1 2 3
Hoondavan
Hoondavan HalfDork
10/22/21 9:52 a.m.
clutchsmoke said:

In reply to yupididit :

Never knew this interior existed. I love both the Rosso and the Verde!

Wow, I learned something today as well.  I'm guessing the Rosso seats are big $$ these days.  These make M-Rain look outright conservative.

Matt B (fs)
Matt B (fs) UltraDork
10/22/21 3:02 p.m.

This seems like it should be in the unicorn thread. Those seats are berkeleying awesome. Major props!

Azryael
Azryael Reader
10/22/21 9:26 p.m.

Looks super good. Kinda wanna M104 the 300SEL.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/23/21 7:38 p.m.

Azryael
Azryael Reader
10/23/21 11:54 p.m.

That looks almost just like my '89 did, except my 2.6 was lowered, and had a Zender spoiler.

yupididit
10/24/21 6:55 p.m.

So I got the car home last night. 

Few things: It needed a new battery badly and looks like the fuel pump/s are going out. Could also be this funky relay.

Otherwise the engine is strong. 

The interior does have some things I'd like to fix very soon. Door cars peeling and some seams coming apart in the rear seat. And some little broken interior pieces here and there. 

yupididit
10/24/21 7:38 p.m.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
10/24/21 7:52 p.m.

Oh yeah, I have a leftover zender front spoiler from my zender car. Again, probably to much to ship though

yupididit
10/24/21 8:04 p.m.
chandler said:

Oh yeah, I have a leftover zender front spoiler from my zender car. Again, probably to much to ship though

Again, send me pics lol. 

Also, do you ever come to Virginia or near? 

yupididit
10/27/21 6:00 p.m.

Just drove it home from my storage unit. 

The car drove really well, it's been driving better and better every time I drive it. I swear these cars hate sitting. I haven't driven it hard yet, waiting to do the fluids first. The seats are really nice and fit my frame well.  

I'll be doing plugs, fluids, and brakes next, it has holes in the exhaust and I don't enjoy the smell or sound. Fixing the interior imperfections are a must as well. 

I think I want to find a 16v bodykit and different wheels. 

Azryael
Azryael Reader
10/27/21 11:33 p.m.

You'll end up having to sacrificing the red piping on the door panels (unless you find some way to cut it out and swap it over), but you'll want a set of older door panels. It seems after about '88 they were made with inferior parts, and come apart like yours are. You'll have to cut out for speakers, too, but that's also not all that hard.

Or, you can have someone recover them. I also noticed that your B-pillars are also covered; mine are plastic in the 16V.

buzzboy
buzzboy Dork
10/28/21 7:34 a.m.

Are those wheels 17s? I would like them on my Benz but who knows about the fitment issues.

yupididit
10/28/21 11:45 a.m.

In reply to Azryael :

I don't think I'll have to sacrifice the piping at all. That part of the panel is separate from the main panel.  I'll just have it wrapped again. 

yupididit
10/28/21 11:51 a.m.

In reply to buzzboy :

Yeah they're 17's. I plan on getting rid of them when I find other 17's I like. Want them? 

yupididit
10/28/21 11:51 a.m.

Anyone heard of FrankenCIS from Dkubus? 

Additionally, I'd love to get rid of the CIS system and ezl.

buzzboy
buzzboy Dork
10/28/21 3:32 p.m.

It's the wrong time for me to be buying wheels sadly. I'm about to move to the other side of the country for 6 months. And the car doesn't run yet so it's fine sitting on it's old wheel package.

Azryael
Azryael Reader
10/28/21 4:13 p.m.

Looks like the rears are in better shape than the fronts, but would definitely have them all done.

yupididit
10/28/21 6:21 p.m.

In reply to buzzboy :

Well, it isn't a good time for me to sell wheels. I'm about to move to the DMV area from Central Texas in January. The 190e won't make it to Virginia until February lol. 

yupididit
10/28/21 6:22 p.m.

In reply to Azryael :

Yeah just peeling around the window in some doors. But the rest looks really good. Might be easy to fix. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/28/21 6:32 p.m.

I missed the build thread because of Challenge week but glad to see you got it. 

yupididit
11/1/21 5:57 p.m.

Josh (Azryael) stopped by today in his 16v to drop off some parts. Also some sketch E36 M3 lol.

His car has presence. 

Azryael
Azryael Reader
11/1/21 6:01 p.m.

Can't wait to hear it when it's done!

It was definitely a fun visit, we'll have to do it again before you're gone.

yupididit
11/9/21 7:21 p.m.

The more I touch it the more I want to get rid of the KE-Jet. It runs great, a little rich, but I'd love an EFI and decent intake manifold setup. 

Who can fab me an ITB intake manifold setup? That's what I truly want. I can get one custom made from a company in Europe but they want at least $4k crying

Turbo wouldn't be too hard either lol

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/10/21 5:55 a.m.

In reply to yupididit :

This car is so rad. I like the simple concept of Bosch mechanical injection, but trying to keep them functioning correctly decades later can be frustrating & finding someone who truly knows them well is often a challenge. 

yupididit
11/10/21 6:24 a.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) :

For sure. Between myself and a few buddy's of mine, I think the knowledge is there. But I honestly hate how ugly and finicky it is. I know it could be much better and appealing with EFI lol 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LX6RebJjhBb7rFXhi0gBOg3Dx9hoEDq3BMHUWvdKkzB5lqMwpporUGLJGfd3a5CO