1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11
bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
4/23/21 4:50 p.m.

In reply to logdog (Forum Supporter) :

I had a similar one in my 88 C4. I blieve the consensus was hard wire for bag phone/car phone.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/23/21 8:38 p.m.

I can't imagine that too many Mustang IIs ended up with hard wired car phones in them.

Figure that would have been around '89-'90ish. This car would have been 13 or 14 years old, and the typical person who was still driving a Mustang II probably wouldn't be shelling out the relatively huge coin for phone. They were still pretty special at that point, and represented a fairly major purchase.

logdog (Forum Supporter)
logdog (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/24/21 6:06 a.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

The interlock is an interesting idea.  They are in the right area for something like that.  It has a wire on the retractor for the dash light.

logdog (Forum Supporter)
4/24/21 6:08 a.m.

In reply to bobzilla :

Along those lines, since it was the mid 70s, I wonder if there were dealer addon CB radios?  Although this doesn't seem to have enough voltage on it for something like that.

logdog (Forum Supporter)
4/25/21 7:29 a.m.

Put the interior all back together yesterday.  The trunk carpet is still pretty funky so that will get replaced.  The smell isn't 100% gone but its much much better.  

To celebrate we did 137 miles without a chase vehicle.  

ZOO (Forum Supporter)
ZOO (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/25/21 9:11 a.m.

I hope you both have some sort of period dress you could wear as you cruise . . .

Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter)
Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter) Dork
4/25/21 10:51 a.m.

If that was my car I simply wouldn't settle for less than a set of period correct mags (14 inch or smaller Appliance, Cragar, Fenton, Superior), white letter tires and a Carter-Mondale bumper sticker. I don't care if it hare lipped the Governor. I'd make it happen. But I'm eccentric...

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
4/25/21 1:03 p.m.

In reply to Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter) :

Sadly, all the period 4 lug mags are fugly. I had a 4 lug back then, and was not happy with the lack of availability 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
4/25/21 1:13 p.m.

Maybe the slotted mags from a Cobra II or M II Mach I. 

Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter)
Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter) Dork
4/25/21 2:27 p.m.
03Panther said:

In reply to Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter) :

Sadly, all the period 4 lug mags are fugly. I had a 4 lug back then, and was not happy with the lack of availability 

Like Woody said, a set of small diameter slot mags would be perfect. I couldn't imagine ever calling slot mags fugly. 

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
4/25/21 2:31 p.m.

On a powder blue mustang, at the time, everyone I knew thought so. But tastes today seem a lot different than mine. 

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/25/21 3:27 p.m.

I have these that will fit....

16x8 and don't fit the vibe, in my opinion. 

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/25/21 3:38 p.m.

What car is slower that you've owned?

wawazat
wawazat Dork
4/25/21 7:35 p.m.

My '74 MII Mach 1 had OEM 13" aluminum slot mags.   I think 15" 10 hole Fox body Mustang GT wheels fit.  Maybe TRX wheels?wink

wawazat
wawazat Dork
4/25/21 8:05 p.m.

This is the end result of massive rust repair on my 1974 Mustang II.  This was my first car.  My dad and I did the repair and paint in 1982.   

wawazat
wawazat Dork
4/25/21 8:06 p.m.

That's the top of the windshield from my Bronco pickup at the bottom of the pic.

rodknock
rodknock Reader
4/25/21 8:12 p.m.

What about some JDM wheels from around the same period? 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
4/25/21 9:24 p.m.
wawazat said:

This is the end result of massive rust repair on my 1974 Mustang II.  This was my first car.  My dad and I did the repair and paint in 1982.   

My cousin had a yellow 1977 Mach I with the same wheels. I know that they were original to the car. He got the car new and totaled it within about six months. It was a nice little car. 

logdog (Forum Supporter)
4/26/21 7:37 a.m.
ZOO (Forum Supporter) said:

I hope you both have some sort of period dress you could wear as you cruise . . .

We have already ordered our tennis rackets! laugh

logdog (Forum Supporter)
4/26/21 7:39 a.m.
Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter) said:

If that was my car I simply wouldn't settle for less than a set of period correct mags (14 inch or smaller Appliance, Cragar, Fenton, Superior), white letter tires and a Carter-Mondale bumper sticker. I don't care if it hare lipped the Governor. I'd make it happen. But I'm eccentric...

*If* I end up keeping this long term, wheels are going to happen for sure.  I like these cars with slots.

logdog (Forum Supporter)
4/26/21 7:42 a.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum) said:

Maybe the slotted mags from a Cobra II or M II Mach I. 

Slots are totally the answer!

logdog (Forum Supporter)
4/26/21 7:44 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) :

I havent seen wheels like that in the wild in forever!  I agree with you, wrong vibe for a II

logdog (Forum Supporter)
4/26/21 7:51 a.m.
Antihero (Forum Supporter) said:

What car is slower that you've owned?

The 2 cars I owned I would say are painfully slower than this are the 4 door Chevette and the Plymouth Reliant.  Both were carbed automatics that were not only slow when new, but had 100k+ miles on them when they passed through my hands.  It would make for an awesome drag race!

logdog (Forum Supporter)
4/26/21 7:55 a.m.

In reply to wawazat :

Thats a good looking car! 

logdog (Forum Supporter)
4/26/21 8:00 a.m.

In reply to rodknock :

I dig those wheels, but "vintage" and "JDM" mean budget busting these days!

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6fPUja9N4VcQlgJ9ybD2kXLjj97ej0OKYxiIqalPBfwLBJVQVTDWt0EJADbGdbsB