 

Everything was going well till one of my favorite employees told me he was leaving in two weeks. Always hard to lose good people. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman UltraDork
2/12/24 3:27 p.m.

My new car finally arrived. The kids love it. My wife likes it, finally all the years of not buying guacamole paid off. 

I blame Jeremy for the color choice. Every since the 2014 Fiero fiasco I've always like the battleship gray and black look. 

Going to sell all my extra car parts/cars soon. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
2/12/24 3:34 p.m.

SWEET!

Do not under any circumstances advertise any of those project cars to me.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman UltraDork
2/14/24 11:49 a.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

but I'll make you a deal you can't refuse. 

I still can't commit to selling the RX7. I may just stash it in a corner and forget about it for the next 15 years. 

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/14/24 1:55 p.m.

Were you using an engine swap kit for your FC, or building your own engine mounts, etc?

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman UltraDork
2/14/24 2:06 p.m.

In reply to hobiercr :

In my inventory I have both the grannies speed shop mounts and ronin speed works mounts. For SBC or LS swaps. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman UltraDork
4/9/24 8:34 p.m.

Had a great time at the challenge this past weekend. Always good to catch up with friends and make some new ones. Not sure when I'll make it back and with what. My son asked if I won, when I gave him the disappointing answer he said I should buy some new wheels, tires and other parts to go super fast. 

Definitely appreciated the structure of the autocross compared to the old days. One day I'll learn how to actually drive a "race car."

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman UltraDork
4/9/24 8:52 p.m.

This is where I got "it's my first one thing from."

When we struggle with something at home and finally get it we like to say, "yes, first try."

1 ... 26 27 28

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9i53k2hFLt9apAvyIRN9mp76VyMd7kxIqhuT8UFbFMOyKXPCFMMh5fjiVOaHQ5MH