GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
4/7/18 1:07 p.m.

I got some Hugger Orange from an old friend $100 for a gallon, and had to use it. It was so old it stank,  anyway here's some pictures, this is the old Fiero Jeremy and Andy had in 2015.

A little bit of disarray in the photos. Of the stuff on the engine that is painted is what's been off. Maybe sometime in the summer I can detail this better. Going to try to make it over to Road Atlanta for the meeting on Sunday for the 200ft skidpad.

Just ignore this photo.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
4/7/18 1:44 p.m.

I like it, but I'm a sucker for orange.

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
4/7/18 2:00 p.m.

I'll straighten out the Color when I get it Finished. that's just Clear coat no rubbin yet. I'm Terrible at pics so hopefully you can see the Chassis work that's been Done. Color will help there also. Engine seems to be Good after the Head Gasket repair, some minor Tune Issues, AKA Time and and that Green stuff/Or not.

Thanks Mojo 

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/7/18 2:07 p.m.

You realize that I kinda have a claimer rule on all things orange, right? Hahaha!

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
4/7/18 2:10 p.m.

IYE, and there  will Be a bit of Green Hidden in there Too.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
4/7/18 2:51 p.m.

There is a Pontiac connection to that color...Chevy Hugger Orange was the same thing as Pontiac Carousel Red, which was used on the 1969 GTO Judge.

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
4/7/18 3:07 p.m.

As the Label say's, but yea being a Licenced Driver in 69 and a Follower of Arnie "The Farmer" Beswick really a Local Hero Here In North Georgia though not from here (Malvern Penn.) so Carousel Red  and Here Come Da Judge was Loudly Shouted. I have No problem using this Color on a Pontiac. Not good at updating so more when Done. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
4/7/18 9:35 p.m.

I general-lee like where this could be headed!   

Sure looks #1 (or make that 01)  

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon PowerDork
4/7/18 9:38 p.m.

Painting a Fiero in a shade reminiscent of fire only seems natural. 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
4/7/18 9:51 p.m.

In reply to GTXVette :

Im very glad to see you back!

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
4/8/18 6:46 a.m.
Spoolpigeon said:

Painting a Fiero in a shade reminiscent of fire only seems natural. 

This Car, This Color,

I like where were going also

Harley used this Color in 69 Also on the Sportster , They Called it Jet Fire Orange

That is General Lee a Color that can be Too Much , I for 01, thought it would be good on a Small Car But this Sucker is Bigger than it Looks. really only 3" shorter and 2" narrower than the Vette Beside it.

Mikey I 'm  Right here.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon PowerDork
4/8/18 3:15 p.m.

In reply to GTXVette :

The color actually looks pretty good on there. 

It just that, as a guy who’s been inside a burning Fiero, it’s hard for me to not make a joke about it every time I see one. Like a right of passage. 

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
4/8/18 5:48 p.m.

In reply to Spoolpigeon :

ON Fire, That's Crazy. Yup,  Say Any Thing You Want.

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
4/8/18 7:27 p.m.

Looking good, I am stoked to see this thing getting a new lease on life.

It's great that there are two active threads of people correctly fixing my parking lot builds.

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
4/9/18 6:36 a.m.

In reply to pimpm3 :

That's A Hoot ! 

I am the Lucky One,  I am Trying NOT to Pull It Apart, So much Good Stuff here, I want to Highlite it with Color

I Also want to use it, Like Intended.  

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
4/25/18 7:20 a.m.

In reply to GTXVette :

GTXVette SuperDork
4/25/18 7:13 a.m.

Well CRAP. Dirk, My Tow driver (With Truck) Has to work This W. E. He's a Crain Operator in Down Town Atl and they are Jacking up His Crane . Hell It's Gonna Be In the Clouds The Building is going to Be 50+ Stories. He's 72 And Climbs up and Down This Thing.

Got the Fiero Painted but still Have some Trim work and the Idle is Sill Crazy High, Any one Going Sunday With an empty Trailer?

Ive got one of those Big A** Big Tex Equip. trailer's but no way to move it .

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
4/25/18 9:01 a.m.

In reply to GTXVette :

I realize it may not be your first choice but Enterprise Commercial will rent you a pickup you can tow with.  My guess is $89 per day.  

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
4/25/18 10:49 a.m.

Thanks for that John, 

Spending money is out,

Unemployed 67 YO Bum,  Gas and entry Taps me out.  All Good.  Still Have a Few Day's I won't quit Till Sunday.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hDsw3cZe78jZOcAK8BjVT723KbDjwEl0LUS6DmezQyEUAIDc4gZYCLMtUgXtWRI9