1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 84
irish44j (Forum Supporter)
irish44j (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/18/20 6:34 p.m.
bluej (Forum Supporter) said:
MrLittle said:

I rallycrossed my FRS a bunch of times. I really enjoyed it. Very fun car to drive in the dirt. I hope to get back into one as an actual rally car in the future. The cost of them is coming down and there are a couple of them in stages already. Glad to see another one getting the dirt treatment. 

I feel like Chris is about to unlock the "floodgates" of miscreants beating on old German metal to come abuse the frisbees instead.

it's gonna be a few more years before the Toyobarus are cheap enough in running condition for us cheap BMW drivers who can still find the old bimmers for a couple thousand :) But, it will happen eventually.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
6/18/20 6:40 p.m.
irish44j (Forum Supporter) said:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Two of the four tires just showed up, hopefully the others aren't lost.  They look like the right size:

I decided to go with MRFs since they were the cheapest real rally tire (heavy sidewall, not a retread) that I could buy when shipping was factored in.  185/65R15, although this car may be low power enough to go with a 175 at some point, and I'm hoping the medium compound will last me at least a full season of rallycross.

Eventually, when it's stage rally time, I'll run whatever has a good contingency program.

They were cheaper than the Federals? That's pretty damn good because the Feds were already cheap @ 600 shipped for a set. 

Couldn't find a price quite that low on Federals this time but these were $630 shipped.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
6/26/20 5:21 p.m.

Got the tires mounted- sure looks legit:

Oh yes:

​​​​​​

Apart from the blown shock and lousy brake bias it feels excellent- we'll get to see how it works at a rallycross in two weeks!

6/26/20 8:07 p.m.

Needs more livery, if you're gonna actually be fast ;)

Wheels look great. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
6/26/20 8:28 p.m.

In reply to irish44j (Forum Supporter) :

It will be sporting the finest in blue tape graphics.

6/26/20 8:56 p.m.

In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

just drop it off at my place after the event and give me a week ;)

I do have one sticker for it for you, though. 

In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

I'm curious.  Give him the week!

6/26/20 10:24 p.m.
TVR Scott (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

I'm curious.  Give him the week!

Chris knows my affinity for rattle cans, though......

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
6/27/20 10:41 a.m.

In reply to irish44j (Forum Supporter) :

I'm tempted to make some sort of "plausible deniability" argument for the lack of exciting decals and stripes and stuff... but the car is already orange with holes cut in it.  At least right now the locals only see one "race car" when I drive this and the Merkur down the same road back to back.  cheeky

java230
java230 UberDork
6/27/20 12:34 p.m.

Cheap prop valve before rally cross? 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
6/27/20 1:32 p.m.

In reply to java230 :

I hate brake fluid, I'm hoping to only open the brake system once for a complete reroute and ABS removal.

bluej (Forum Supporter)
bluej (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
7/5/20 1:51 p.m.

Bumpity. Running both days next week?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
7/5/20 2:45 p.m.

In reply to bluej (Forum Supporter) :

That's the plan!  This will hopefully be the only event I run on the stock suspension, I'm interested to see how it does.

Recon1342
Recon1342 HalfDork
7/5/20 10:50 p.m.

Subscribed, cause reasons...

rustybuckets
rustybuckets Reader
7/6/20 8:52 a.m.

In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

I'm trying to figure out how to register - the OVR webstire doesn't have registration open yet. Do you know if that's right?

I may have a little mad dash to get my car registered/fixed in time but I'll shoot for it!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
7/6/20 8:56 a.m.

In reply to rustybuckets :

The DC event I'm entering with this car is full and has exceeded the entry cap, I think you're looking at a different event- Ohio I guess?

rustybuckets
rustybuckets Reader
7/6/20 9:01 a.m.

In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

Oh that was me pulling a dumb lol. So, nevermind. 

Car looks sweet though- I've been folowing along the whole time!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
7/6/20 9:10 a.m.

In reply to rustybuckets :

Thanks!  Hopefully registration opens up and you can get out to whatever event you're entering, wherever it may be. cheeky

EvanB (Forum Supporter)
EvanB (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/6/20 9:11 a.m.

Registration for the OVR event hasn't been set up yet. I'll send an email to get them on that. 

rustybuckets
rustybuckets Reader
7/6/20 9:16 a.m.

In reply to EvanB (Forum Supporter) :

Thanks Evan - you're on top of it!

Ok I'm done Jacking the thread!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
7/6/20 4:09 p.m.

Looks like we've got a last minute venue switch from Panthera to Summit Point for the upcoming rallycross- this is a good thing for me, since it's nearly 2 hours closer to home.  I'm probably going to pack camping gear, which, with four wheels and tires, a toolbox, jack, and if I'm lucky a cooler, will probably really stretch the interior volume of the car.

I have to be honest, I'm pretty excited to go back to the old "put all the stuff in the car and tape your numbers on" format for a weekend instead of towing, this should be fun!

paranoid_android (Forum Enabler)
paranoid_android (Forum Enabler) UberDork
7/6/20 7:55 p.m.

In for pics of the car all packed up!

Just go Beverly Hillbillies action on it.  Wheels, cooler, and rocking chair all on the roof.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
7/10/20 12:43 p.m.

There's enough space that I could even have a passenger if I wanted!

Losing the spare tire and styrofoam stuff under the trunk floor gets you a surprising amount of extra space in one of these.  Alarm set for 4am tomorrow.

That is pretty impressive.  Lotta junk you've packed up there.

How would you rate the back seat in that car?  Is it functional at all for full-sized humans?

1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 84

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BX76mzZ9wPJ4t6NEEfWOoTXcu1b1hcd7d565GD74b9SYVjJHihqI0KiK0duyEoBA