1 2 3 4
barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
8/31/22 2:35 p.m.

AC problem. Unfortunately the part is discontinued and I can't decide whether a used unit or a refurbished one is more suspect. 

I think I've found a very grassroots fix for a somewhat common issue. Apparently the PCB has a weak spot between the 12v supply and the input for the 5v regulator, and a jumper wire should sort it out. 

It's already broken, so I can't make it worse. 

barefootcyborg5000
10/26/22 8:57 p.m.

been waiting since June, but the plates finally showed. 

759NRNG
759NRNG PowerDork
10/27/22 11:18 a.m.

Perfect......leave the hood booger and the bumper smooch

barefootcyborg5000
10/27/22 2:00 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG :

It's a free car. I'm certainly not going to not leave the blemishes. 

Still haven't fixed any of the leaks. But I'm 4 months without any lights, warnings, or noises. So that's good. Starting to think about installing the stereo stuff I have because local FM and my CD collection are both pretty pathetic. 

onemanarmy
onemanarmy Reader
10/27/22 2:58 p.m.

Just keep topping off all the fluids.   You'll stay ahead of the change intervals.

barefootcyborg5000
11/1/22 11:06 a.m.

You didn't ask, but the internet delivers. Apparently my car has a theme song. 

So that's a thing. 

barefootcyborg5000
4/15/23 12:46 p.m.

So I finally got a little tired of the smell of oil burning from the exhaust manifold and the engine light. Both issues caused by the nearly nonexistent valve cover gasket. I also discovered the distributor cap gasket was in three pieces making it even easier for the valve cover oil to leak in (cam position code, but there isn't a sensor. The dizzy does that job, and poorly if it's oil soaked). 
Also threw new NGK sparky boys in because why not. And I sort of kinda cleaned the VC. It's no good having vtec if I can't show off the valve cover. 

I should check the valve lash, but I'll get to it later. 

Shiny:

Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter)
Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter) Dork
4/15/23 1:02 p.m.
barefootcyborg5000 said:

I should check the valve lash, but I'll get to it later. 

Hondas don't ask for much. It doesn't even take very long to run the valves on these things. Just saying...

barefootcyborg5000
4/15/23 2:27 p.m.

In reply to Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter) :

I know. Gonna try to aim for next Saturday. If I can keep up my motivation I do need to replace the timing belt and crank seal, so while I'm already turning the crank....

I can't even get it off the ground at my place. I don't own a jack. Plus, the kids asked me to take them swimming and now the wife wants to go dog shopping so time is a bit tight. But that's enough excuses, I'll get the rest done soon. 

barefootcyborg5000
4/29/23 5:21 p.m.

Old timing belts didn't look too bad, but the drive belts were cooked. Technically not cooked, marinated. In steering fluid. That's a problem for another day. 

Old belts, things at TDC, marked and checked. 

Did this at a friends place because 3/4" air tools are for Honda crank bolts. 
We replaced the cam, crank, and balance shaft seals, all the belts and the water pump. And yes, I did install the seal retainer for the balance shaft. 

Pretty standard stuff. Then we went for burritos and Dr Pepper. I'm spent. I can't do too much of this since my accident, and I'll be paying for it for a week. But it's done now. 

Future needs are both axles, and the rear main seal.  Have a clutch kit and flywheel because "in there" and cheap. 

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 UltimaDork
11/6/23 12:04 p.m.

This evening may see the end of this saga. Going to look at a potential Biscuit 2.0. Details as I have them. 

barefootcyborg5000
11/6/23 8:27 p.m.

Replacement procured. Slightly less free, slightly more miles but also 5 years newer and where the guy lived I know the miles are all 55-65 highway use. Same pedal and gear count, less displacement. 

Any guesses?

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke UltraDork
11/7/23 3:26 p.m.

Civic Si? RSX?

barefootcyborg5000
11/7/23 3:50 p.m.

In reply to clutchsmoke :

Far too optimistic. 

Biscuit 2.0

Anyone here desperate for a 99 accord?

barefootcyborg5000
11/13/23 1:28 p.m.

I've never had appointments for folks who want to come see a car I'm selling. Finally got around to listing on FB and I guess folks like 90s Hondas as much as I do. Huh. 

barefootcyborg5000
11/13/23 7:59 p.m.

First guy gave me asking price with no hesitation. His kid turns 16 next month and just wanted a stick. 

Now to see how much the state is going to charge me for the scion. 

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LnnkVODwwcsYPmqku0W27ur77MHkLTVTT7PisZWXVCpL3HZQmeOSMIwnpzAiTp84